Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Only 1 in 31, and it's a bad one on a hero i never play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saafe View Post
    So that automatically makes me qualified for an e-peen contest? Stop being salty, I didn't mean to offend anyone.
    I'm not salty, I'm just pointing out that you're the one who made this into a thread about the exact opposite of what it was about and now getting mad when I point it

Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    Lvl: 45
    Legendaries: 2 (junkrat & tracer)
    Boxes bought: None
    Current gold: 970

Anyone beats me? I'm starting to think my luck is worst in game
    I'm 46 with three legendaries, the one I bought with all the credit I saved up and one each for Winston and Tracer. I have zero time played as those heroes.
    Member of every Blizzard beta club.

It would be nice if you could trade a skin from one hero to another of the same tier level. They hold no prestigious level of skill, or commitment to a hero, beyond a generic 1,000 gold. So why not allow the trading from a hero you never use to one you always use.
    I'm the same with my Thunderbird Pharah. Great looking skin for a hero I never use.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lvl 57, total earned 2000 coins.
    Got 5 legendary skins.
    Bastion:Gearbot
    Mercy: Sigrun
    Roadhog: Mako
    Soldier: Stunt Rider
    Widowmaker: Odile
    2 epic skins.
    Genji: Chrome
    D.vi: White Rabbit
    2 highlight intros.
    So yeah gonna buy 2 skins, thinking of a Reinhardt and Reaper.
    Feels like I've been quite lucky compared to others.

Quote Originally Posted by Reyvah View Post
    Legendary is guaranteed to drop after not getting one 24 times in a row.
    Do you have a source for this?

I didn't get my first and only legendary until level 33. I am now only 38.

Quote Originally Posted by natrodamus View Post
    Do you have a source for this?

I didn't get my first and only legendary until level 33. I am now only 38.
    Here was the original source.

It looks like they have since added an "Update" section that debunks their earlier claim:
    Update: Since originally writing this article, we’ve had community feedback suggesting the Overwatch pity timer isn’t as hard and fast a rule as in Hearthstone. Multiple people have said they’ve reached levels above 25 and not yet opened legendaries in their boxes. However, we’re yet to hear of someone buying a large number of boxes and going past 25 opened without a legendary. This means there also isn’t any footage of this happening, or at least none that we’ve found.

There are a few theories as to what’s happening. It’s possible the Overwatch pity timer doesn’t exist, or has been modified from the Hearthstone version to not guarantee one at a certain point, just slowly ramp up the chance. It’s also been suggested that the pity timer could only apply to bought boxes, though that seems a lot of effort to go through by Blizzard for no gain, as well as seeming unlikely due to how loot boxes are presented in game - once they’re bought, they’re no different from earned ones.

It could also be higher than 25 and our testing simply didn’t show it, or those claiming they haven’t received legendaries by 25 are mistaken. Hopefully as more and more boxes are opened, we’ll narrow in on a final answer.

I have gotten Common/Common/Blue/Common since level 32ish, I'm now 53.

Interestingly, at 51 or 52, i got a legendary bastion skin. That was the exception.

I also bought 33 boxes i think, or was it 11+24 boxes, don't remember. Anyways, I got 4-5 Legendaries from the paid loot boxes.

Of course, no footage to prove it, I don't really record myself playing or opening loot boxes. And even if I did, I can't prove that the loot boxes are from levelling or from buying.

I'm 68 or so and I got 4 legendary skins. First two were for Winston and Mei (safari and abdominable), who I never play. The other two were the black zorro skin for Mcree and young Hansol, both of which are pretty cool. With the gold I got from boxes I bought two legendary skins, devil Mercy and raptor Pharah. Probably going to buy the goddess one for Symmetra next.

Haven't bought any boxes with cash ofc.

Legendary is guaranteed to drop after not getting one 24 times in a row.
    The article this came from has since been updated to debunk this.
    On average, you should receive one approximately every 10 boxes.

Worst case scenarios:
    If you got a legendary on your 1st box, you'd be guaranteed to get a 2nd at 26, and a 3rd at 51.
    If you got a legendary on your 25th box, you'd be guaranteed to get a 2nd at 50.

So at level 45 you're below average, but not atrociously.
    Given enough levels, you're bound to have a lucky streak to even everything out.
    I'm at 55-57, can't remember which was my final level yesterday. Only legendary I have is D.Va's Junker (think that's the name). Every time I open up a loot box I tell myself I'm glad I haven't wasted money on them.

Oh best part is I finally just now hit 1000 credits so I can buy a legendary if I want, but at least I got tons of sprays!

I did get the alliance symbol player icon though which is cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    I'm at 55-57, can't remember which was my final level yesterday. Only legendary I have is D.Va's Junker (think that's the name). Every time I open up a loot box I tell myself I'm glad I haven't wasted money on them.

Oh best part is I finally just now hit 1000 credits so I can buy a legendary if I want, but at least I got tons of sprays!
    Ouch, that's some rough luck.
    If you got your legendary at level 1, you had a 99.6% chance to have received your 2nd by now.
    If you got your legendary at level 25, you had a 95.8% chance to have received your 2nd by now.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm in my early 40s (IIRC, haven't played game in 3 days so forgot the exact level) and have 3 Legendary skins (4 if you count the Hanzo skin I purchased for 1k credits). I lucked out 2 levels ago and got 2 legendary skins and an epic intro in 1 box.

Never purchased a lootbox or ever will.

Currently have: Mei yeti, Junkrat scarecrow, and Bastion old school robot look, and the purchased Hanzo Ookami (on top of the digital deluxe skins). All in all, I feel pretty lucky with the skins I have considering Mei is my second most played hero behind Hanzo and Junkrat is my 3rd most played hero. Maybe the time you have spent on the heroes effect the loot you get from the boxes?

- - - Updated - - -

Wow, that is very unlucky. I had 1k credits by the 30s. Have you just been getting sprays and icons?
    Last edited by Saverem; 2016-06-10 at 08:30 PM.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Wow, that is very unlucky. I had 1k credits by the 30s. Have just been getting sprays and icons?
    Pretty sprays and icons with some common skins sprinkled in. It's rather annoying =/

Ouch, that's some rough luck.
    If you got your legendary at level 1, you had a 99.6% chance to have received your 2nd by now.
    If you got your legendary at level 25, you had a 95.8% chance to have received your 2nd by now.
    Problem with statistics numbers is 100% of the time they are usually wrong, unless it's 100% :P That and from what I read around the "guaranteed" legendary theory was debunked. Also got my only legendary at 26.

Problem with statistics numbers is 100% of the time they are usually wrong, unless it's 100% :P That and from what I read around the "guaranteed" legendary theory was debunked. Also got my only legendary at 26.
    The formula to calculate the odds an event happen at least once, given an X% chance, and Y attempts is:

1 - ((1-X)^Y)
    Where the X% chance is written, for example, as 0.43 for 43%.

Using a 10% drop chance, and your current level (55) minus the 26, gives you 29 attempts.
    1 - (1-0.10)^29) = 0.9528 or 95.3%

So there was a 95.3% chance you would have received a legendary by now.
    You were unlucky and part of the 4.7% of scenarios that don't receive one.

Clearing up some math to show where those stats came from.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Maybe the time you have spent on the heroes effect the loot you get from the boxes?
    I mean...it might but I think it's probably just RNG.

I have the most hours on Symmetra, I bought one of her legendaries, and got two others out of boxes. My second most played character is D.Va and I don't have any of hers other than the one I bought. My third most played character is Soldier 76 and I got two of his out of boxes. So no idea really but I'm gonna go with just RNG considering how many I've obtained for characters I never play (like Roadhog).

7+ Year Old Account
    lvl 42
    4 legendary skins:
    imp mercy
    mariachi reaper
    cybergoth zarya
    chopper torb
    0 boxes bought.
    current gold: 70 (had more, bought a widowmaker highlight intro )
    1 epic skin:
    winter widowmaker
    highlight intros:
    Ganymede - Bastion
    Rolling into action - McCree
    Battle Angle - Mercy
    Just in Time - Tracer
    Hanging Around - Widowmaker.
    Last edited by Raetary; 2016-06-10 at 09:39 PM.

Formerly known as Arafal

The formula to calculate the odds an event happen at least once, given an X% chance, and Y attempts is:

Where the X% chance is written, for example, as 0.43 for 43%.

Using a 10% drop chance, and your current level (55) minus the 26, gives you 29 attempts.
    1 - (1-0.10)^29) = 0.9528 or 95.3%

So there was a 95.3% chance you would have received a legendary by now.
    You were unlucky and part of the 4.7% of scenarios that don't receive one.

Clearing up some math to show where those stats came from.
    Oh I wasn't saying your numbers were wrong as in you did the math wrong. Just saying statistic numbers in general are usually wrong unless it's 100% chance :P Mainly because of outlying variables and it's always a chance.

3 legendarys level 36 junkrat mercy and mei
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}

Gotten 2 (both for genji at 25 and the second in the laste 40s) plus one chest of 500 gold. Level 57 now, and just spend my 2,000 accumulated gold on a couple skins of my choosing. I've gotten very few epic skins and I think only three or four highlight intros.