10+ Year Old Account

Possible caster weapon animations being implemented this expansion?!

So I read through the relatively underwhelming Q&A and found this little gem...

The art team is working on new caster animations right now. The feedback on the new melee animations will help to inform what they are going to do with caster animations.
    Exciting times ahead if that's what this is. If they are working on them now, we should probably expect this to be implemented sometime in Legion then, no?
    Of all losses, time is the most irrecuperable for it can never be redeemed

Deleted
    If they implement casting animations through weapons I hope they're optional, I prefer casting from my hands. And I hope they update the unarmed casting animations as well, some races need it badly even after the character model updates.

I would expect this to happen in 8.0. Working on animations mid xpac is very unusual. Lot of effort into that type of work so they like to spend lots of time on it to encompass lots of areas which becomes an xpac feature. Not positive but at least the vast majority of new animations come with xpacs.

The arcane artifact ability used the staff in the animation, so the tech is there, would be interesting to see what comes out of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rilas13 View Post
    I would expect this to happen in 8.0. Working on animations mid xpac is very unusual. Lot of effort into that type of work so they like to spend lots of time on it to encompass lots of areas which becomes an xpac feature. Not positive but at least the vast majority of new animations come with xpacs.
    Very true, I won't be expecting anything this expansion but..I'm hoping it will be. Seems like they are actively working on it, coupled with the fact that they want to release patches that have features as well as content..it's possible. I also don't see how this would take two years to do, but, it would be unusual.
    Of all losses, time is the most irrecuperable for it can never be redeemed

One can hope! I LOVED the animations in Rift for casters.

Quote Originally Posted by Rathoric View Post
    The arcane artifact ability used the staff in the animation, so the tech is there, would be interesting to see what comes out of it.
    While it is a bit clunky when you are in the Millhouse Manastorm costume your spells and hunter attacks fly from the end of his staff.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Deleted
    I'd love some staff waving and wand flicking for casters. Imagine a Shaman sending out a pulse of lightning from their shield. How cool would that be?!

I do prefer the look of casting with my hands, but the options of involving our weapons would be fantastic.

"Caster animations are on the list to improve." =/= In Legion. We were told new character models were coming long before Warlords of Draenor...

Deleted
    after seeing FFXIV casting animations I cant comprehend how you would prefer casting from your hands instead of FF's way.

Do hunters count as casters? Those BB gun pellet animations need to go.