Quote Originally Posted by azurrei View Post
    Exactly... a VERY large contingent of WoW players love flying. Why Blizzard doesn't embrace this is beyond me - how about a happy medium...they like to make no fly zones but how about entire zones that REQUIRE flying? Why not have half of a new expansion as a fly zone and the other half no fly zone - design the content TO BE ENJOYABLE/RELEVANT in both types of environments? But no, they would rather piss off a huge portion of their playerbase because they are on some hype bandwagon that flying in an MMO is all of a sudden somehow evil and ruins the game...it is ridiculous.
    They can do it but they simply do not have the will power to do it.

They have a lot of artifact power and mana gating player progress out in the "world" and flying would negate that so they try to delay flying as long as possible or even try to remove it again.

sounds great to me. i love how there was no flying at the start in WoD. it really made exploring fun and didn't encourage lazy people.

only thing i think they should do is not make it till the end of the expansion to release it. keep it achievement based and release it with the first major patch.

Quote Originally Posted by wing5wong View Post
    What... you had difficulty with this?
    RNG is dificulty?

So RNG gating player progress and unknown time tables when flight can be achieved is okay with you from a AAA MMORPG developer? For me that is 100% unacceptable as I expect that from an Asian grinder MMORPG to pull such stunts.

They know how many patches they have planned out and raid tiers for Legion but they don't know when flight will available in Legion? Really? My mama did not raise me to be a fool.

Quote Originally Posted by wing5wong View Post
    never quite got this, the game isnt built for you to play the way you want to.

I am not responding to the rest of your post due to the audacity of this statement.

Seriously? I have been playing a game the way I like for years and paying my hard earned money to Blizzard. They changed that without proper notification and baited me into buying WoD on the notion flight was coming in a patch.

So unless they allow me to play the way I want to, Blizzard will not get my money. Less money, less subs... that's a bad thing.
    Last edited by Bun-Bun; 2016-06-10 at 04:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by muffinss View Post
    sounds great to me. i love how there was no flying at the start in WoD. it really made exploring fun and didn't encourage lazy people.

only thing i think they should do is not make it till the end of the expansion to release it. keep it achievement based and release it with the first major patch.
    Didn't encourage lazy people? Everyone was in their garrison. That is the height of lazy game design.

Quote Originally Posted by Bun-Bun View Post
    I am not responding to your post due to the audacity of this statement.

Seriously? I have been playing a game the way I like for years and paying my hard earned money to Blizzard. They changed that without proper notification and baited me into buying WoD on the notion flight was coming in a patch.

So unless they allow me to play the way I want to, Blizzard will not get my money. Less money, less subs... that's a bad thing.
    i do believe flying came in a patch. 6.2. instead of using another gold drop, they went with an achievement to unlock it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am not responding to your post due to the audacity of this statement.

Proper notification? They are not required to give you any notification whatsoever for changes to their game.

That said, considering you obviously come on MMOC, you definitely had to know about the changes coming into any expansion or patch ahead of time. To claim that is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    Didn't encourage lazy people? Everyone was in their garrison. That is the height of lazy game design.
    now you're just twisting. no flying = less encouragement for lazy people.

garrison is for another discussion.

i do believe flying came in a patch. 6.2. instead of using another gold drop, they went with an achievement to unlock it.
    No you are mistaken. It came many months later after patch 6.2..so how it was handled in WoD was poor and in fact they tried to remove flying forever from the game.

No you are mistaken. It came many months later after patch 6.2..so how it was handled in WoD was poor and in fact they tried to remove flying forever from the game.
    how am i mistaken when flying did come with a patch?

>6.2.2
    that was the patch

edit:
    now before you go after me about "MUH THEY TOOK FORAVAR" read my post again. i did personally state they should release it faster.

now you're just twisting. no flying = less encouragement for lazy people.

garrison is for another discussion.
    WoD was a lazy gamers paradise because of garrisons which had everything from professions, gold, savage blood, raid loot, etc. Are you saying WoD encouraged lazy people to do world content because of no flying? That never happened but good try.

- - - Updated - - -

how am i mistaken when flying did come with a patch?

>6.2.2
    that was the patch
    Patch 6.2 was launched in June. Flying was released in 6.2.2 in September.

WoD was a lazy gamers paradise because of garrisons which had everything from professions, gold, savage blood, raid loot, etc. Are you saying WoD encouraged lazy people to do world content because of no flying? That never happened but good try.
    read what i wrote. i'm on topic talking specifically about flying, not about all this other stuff you're rambling on about that encourages lazyness.

no flying = less encouragement for lazy people. one of the few good things they did with WoD by not having it day one, or first month. make it a progress and a reward.

no flying = less encouragement for lazy people. one of the few good things they did with WoD by not having it day one, or first month. make it a progress and a reward.
    Progress toward what with an unknown timetable when it will be released? Reward? How is it a reward when you finish everything and it is released at the end of the expansion at an unknown date and time?

- - - Updated - - -

Patch 6.2 was launched in June. Flying was released in 6.2.2 in September.
    ok? op was going on about how they promised to release it in a patch and claimed they didn't. when they did. you pretty much regurgitated what i stated.

Quote Originally Posted by Axphism View Post
    Proper notification? They are not required to give you any notification whatsoever for changes to their game.

That said, considering you obviously come on MMOC, you definitely had to know about the changes coming into any expansion or patch ahead of time. To claim that is ridiculous.
    Blizzard is being purposefully ambiguous once more about their intentions so a lot of players will be shocked and there will be a backlash regarding patch finder part 1. The fact that there is a part one implies there are more parts. And part one of Legion patch finder is more grindy than than the entire Draenor pathfinder achievement.

- - - Updated - - -

ok? op was going on about how they promised to release it in a patch and claimed they didn't. when they did. you pretty much regurgitated what i stated.
    Nope.

They didn't release it in patch 6.2 because they tried to remove flying from the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVdiA87Gtb8
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/17597939626

Quote Originally Posted by Ferwyn View Post
    Lol OMG seriously??? I never said anything about flying or pathfinder or anything. Where are you getting this from LOL my point, analogies on forums are weak. I thought I made that clear but since you mentioned that I said something about pathfinder or Suramar, I do believe you have a problem reading. Maybe you should think about night classes.

- - - Updated - - -

You are still talking about something not related to the topic which started with an analogy. Point still proven. That is my only point, that analogies are bad because they derail topics and are most commonly weak (never say never because you will eventually find a diamond amongst shit if you dig enough).
    So if analogies are bad because they derail topics... what are you?

Sure it did. But not until after they announced no flight ever again (after stringing us along for months) and after I quit. I didn't find out about pathfinder until months later. The damage was already done and while pathfinder worked as a end resolve in WoD, it is not appropriate going forward.

I don't frequent this site or any other site on topics of WoW other than Blizzards own site/forum. Of which there was no indication that flight would not return to Draenor in the first major patch like originally indicated by Blizzard. And as a paying customer I deserve proper notification to a major feature being removed. Hiding behind ToS is bad business.

Also look at my join date. It was well after the release of WoD. I had never visited this site prior to someone pointing me towards a poll about flight here.

How anyone can find the way Blizzard handled the situation acceptable baffles me.
    Last edited by Bun-Bun; 2016-06-10 at 04:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard is being purposefully ambiguous once more about their intentions so a lot of players will be shocked and there will be a backlash regarding patch finder part 1. The fact that there is a part one implies there are more parts. And part one of Legion patch finder is more grindy than than the entire Draenor pathfinder achievement.
    I was confused about patch finder until the end.

I see nothing wrong with having to earn it, even if it takes time to do so. I will agree that how it worked out in WoD wasn't good, because we obtained flight at the essential "end" of the expansion, but that's because they changed their mind in the middle and tried to compromise. They know their plan this time around. We know we'll be getting flight, they already stated as much. They said it would work out like WoD, but I'm pretty certain it will be more near the start of the expansion for pretty obvious reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrclyde-79 View Post
    I read "flight is just convenience". If that is the case, why has it being announced as "no flight ever again" had such a huge impact to Blizz and WoW? I mean in WoD, where the top of convenience has been the garrison so you have most content AND almost all rewards right in one place. Flight will never be as convenient as garrisons have been, not in a thousand years. It isn't Blizz made content, that is true. But it certainly is Player made/driven content and definitely more than just "convenience" to others.

No, flight is not only about convenience to others. And just because you don't want / can not understand that doesn't make it being not true. Sure, flight offers convenience. But additionally it offers freedom to pick what ever content you want to do whenever you want. It offers another perspective on the world and the content. And it offers a lot of fun for people.

So if you are just using it to swoop up, hit autofly and land at point B for the convenience of things..... well it isn't my or any others fault if you are just doing it wrong.
    Never said it was just about convenience, but it is certainly not content. You can't compare unlocking dungeons, raids or PVP through an achievement in the same way. Flight is not the same type of gameplay as either of those, even if an individual values it greater than the sum of all other types of gameplay. Even if the individual values this as content, it doesn't mean it is, and shouldn't be compared as such.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't frequent this site or any other site on topics of WoW other than Blizzards own site/forum. Of which there was no indication that flight would not return to Draenor in the first major patch like originally indicated by Blizzard.

Also look at my join date. It was well after the release of WoD. I had never visted this site prior to someone pointed me at a poll about flight here.

How anyone can find the way Blizzard handled the situation acceptable baffles me.
    Fair enough, but your join date wasn't after 6.2.2 when flight was put back into the game. Long before that, the requirements were listed as well, on Blizzards official website. If you don't frequent that for information on the game, you don't get to complain about not being notified. That's them notifying you.

How they handled it was pretty garbage. I don't disagree with that. I wasn't very impressed with it either. Shit happens though. They planned to remove flight 100%, saw the amount of pissed off people, and adjusted their plans on-the-fly to accommodate.

This time around, they have their plan set in stone that they already announced MONTHS AND MONTHS ago. Way before most of the Legion information was even coming out.

I was confused about patch finder until the end.

I see nothing wrong with having to earn it, even if it takes time to do so. I will agree that how it worked out in WoD wasn't good, because we obtained flight at the essential "end" of the expansion, but that's because they changed their mind in the middle and tried to compromise. They know their plan this time around. We know we'll be getting flight, they already stated as much. They said it would work out like WoD, but I'm pretty certain it will be more near the start of the expansion for pretty obvious reasons.
    I'm not convinced they have learned anything.

And they changed their minds last time... twice. We were promised flight int he first major content patch. I didn't like it but I accepted it. How did that go?

Fool me once...