Page 50 of 54 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Sure but it definitely did not merit the hype/NDA (? not sure if that was actually a thing or if people are simply claiming that it existed).
    Chaud already said to lower the expectations. Some people were expecting big massive stuff like F2P/Console and all that. Honestly thanks to Chaud's post I lowered my expectations and I'm ok with what was revealed.

Better then just two raid tiers though
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaoji View Post
    I was really hoping for a release date for the pre-patch. News was a bit disappointing.
    Confirmation of 3 tiers is never disappointing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Servos View Post
    Judge Hype interview with Tom Chilton:
    "The pre-expansion patch will contain things like class changes and the new transmog system. A couple of weeks after it is released, the Demon Hunters, Broken Shore event, and demon invasions will be unlocked. The demon invasions will get more intense as time goes on."

Based on this, we get pre-patch with the new systems, then wait undetermined ("couple weeks"), we get DHs, demon invasion, and Broken Shore. There is nothing specific that those last three things will happen simultaneously.
    The wording strongly implies at the same time, since they lumped all three together after "a couple of weeks after it is released"
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    The wording strongly implies at the same time, since they lumped all three together after "a couple of weeks after it is released"
    Demon Hunters, Broken Shore, Invasion a couple of weeks after IT is released.

It being the Pre-expansion patch containing class changes and the new transmog system.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

I guess that's why there's that version with level 100 npcs I was talking about.

I agree with you. I was just trying to convey; 1) We get a pre-patch 2) we wait 3) we get invasions,DHs etc.

If for some reason they release the Invasions and wait another week or two for the DHs they can say 'we said DHs before Legion, not with invasions!'.

Edit:And I was personally surprised they are separating the Invasions from the initial pre-patch. DHs less surprised. But that's me.
    Last edited by Servos; 2016-06-10 at 07:10 PM.

Confirmation of 3 tiers, more dungeons in expansion, world quests scaling up to current content, more dungeons with attunement requirements, patch plan and drought plans, honestly I was happy about all of that information we did not know before as a PVE'er. Whether people had hunches did not matter to me I just needed to hear the DEVS say it. They did, and did not disappoint.

If anyone should be disappointed it is probably the PvP community. I am sure the NDA was a requirement because of the Illidan video and giving outlets time to compile the information for distribution.

On top of the those 4 main things I wanted to see succeed in this expansion, other tidbits all over from other news sources was pretty damn good too.
    http://twitch.tv/towelliee TowelRapaport #WoWsheet

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Demon Hunters, Broken Shore, Invasion a couple of weeks after IT is released.

It being the Pre-expansion patch containing class changes and the new transmog system.
    Blizz said the pre-event will be about 6 weeks before Legion drops, though. So with It being the Pre-Patch, that means we might see Pre-Patch by early July.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by towelliee View Post
    Confirmation of 3 tiers, more dungeons in expansion, world quests scaling up to current content, more dungeons with attunement requirements, patch plan and drought plans, honestly I was happy about all of that information we did not know before as a PVE'er. Whether people had hunches did not matter to me I just needed to hear the DEVS say it. They did, and did not disappoint.

If anyone should be disappointed it is probably the PvP community. I am sure the NDA was a requirement because of the Illidan video and giving outlets time to compile the information for distribution.

On top of the those 4 main things I wanted to see succeed in this expansion, other tidbits all over from other news sources was pretty damn good too.
    What Illidan video?

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    What Illidan video?
    Illidan (Called Harbringers I think) series they are starting with same theme as Lords of War from WoD. We were shown Ep1 we thought it would be launched today but I guess it was a sneak peek. They are not ready to show it I assume or else we would have recived a press kit with videos for distribution.

Quote Originally Posted by towelliee View Post
    Illidan series they are starting with same theme as Lords of War from WoD. We were shown Ep1 we thought it would be launched today but I guess it was a sneak peek. They are not ready to show it I assume or else we would have recived a press kit with videos for distribution.
    Ah ok, didnt see that you were shows a preview of it.

"My attention whoring knows no bounds"

Yeah... that guy seems to nicely encapsulate everything wrong with using 'personalities' to distribute news.

Quote Originally Posted by arboachg View Post
    I was there and I have no idea what it is, if it is not Illidan series thing then I must say I'm excited

10+ Year Old Account
    For all of the people who don't read anything but the last page of posts, the NDA was in place so all attendees could get home and prepare their information. It wasn't because of some big reveal.

Blizz said the pre-event will be about 6 weeks before Legion drops, though. So with It being the Pre-Patch, that means we might see Pre-Patch by early July.
    I recall hearing something similar, but can't for the life of me find the source. Do you know where ?

If the event is 6 week prior to legion. That make it come out around 16th july. And pre patch with class changes coming 2 weeks prior to that making the pre-patch coming end of june/start of july. Unless my math is off completly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Read the front page of this website...
    51 pages of hype and that's it for news!! Jeez. We are a peachy bunch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The main function of Mythic mode for most players is to act as a reminder that, compared to that 1%, they suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    ...that takes away features one expansion and then brings them back in the next...
    I've been thinking the along the same lines in regards to class abilities, and how they were offloaded into the artifact weapon.
    Last edited by metzger84; 2016-06-10 at 08:13 PM.

on the FinalBossTV twitch stream, he said that he knows about an unannounced feature that he can't talk about yet. This is apparently the "special news" he was referring to, but it didn't end up getting announced today. Not sure I believe him.