10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I don't know. He was certainly the most interesting character in the film. Maybe they're just upset that the only character they fully fleshed out got killed.
    I was more interested in Khadgar than Durotan. I was actually more interested in Lothar than Durotan as well. Not that I didn't like Durotan, pretty great character. I just think the rest were equally as fully fleshed out.

Durotan and Draka were supposed to die though. It's good they did for Thralls story, which I'm sure they'll get to.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikiy View Post
    You actually are racist as fuck. You're assuming the Caucasian skin tone is the only possible one in the Warcraft universe just because characters have mostly been portrayed that way. It doesn't mean there doesn't exist a place in Azeroth where people have different skin tones or generally look differently. You know, same how people look differently when you move from place to place on the Earth.

And the LGBT green Moses thing isn't a valid comparison. Why? Because the Asian elf isn't there to pander, he's there because Asians make up a significant portion of the American (and more so Californian) population and outright denying both Asian and black actors systemically would not only be racist as fuck but also self-destructive because you'd be ignoring 18% (20 fucking 7 if looking at California) of the population. I.e., you'd be missing out on a lot of talent. Doing such a thing to satisfy puristic idiots like yourself would be the most gigantic mistake ever.

Please, just stop embarrassing yourself and being a dick in general. I gladly accept the infraction that is headed my way for this.
    Ah, more SJWs going over the top!

Caucasian features is a thing, not skin tone.

In case you didn't know
    The Caucasian race (also Caucasoid[1]) is a grouping of human beings historically regarded as a biological taxon, including some or all of the populations of Europe, North Africa, the Horn of Africa, Western Asia, Central Asia and South Asia.

Ofc there are tones besides white,
    http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/South_Seas

and didn't randomly make one up

but they are all caucasian, fact. There is no lore in warcraft of a non-caucasian group.

the Asian elf isn't there to pander, he's there because Asians make up a significant portion of
    You just described pandering.

Now if we saw someone being asian-looking in game of thrones, no problem, lore supports it
    http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/Yi_Ti

But there is no Yi Ti in warcraft, plz direct me to the map where there is! And an Elf-Yi Ti?? Lol! Show me on this map where it is!

I'm waiting.

*crickets*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ArthurDayne View Post
    How is that funny? You asked what color orcs are, I said they can be several, you joked if I see them as white, I said some are, not all. Your point again?

Wrong, there have never been black people in wow, caucasian features or are you blind?

The more n more I write about race, I'm racist??? Lol so if I write about orcs, I'm an orc?

I'm arguing with stubborn people, it don't matter the issue. I'm right and you are wrong, that's it.
    I see you went full crazy, I reacted to a .gif picture saying it was pandering, it is. Pandering is a thing nowadays in case you haven't noticed.
    No lore to support what was in movie, high elves = quel'thalas = northern part of world = lack of pigment.

Vrykyl like dwarves are more closer related to earthen n other titan non-organic creations than humans so yeah they can be metallic of different colors. But humans who are a later generation than even vrykyl n way past 'the curse of flesh' are obviouslly less likely to have metallic hues, so quit whining.

Fyi I'm against pandering for any reason. I'm white, I loved "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon" I wouldn't have demanded white-pandering "omg no white peoples, you chinese r racist!"
    Fyi if there had been actual lore with black people in wow, I wouldn't have minded them in the movie. But there isn't, and no amount of crying on your part changes that.
    Fyi I have developed fantasy stories of my own and drawn a huge map of a world, and yes, it includes black people and they even have two continents, not just one like irl.

You are just some angry SJW baby who don't like your pandering questioned.

I just want to watch a movie without pandering to whatever group, but no can't have that!
    Lol I'm laughing at you because if you wanted to show a white Orc, the shattered hand clan is literally a pale Orc race, kne that isn't a mindless zombie like Orc.and I was directly asking about the ones in the movie.

Second, I love how you keep on trying to paint me as racist when you are going out your way to ignore that there are black skin tones in the game for humans and dwarves. There is no reason for them to not exist in the movie but you are just kissed they did, that's why I'm calling you racist, trying to hide behind it like it was pandering is just pathetic, you know what pandering is, when they made hymdrall In Thor black, I don't Norse mythology and I normally love tht actor but he felt off in that casting, that I could understand is laundering, but Warcraft? Half the footmen could have been black and I wouldn't care but you seem to.
    And the fact you still are bitching about literally 1 literally 1 Asian elf is hiliarious, but no, you make maps and a universe where there is a black race, so it's cool. Guess what that doesn't make your idiotic mindset about this movie any less racist. And yes I'm saying your mindset, because my reason. For not liking the elf and yours are very very diffrent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowspire View Post
    Lol I'm laughing at you because if you wanted to show a white Orc, the shattered hand clan is literally a pale Orc race, kne that isn't a mindless zombie like Orc.and I was directly asking about the ones in the movie.

Second, I love how you keep on trying to paint me as racist when you are going out your way to ignore that there are black skin tones in the game for humans and dwarves. There is no reason for them to not exist in the movie but you are just kissed they did, that's why I'm calling you racist, trying to hide behind it like it was pandering is just pathetic, you know what pandering is, when they made hymdrall In Thor black, I don't Norse mythology and I normally love tht actor but he felt off in that casting, that I could understand is laundering, but Warcraft? Half the footmen could have been black and I wouldn't care but you seem to.
    And the fact you still are bitching about literally 1 literally 1 Asian elf is hiliarious, but no, you make maps and a universe where there is a black race, so it's cool. Guess what that doesn't make your idiotic mindset about this movie any less racist. And yes I'm saying your mindset, because my reason. For not liking the elf and yours are very very diffrent.
    I'm sorry, but I doubt they made Heimdall black due to pandering. The actor did an outstanding job and I would put money on them casting him in that role because he was outstanding in the audition for the role.

What makes you think that was pandering?

Amazing review

http://www.pajiba.com/film_reviews/w...prised-too.php

This made me laugh too much!

"Between that and the fact that Pirates of the Caribbean with Orcs garnered 60% positive reviews on Rotten Tomatoes, all I can really come to the conclusion is that the vast majority of movie critics are just fucking idiots when it comes to the fantasy genre."
    Speaking trueee

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ArthurDayne View Post
    -snip-
    What the heck are you even talking about at this point? Why the heck is he a SJW? My first character in the game was a dark skinned Human Paladin and have played her since Vanilla up to WoD as my main. There are different races in the game and new races of Elves have been made up more than once at this point. WarCraft has been expanding for years and has changed so many times that it is outright silly to get hung up over the movie universe having black people or Asian looking Elves. Get over yourself.

Update

China - 129 million USD in 3 days
    US - about 3.1 million -
    projected 31 million total for the Weekend

UPI - around 82 Million

around 215 million overall for now

http://deadline.com/2016/06/warcraft...ce-1201770307/

Conjuring 2 will probably not screen in China, limited success in only US and couple of countries
    Last edited by daywalker02; 2016-06-10 at 07:46 PM.

It's not a flaw, but a lot of ppl are not used to endings like that, hell even marvel changed caps death in civil war to him just quitting. I actually enjoyed the way they closed our durotan, in wow they just give tidbits of how honorable and great a Orc he was, in the movie this was put to the forefront and his death was damn near tear jerking to me.
    If there is one big flaw in basically all marvel movies, than it is that are almost 0 consequences for the heroes. Some get established as a person that is flawed and has lost people in their life, but everyone always survives because milking the franchise for money in future releases has to be secured. But the comics also deal with this problem the same way. Can't kill of a ticket magnet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Axphism View Post
    I'm sorry, but I doubt they made Heimdall black due to pandering. The actor did an outstanding job and I would put money on them casting him in that role because he was outstanding in the audition for the role.

What makes you think that was pandering?
    Idk it threw me off and I'm more of a Greek mythology person, so I don't know what heimdall(I didn't even know how to spell the name) looked liked. But the actor was great like I said and I loved him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Except for Quicksilver of course.
    It's been proven that was Disney just being salty fix portrayed him first and better. Fox and Disney have this stupid as rivalry going to the point marvel canceled wolverine and the X-men a damn good cartoon out of spite eventho it rose tv ratings.

And apocalypse may have just returned the favor to Disney by killing scarlet witch.

Quote Originally Posted by daywalker02 View Post
    Update

China - 129 million USD in 3 days
    US - about 3.1 million -
    projected 31 million total for the Weekend

UPI - around 82 Million

around 215 million overall for now

http://deadline.com/2016/06/warcraft...ce-1201770307/
    According to
    http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=warcraft.htm
    168m
    + not counting todays 30m from china
    + 3m from US midnight
    + 31m projected
    looking at ~230m but that's also the US weekend.
    So until Monday it might be closer to 300m.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Blackhand is the Warchief, Gul'dan call him as such several times in the movie. The difference in the movie is that Gul'dan doesn't hide behind the shadow of his puppet.
    As I said once, I see Gul'dan's role in the movie very similar to the one he had during 6.2 as "leader" of the reformed Iron Horde. The dynamics of the story after Kilrogg drank the demon blood made it so that Gul'dan had no need to hide in the shadows. Likewise, in the movie Gul'dan is highly respected for the way he single-handely granted the Horde a safe passage to a new world in order to escape their own dying one. He had all the means to act in the same manner our Gul'dan acted in the 6.2.

I don't know. He was certainly the most interesting character in the film. Maybe they're just upset that the only character they fully fleshed out got killed.
    If we want to look at it backwards, if there was a character who had to be properly fleshed out was the one who wasn't going to have any more chances to be further developed.

And ignore ArthurDayne. Someone raising all this dust for an Asian Elf doesn't deserve much consideration.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightstalker View Post
    If there is one big flaw in basically all marvel movies, than it is that are almost 0 consequences for the heroes. Some get established as a person that is flawed and has lost people in their life, but everyone always survives because milking the franchise for money in future releases has to be secured. But the comics also deal with this problem the same way. Can't kill of a ticket magnet.
    At some point they are going to have to kill off some of the characters if they are going to want to expand the universe further. There are only a couple of the Marvel movies that I find to be actually truly worthwhile. Four of them being Iron Man 1, Captain America: The Winter Soldier, The Avengers 1, and Guardians of the Galaxy. As for the rest, I do not hate them, and even like some of them, but I have no reason to watch them more than once. Still have to see Captain America: Civil War to make a judgement on that, but the only reason I want to watch it is because of Spider-Man at this point, who is my all time favourite superhero.

WarCraft is honestly refreshing to me because I always wanted a High Fantasy movie with the kind of spectacle that we got in this one. It fills a niche to me that I can not get from something like Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, and Game of Thrones, regardless of how much I love those franchises (more so the books when it comes to the first two, but you get my point).
    Last edited by Frozen Death Knight; 2016-06-10 at 07:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tornwar View Post
    Amazing review

http://www.pajiba.com/film_reviews/w...prised-too.php

This made me laugh too much!

Speaking trueee
    Even I think that's a bit... too positive. He's not technically wrong about any of it, but I think there are some objective flaws with this movie, most of them probably caused by cutting 40min off what Duncan Jones wanted this movie to be, that he's using as an example of good world-building.

There's leaving some mysteries to explore and then there's not explaining stuff that's right in your face without context. And I'm almost certain a lot of proper world-building was sacrificed for a more "blockbustery" product, and I don't believe that should be praised.

But hey, it seems like the guy, as a non-fan and someone very critical about movies, loved this more than some of us. That's pretty awesome.

7+ Year Old Account
    Finally saw it. Gonna give it a solid 7/10, praying for an extended version and a sequel.

Deleted
    Lol I'm laughing at you because if you wanted to show a white Orc, the shattered hand clan is literally a pale Orc race,
    I brought up one orc group, you another, is there a point in this you are trying to make?

Second, I love how you keep on trying to paint me as racist
    Well, you are. "add my skin or im mad!" attitude of yours. I can play a game, or watch a movie with no white people in it n won't be triggered.

when you are going out your way to ignore that there are black skin tones in the game for humans and dwarves.
    Dwarves are not humans, they are a different species, dwarves are more in tune with stone, earth n metal than humans are, bad comparrison of yours.

Black skin tones? Soooo...you consider Indians, who are caucasians to be african race now because their skin tone? Lol? That is your line of reasoning, skin equals race? I'm sorry but dark skin isn't something eclusive to africans. The guy who was in the movie was african, and no lore supports that in warcraft = pandering, because that's a trend now.

There is no reason for them to not exist in the movie but you are just kissed they did, that's why I'm calling you racist,
    No, you should call me anti-pandering person who dislike SJW crybabies.

trying to hide behind it like it was pandering is just pathetic,
    So, it's not in any way obvious to you, lol? You are denying that pandering takes place, lol this is too funny

you know what pandering is, when they made hymdrall In Thor black,
    Actually no, Thor mythology is asgard n middle-earth, and in middle-earth which is our world, there is a certain continent called africa, last i checked. THERE IS NO FUCKING AFRICA IN WARCRAFT, NONE! God I can't believe people can be this ignorant, I think I'm dying of laughter

Also, they made the black guy in the Thor movie, the door man!

I don't Norse mythology and I normally love tht actor but he felt off in that casting, that I could understand is laundering, but Warcraft? Half the footmen could have been black and I wouldn't care but you seem to.
    So you want black guards but don't mind zero lore for them n somehow they aren't there solely to pander to anyone? really? Trying to understand SJWs is a fruitless task...

And the fact you still are bitching about literally 1 literally 1 Asian elf is hiliarious,
    I'm stubborn when I'm right, somehow that makes me racist.

but no, you make maps and a universe where there is a black race, so it's cool.
    I made them because I wanted to n the fact that you accept it n still go on this SJW crusade is laughable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    I have enough of this bullshit. Reported.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightstalker View Post
    According to
    http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=warcraft.htm
    168m
    + not counting todays 30m from china
    + 3m from US midnight
    + 31m projected
    looking at ~230m but that's also the US weekend.
    So until Monday it might be closer to 300m.
    BO Mojo is too slow, they did not update

Colombia June 2016
    Czech Republic 9 June 2016
    Greece 9 June 2016
    Hong Kong 9 June 2016
    Croatia 9 June 2016
    Israel 9 June 2016
    Cambodia 9 June 2016
    South Korea 9 June 2016
    Republic of Macedonia 9 June 2016
    Mexico 9 June 2016
    Portugal 9 June 2016
    Singapore 9 June 2016
    Slovakia 9 June 2016
    Ukraine 9 June 2016
    Bulgaria 10 June 2016
    Canada 10 June 2016
    Estonia 10 June 2016
    Finland 10 June 2016
    India 10 June 2016
    Lithuania 10 June 2016
    Poland 10 June 2016
    Romania 10 June 2016
    USA 10 June 2016
    Vietnam

They did not update those countries and there are another 7-8 other markets opening after the 10th of June.

Haven't seen it yet but I'm still not happy about the changes made to Lothar's character/the general lack of Turalyon and how they handle Doomhammer. I doubt seeing the movie is going to change this, I just don't feel there was any reason for it.

Quote Originally Posted by daywalker02 View Post
    BO Mojo is too slow, they did not update
    So I would say it is pretty safe to say, that the movie will make it past 300m.