Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sae View Post
    We might see a return of the bigger, more open dungeon style from Vanilla; Spire/Depths, Maraudon, even Scholomance and Stratholme were pretty lengthy pre-revamp. I'm looking forward to it.

Karazhan makes sense. Hopefully, if they make some Karazhan dungeons, they'll keep the raid available somehow. Maybe make use of the Caverns of Time, they've been pretty empty since Cata.

No kidding. People couldn't even handle Oculus without an extra incentive goodie bag from Blizzard. Revamped ZA/ZG too.
    It'll become "do 3 bosses for bonus and dip" within a month.

15+ Year Old Account
    BRD v2?

25 boss dungeon, aw yiss

Most likely not, maybe an giant dungeon with multiple wings?
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Sae View Post
    No kidding. People couldn't even handle Oculus without an extra incentive goodie bag from Blizzard. Revamped ZA/ZG too.
    There'll be those who want only specific bosses or those who won't stay for partially completed runs.

Im perfectly ok with them using old raids, as long as they don't remove the originals like they did with the troll ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

So, since there's no mention of "mega" on the front page, anyone care to tell me what you all are talking about?
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Quote Originally Posted by Anamnesor View Post
    I think this "mega dungeon" thing is just misinterpretation. If you listen to the source at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q16uJloKIl8&t=12m5s you can see Chilton say that a dungeon is coming and it's going to be "pretty mega". To me that's him just saying that it's "pretty awesome". Expecting it to be some sort of supermega dungeon is just going to lead to disappointment imo.
    Stop getting excited about something that does not exist.
    And shame on whoever made the wrong summery that lead to this.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Deleted
    I'd like to see a "Mega" dungeon that's large with lots of optional bosses, like how Blackrock Depths is (or was). Although I do think there should be extra loot for taking the time to deviate from the zerg path to the mandatory bosses. Otherwise, within a few weeks most PuGs will just ignore all of the side areas.

I love exploring dungeons, and one of the first things I do when a new expansion hits is to go back to the previous expansion's dungeons and see all the things I missed. For example, I didn't even realize Mogu'Shan Palace had such beautiful ceiling art until WoD!

I'm hoping for (a) large, sprawling and lore-filled dungeon(s), using scaling to make it suitable for 1-5 players. I really enjoyed it when I went exploring in the old mega dungeons back during early Wrath. I was trying to complete as many quests as I could, using the Wowhead profiler to track down quests that I hadn't done yet. Learning about summonable bosses, tribute runs in Dire Maul etc along the way.

7+ Year Old Account
    mega dungeon is the new 10 player content

Probably Karazhan, as it was brought up at Blizzcon too

http://blizzardwatch.com/2015/11/07/...-in-patch-7-1/

Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    So, since there's no mention of "mega" on the front page, anyone care to tell me what you all are talking about?
    When the interview transcripts were initially listed, one of the sections discussing patch content referred to the dungeon planned to come with 7.1 as a "megadungeon". This language has since been removed, so take that as you will.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dragothica View Post
    Could it be a Blizzard/WoW version of the new FFXIV "mega dungeon"? (Necropolis it was called wasn't it?)

10man Karazhan would be fantastic addition too, but it probably should be winged to several instances (bottom, middle, top?). I wonder would they keep the old raid version in the game too? Maybe have a bronze dragon in the Deadwind Pass for visiting Pre-Legion version of the area?
    After the flack about the troll raids I hope so. Still getting to experience Kara as current content would be a great experience given I started at the beginning of Wrath.
    Patience is a virtue. I never claimed to be virtuous.

Quote Originally Posted by dragothica View Post
    Could it be a Blizzard/WoW version of the new FFXIV "mega dungeon"? (Necropolis it was called wasn't it?)

10man Karazhan would be fantastic addition too, but it probably should be winged to several instances (bottom, middle, top?). I wonder would they keep the old raid version in the game too? Maybe have a bronze dragon in the Deadwind Pass for visiting Pre-Legion version of the area?
    Quote Originally Posted by Anamnesor View Post
    I think this "mega dungeon" thing is just misinterpretation. If you listen to the source at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q16uJloKIl8&t=12m5s you can see Chilton say that a dungeon is coming and it's going to be "pretty mega". To me that's him just saying that it's "pretty awesome". Expecting it to be some sort of supermega dungeon is just going to lead to disappointment imo.
    You are speculating about something that does not exist.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

The most realistic thing is probably a really big dungeon, split into several wings.

Would also be the best option.

Mega difficulty? Who the fuck needs that? Besides, Mythic+ is already there for those who seek the extra challenge.

Mega lore? Not a valid category to me. Everything in the game is tied into a continuous plot anyway. Blizzards design motto is "gameplay frist" anyway.

Mega number of players? Again, who needs that? Lots of players = raid. Would be massively counterproductive. Dungeons are the most interesting content type for players who DON'T care about organizing, as well as playing in large groups.

Also it might be entirely possible that it's just something someone said as a descriptive term, not a denotative one. Not as in "we have this new type of content, it's called the megadungeon", but just as in "we have this dungeon coming up that's really mega".

I can already imagine the inevitable sea of salty tears. People will take this thing and just RUN with it, and come up with all the craziest ideas about what they'd like it to be. And then they're gonna blame Blizzard because surprisingly, it will turn out not to be that product of fantasy.
    Last edited by Pull My Finger; 2016-06-10 at 07:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think we should be cautious about this and don't start being too creative with what it means. It probably just mean a unique dungeon with a unique experience.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Mega dungeon in the first patch? Sounds like Karazhan revamped into a dungeon. Maybe they'll split it into Lower Karazhan and Upper Karazhan.

What is this bullshit talk of a "mega" dungeon??? You guys misread the quote on the FRONT PAGE!
    Patch 7.1 contains a new dungeon

Mega dungeon sounds to me like a really big dungeon, with a lot of bosses. Not a dungeon with 10 people, as that wouldn't be a dungeon and the dungeon itself wouldn't be mega. It would be called a mega people dungeon then

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    What is this bullshit talk of a "mega" dungeon??? You guys misread the quote on the FRONT PAGE!
    Yeah... or that quote was actually altered and it did read 'mega dungeon' before. DUH!

I think it would be interesting to have it be a Burning Legion city that we have to infiltrate. Each day, there's a daily that asks you to go to a different section of the city ("Collect the tome of ___ from the library" one day, "Kill the Dreadlord in the factory district" the next, etc.), and that has different rare crafting materials located in the various sections of the dungeon. Dedicated players could clear the entire place if they wanted to, or groups could go for specific targets to achieve specific goals.

I hope its like blackrock depths
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle