Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    Xekus, if you wish, please indicate a source that you find reliable and presumably to your tastes. Im sure it would be impossible to find discutable articles with clickbait titles-such things are clearly the exclusive domain of Kotaku....
    Sorry, i don't follow, defend and praise SJW shitholes like you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I hope Hogan gets a decent portion of his money.
    Yes and No. 95% of it was horrible. But some posters there had some nice flogs. But most of them did not.

What do you think mean the sentence ''reliable and to your tastes'' ?

And incidentally, the common definition of ''SJW'' seems to be ''anything left of Gengis Khan.''

Xekus, if you wish, please indicate a source that you find reliable and presumably to your tastes. Im sure it would be impossible to find discutable articles with clickbait titles-such things are clearly the exclusive domain of Kotaku....
    Nope they are not. visit there other sites...they all have them. Worst offenders io9, kotaku, jezebel

Quote Originally Posted by baskev View Post
    Yes and No. 95% of it was horrible. But some posters there had some nice flogs. But most of them did not.
    I have no clue what this means

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I have no clue what this means
    i quoted the wrong part of text :P.
    I was responding to one who said that all of the stuff on gawker site's was bad. Most of it was. But there where 1 time a week a nice one in the huge pill of crap.

And the other remark was: People say it only was kotaku had clickbait titels and commercials that looked like the blog post. While io9 , kotaku and jezebel all had loads of them

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nextormento View Post
    My heart goes to all of the talented writers working for them.
    Truly tragic.
    Look at all this sympathy that you get to keep for yourself!

10+ Year Old Account
    #MAGA

One bastion of liberal degeneracy destroyed by the Hulkster himself.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

Is it bad that I just had a full on Joker-esque cackle fit when I read this news?

Fucking beautiful btw, fuck gawker.
    Gaming & Tech related discussion with occasional poo flinging!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNS...PDOAsdXS7I029g
    https://twitter.com/Aztech_Zero

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ah, few things are more evocative of the fabled freedom of speech than a crusade to shut up people whose speech just happen to not be to your liking (hint : for most people outside of...shall I say a very ardent political allegiance, the idea that Kotaku/Gawker are markedly ''leftist'' is risible)

But then, it's not new. In the only remotely genuine information that will come out of this thread, Jean-François Arouet never said that ''I disagree with you, but I will fight for your right to say so'' : he and his encyclopedists friends routinely petitionned Versailes to send to the Bastille critics saying mean thing about their works...
    This has nothing to do with freedom of speech and everything to do with violating moral ethics and outright trying to profit from invading someone else's privacy. That is the real issue, even though their ethics as a media outlet were often times scrutinized, leaking the Hulk Hogan sex tape tipped the boat for a lot of people, myself included. Prior to that, I couldn't give a fuck what anyone at Gawker wrote, but when they went out and tried to profit off something that was clearly stolen, that was far beyond the line of moral ethics in journalism and they got what they deserved out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    This has nothing to do with freedom of speech and everything to do with violating moral ethics and outright trying to profit from invading someone else's privacy. That is the real issue, even though their ethics as a media outlet were often times scrutinized, leaking the Hulk Hogan sex tape tipped the boat for a lot of people, myself included. Prior to that, I couldn't give a fuck what anyone at Gawker wrote, but when they went out and tried to profit off something that was clearly stolen, that was far beyond the line of moral ethics in journalism and they got what they deserved out of it.
    Then why people can't even hide here that they hate Gawker because they are liberal ''degenerates''. Once again, please note that to find Gawker or even Jezebel ''leftist'', you almost have to be a South Carolinan fireater in 1860...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fullmetal89 View Post
    #MAGA

One bastion of liberal degeneracy destroyed by the Hulkster himself.
    "What'cha gonna do brother when my lawyers come down on yoooouu"
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Then why people can't even hide here that they hate Gawker because they are liberal ''degenerates''. Once again, please note that to find Gawker or even Jezebel ''leftist'', you almost have to be a South Carolinan fireater in 1860...
    Personally, I don't care what political leanings people view them as, that was something I never really associated with their articles. Their articles were just fucking shit, plain and simple, and often times worse than TMZ and rivaled only by publications like the National Enquirer and People Magazine for trash tier level content.

Not everything is left vs right.

You can tell from the name "Gawker" what sort of company you're dealing with. It's circus sideshow journalism. If they were big in printed media that'd be printing celebrity gossip mags and red top tabloids. Feeding a culture of celebrity obsession and paparazzi. Dislike of rag papers and paps is not a left or right wing issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    That is the sort of thing expected when Hulkamania runs wild on you!

"Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth."

Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    I hope Jezebel goes down with the ship. Good riddance.
    Now we just need someone to kill the dailymail and the huffington post and the internet would be a lot more decent.

Good, they have no business being in business any longer
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    A drag indeed.. when it is the government. Otherwise, one should not care.
    Apparently censorship is not a concern of the MMO-Champ Moderators

Ziff Davis looking to buy Gizmodo, Lifehacker, Kotaku, Jalopnik, Deadspin, Jezebel and Gawker. These sites probably won't be going anywhere in the near term if this happens.

Bankruptcy in the US doesn't mean that a business is shutting down. Just look at Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Personally, I don't care what political leanings people view them as, that was something I never really associated with their articles. Their articles were just fucking shit, plain and simple, and often times worse than TMZ and rivaled only by publications like the National Enquirer and People Magazine for trash tier level content.
    If it wasn't for their criminal activities, and that people took them as more than a tabloid, I wouldn't mind them at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Saladbar View Post
    Ziff Davis looking to buy Gizmodo, Lifehacker, Kotaku, Jalopnik, Deadspin, Jezebel and Gawker. These sites probably won't be going anywhere in the near term if this happens.

Bankruptcy in the US doesn't mean that a business is shutting down. Just look at Trump.
    A J2 company? heh, so are any companies without a past thick with criminal misconduct interested in buying Gawker? First we had the Russian materials holding company that specializes in armed take overs, and now we have a company that uses punishing cancellation fees to defraud consumers and a history of fraudulent patent suits. I guess everyone needs a faux news PR branch every once in awhile.

7+ Year Old Account
    Brotha, what are you gonna do when these size 47 pythons come for you?!?

Crash and burn like you should.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venara
    Half this forum would be permanently banned if we did everything some of our users regularly demand or otherwise expect us to do.
    Actual blue mod response on doing what they volunteered to do. No wonder this place is infested.