Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account

GTX 1070 release tommrow

Been without a graphics card for 3 months. Tomorrow is the day I can hopefully buy one. I have all my info on autofill so I can maybe beat the rush. Anybody else going to get one?

10+ Year Old Account
    I bought two. One for my PC and one for my brothers. Also purchased a Gsync 1440p monitor the other day to boot.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-Signature by Winter Blossom-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Waiting for the tests before spending so much money. And before deciding which model to chose.

Deleted
    I do hope you are not going to pay a premium for a simple reference design....

I'm picking up a 1080 soon, so i'm close. Just waiting on some reviews/more models while I do my best not to buy this gigabyte windforce 1080 that's available.

15+ Year Old Account
    You will pay a premium if you can even find one.

Nvidia does this every release, inpatient people will pay premium and us patient ones will wait 2 months to get one, although nvidia could be screwing themselves because if the RX 480 shines as it is rumored too I wont be getting a GTX 1070

I've had the 1080 G1 Gaming card for a couple days and it's a monster. The 1070 seems like incredible value too. Hopefully the availability will be better, so you don't have to camp the "in stock" trackers like I did. I stayed up for a few days and had alarms set.

Meh. I don't see any under 500 euros in Finland. Most of them 509-539€, too much for me.

15+ Year Old Account
    I will wait for the Rx480 and benchmarks. Then i will decide if i get the 1070 or the 480.
    Why do something simple, when there is a complicated way?
    Ryzen 7 2700X | BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 | 16GB DDR4-3200 | MSI X470 Gaming Pro | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G | 500GB / 750GB Crucial SSD
    Fractal Define C | LG 32UK550 | Das Model S Professional Silent | CM Storm Xornet

I'll wait for the customs

10+ Year Old Account
    I am happy with my 780ti atm. But I am tempted to buy a 1080.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ReVnX View Post
    I'll wait for the customs
    One custom did come out today, the EVGA SC. Sold out in an hour though even with the website problems. Couldn't get one myself. So I'm working on a Strix 1080.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-Signature by Winter Blossom-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lobosan View Post
    Wtf do people need with 1070/1080s? There isn't a single current or nextgen game I can't play on ultra with a 970 or 980. I swear people get way too excited over shit they don't even need.
    I don't know... maybe people are running something else than 1080p @ 60 fps...

Wtf do people need with 1070/1080s? There isn't a single current or nextgen game I can't play on ultra with a 970 or 980. I swear people get way too excited over shit they don't even need.
    Rise of the Tomb Raider the 970 and 980 can't play it on very high settings at 60fps minimum even at 1080p. That's why I would by a 1070, mind you there are other games I could add.
    Last edited by Bigvizz; 2016-06-10 at 06:17 PM.

What about people that don't have a 970 or 980? If you are running an Radeon 7xxx series or a 770 why would you buy a 970 when the 1070 is out?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bigvizz View Post
    Rise of the Tomb Raider the 970 and 980 can't play it on very high settings at 60fps minimum even at 1080p. That's why I would by a 1070, mind you there are other games I could add.
    http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/N...X_1070/19.html

Yup, Rise of the Tomb Raider is definitely not doing that great on the 970, the 980 does ok at 1080p, but at 1440p even the 980 is barely holding up while the 1070 is does great.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeara View Post
    I do hope you are not going to pay a premium for a simple reference design....
    Right now is SERIOUSLY the worst time to buy any new cards. ugh. When will people learn? They're always way overpriced when new ones are launched... You seriously need to give it a month or two, let the stock fill up, let the prices down. What's the point of paying $100-400 extra for something that will be that much cheaper in literally a month or two?! Ugh!
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Well I have a GTX 550 Ti. Definitely I have to change it.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ReVnX View Post
    Well I have a GTX 550 Ti. Definitely I have to change it.
    You should still wait for prices to come down. No use throwing money away.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    You should still wait for prices to come down. No use throwing money away.
    I said earlier that I will wait for the custom. I'll probably buy it in August

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Right now is SERIOUSLY the worst time to buy any new cards. ugh. When will people learn? They're always way overpriced when new ones are launched... You seriously need to give it a month or two, let the stock fill up, let the prices down. What's the point of paying $100-400 extra for something that will be that much cheaper in literally a month or two?! Ugh!
    But to have the newest GPU makes me the cool kid again on the internet and that is priceless.