Page 90 of 128 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Did you see the WarCraft movie? Objectively Blackhand and the Gryphons are about as bad as the Scorpion King in that movie, yes.
    Ok, now you're obviously trolling.

7+ Year Old Account
    Did you see the WarCraft movie? Objectively Blackhand and the Gryphons are about as bad as the Scorpion King in that movie, yes.
    Did you see it? Objectively they blow both out of the water.

...4 posts in a row at that, jeez.
    Not enough content? Change you dislike?
    Unsub or sub later. Give Blizzard feedback, "vote" with money.
    Give feedback through official channels → quit paying.

I can definitely say the low RT score was well-earned. What a boring, underwhelming mess.

If I wasn't a fan of the series, I don't think I would have gotten anything out of this turd. Aside from the last 30 minutes or so, the only fun I had was picking out some of the easter eggs and characters.

/spit

Some people got to be trolling. Seriously. Sometimes i think that people hate WoW just because it's popular. Damn, son. I'm glad that User Score on both Metacritic, IMDB and Rotten is getting pretty good. I think it'll net a nice profit and we will get an amazing sequel.
    English is not my first language, feel free to point out any mistake so i can keep learning.

Deleted
    People qqing about the CGI are just trolling.

How could the CGI be the "worst ever" when even the ILM team that was working on it are saying out loud that they "never did as good as the orcs" and that this movie is "setting a new standard" in this category ?

This sounds like the best impression of an edgy teen that you could muster lol.

Going to see it again on Saturday, had a blast last night with a theater full of fans. Cant wait for the sequel!

The cgi was good for the most part but cmon sometimes it was notably bad. Like medivhs lightning at blackrock? Pretty bad.
    Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity

Quote Originally Posted by Partysaurus Rex View Post

The movie is fun and worth $10. Go see it, stop being a hater, go support something you love.
    This is the best advice I have heard.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimon View Post
    I can definitely say the low RT score was well-earned. What a boring, underwhelming mess.

If I wasn't a fan of the series, I don't think I would have gotten anything out of this turd. Aside from the last 30 minutes or so, the only fun I had was picking out some of the easter eggs and characters.

/spit
    And you post with a RLM avatar -.-

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Isurith View Post
    People qqing about the CGI are just trolling.

How could the CGI be the "worst ever" when even the ILM team that was working on it are saying out loud that they "never did as good as the orcs" and that this movie is "setting a new standard" in this category ?
    Because people NEVER hype up their own work. Ever.

I'm sorry, CGI was awful and when the white knights get over the hype they'll admit it as well.

Deleted
    We already have a megathread. HERE.

1. You mean subjectively, because you are literally using your opinion.
    2. Your opinion is pretty ignorant
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm not understanding the update MMO-Champion just released; if the movie spent $160million, why does it need triple that to break even?

Quote Originally Posted by Frostyfire14 View Post
    I'm not understanding the update MMO-Champion just released; if the movie spent $160million, why does it need triple that to break even?
    Same, I can understand $270 to break even by why does it need so much to break even?

Quote Originally Posted by Frostyfire14 View Post
    Because obviously the movie theaters take a cut, cost for the marketing etc is huge, but yes 500 sounds a bit high.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apelsinjuice View Post
    Because obviously the movie theaters take a cut, cost for the marketing etc is huge, but yes 500 sounds a bit high.
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerdpride View Post
    Some people got to be trolling. Seriously. Sometimes i think that people hate WoW just because it's popular. Damn, son. I'm glad that User Score on both Metacritic, IMDB and Rotten is getting pretty good. I think it'll net a nice profit and we will get an amazing sequel.
    I hope it does get a sequel. Because there's a lot of potential here that didn't quite shine through with this first film. Another film is another chance to knock it out of the park instead of just doing ok.
    Gaming & Tech related discussion with occasional poo flinging!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNS...PDOAsdXS7I029g
    https://twitter.com/Aztech_Zero

I have to say, I'm very surprised it has to reach 500m to break even. How the hell do movies like this expect to turn a profit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

I went with my girlfriend (who plays WoW with me and like me fairly played the RTS and enjoys the lore), my brother (who played the RTS) and 7 other people who previously had nearly 0 content with anything Warcraft. They all fairly enjoyed it and are looking forward to a sequel.

It's not a super amazing "immediate-classic" movie, but it's defenitely enjoyable and worth the time/money (at the very least as good and/or better than many of those superhero movies we see so much nowadays), and I believe it might help kickstart videogame movies (curse begone!). I'm just annoyed at some things that imo didn't need to be changed, but I still really liked it and so did everyone who went with me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good to see that Warcraft is crushing the pessimistic projections in the US as well.

PostTrak shows Conjuring 2 skewing more men at 54% to the first chapter’s 51% women. It has a total positive score of 74% and a definite recommend of 53%. Warcraft in early polls has a 78% total positive and 56% definite thumbs up
    "I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if a flock of professional critics suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced."