Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypn0tic View Post
    First tier. tuned around no one having legendary. Second tier. tuned around everyone having one. Beyond that we'll see.

Can wear one at the start of Xpac More later.
    I thought the last they said is that once the race has settled(probably once top 50 kills Guldan) that they would be enabled. The thing you're thinking of was that they would up the limit as time went by.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    LOL please do show us ur awesome profile MR Awesome Mythic Raider.

If all you can do is reply with "Fuck Off" then clearly I have won this little argument. Some Mythic Raiders (Real Ones) like the added spin on the race. You can get these legendary's anywhere and even pre-level 110.

Maybe you should go play Everquest Project 1998 because WoW clearly isn't made for you.

- - - Updated - - -

If a super small amount of Mythic Raiders gets pissy then so be it.

Times and games change ether go with the change or leave.
    Its a change that only effect mythic raiders and only them. Stop trying to appeal to a waste majority when it is the .10% you are talking to. No raider worth there damn salt wants 20%+ of there dps to come from a super rng drop.

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    They aren't that rare. Just play the game and you'll get them.
    You may not get the one you want very quickly, but I imagine after the 2-3 weeks with no raids you should have one just from doing all the Mythics available both weeks and heroics often enough.
    If not, you'll get them in the raid itself.

Don't worry about this.
    Much less they said it seems on the front page that they'll come from dungeons, raid bosses, and epic world quests. So I mean it's not like baddie mcbadderson who logs more hours in game than a mythic raider is going to have multiple legendaries while the mythic raider has none. Granted the OP wanted them to not be there in general since some of them are better than others.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Fable View Post
    Its a change that only effect mythic raiders and only them. Stop trying to appeal to a waste majority when it is the .10% you are talking to. No raider worth there damn salt wants 20%+ of there dps to come from a super rng drop.
    So now you speak for all Mythic Raiders?

arrogant much.

Also once again clearly you don't play beta. They will drop for the spec your in (or set) and can drop from anywhere even leveling up to 110. Getting them won't even be hard.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    So now you speak for all Mythic Raiders?

arrogant much.

Also once again clearly you don't play beta. They will drop for the spec your in (or set) and can drop from anywhere even leveling up to 110. Getting them won't even be hard.
    I don't really know how to sum this up to you since you are pulling on a lot of bullshit to try and be dismissive likely because you don't like the concept of mythic to start with since it takes away from your ques.

Lets make this simple, simple enough even for you.

There are roughly six legendaries for each spec and class some of them shared between the specs. Lets say I am a arcane mage and I get... three legendaries in lets say six weeks. If I get the time warp legendary, blink legendary, and the shield legendary I will be doing roughly... 60% of the damage a arcane mage who got the massive mana restore legendary will do.

Starting to see how that doesn't really lend itself to a competitive environment buttercup?

to let the mythic race be "legit". They could just disable the legendaries in mythic till the world first is over with.
    Then its all hands on deck or just wait a month or so and then activate it again.

But they shouldnt remove the legendaries from any other difficulty at all.
    Cause some people would actually want to use those things if they get them.

HOW!?!

At worst if effect mythic raiders at worst how is that a majority?
    I'm not even talking specifically about legendary drops at this point. I'm talking about the inappriopriate elevation of concern for the world race, to the detriment of the game in general. One such example: The rush to release content early to satisfy the fastest consumers of content (mythic raiders, specifically world first competitors) creating enormous content droughts at the end of expansions, which they have done two expansions in a row now.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I'm not a big fan of the world race but what you described decides the fate of a nation. World Race......doesn't. At least try to be reasonable in your examples.
    It's an analogy. In an analogy, some things are different, and some are similar. I'm not saying the importance of the development pattern of a video game is as important as geopolitics, but that's totally irrelevant. The nature of my criticism remains. There is too much attention paid to the "race" and it comes at the expense of more important issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Stickinator View Post
    to let the mythic race be "legit". They could just disable the legendaries in mythic till the world first is over with.
    Then its all hands on deck or just wait a month or so and then activate it again.

But they shouldnt remove the legendaries from any other difficulty at all.
    Cause some people would actually want to use those things if they get them.
    It sucks when your gear doesn't work due to some condition. I would rather the thing not exist, than for it to exist and work sometimes and not work other times. Like flying in some areas but not others, or PVP abilities working in arenas but not world PVP... These ideas are no fun. Getting used to your character working a certain way, and then coming into mythic progression and then unexpectedly being dogshit due to some item restrictions on the basis of fairness in a world race is just....crap.
    Last edited by Vaerys; 2016-06-10 at 09:59 PM.

Starting to see how that doesn't really lend itself to a competitive environment buttercup?
    The thing you forget is 1) Anyone can farm them doing anything and 2) everyone has the same % chance at getting them.

Hell by the time you even hit Mythic good chance you will have 1 or 2.

Also like I said don't speak for all Mythic raiders and do you understand how your argument is stupid buttercup?

To add everything is (Super RNG). Get your tier warforged but X mage in Y guild didn't well you got a advantage on them. This isn't anything new and in order for the race to be 100% legit and fair everyones stats should be set so its skill and not gear.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    I'm not even talking specifically about legendary drops at this point. I'm talking about the inappriopriate elevation of concern for the world race, to the detriment of the game in general. One such example: The rush to release content early to satisfy the fastest consumers of content (mythic raiders, specifically world first competitors) creating enormous content droughts at the end of expansions, which they have done two expansions in a row now.

It's an analogy. In an analogy, some things are different, and some are similar. I'm not saying the importance of the development pattern of a video game is as important as geopolitics, but that's totally irrelevant. The nature of my criticism remains. There is too much attention paid to the "race" and it comes at the expense of more important issues.
    Mythic raiders are the ones who use the content the longest is isn't like lfr where you are done in two hours. This also effects server races as well. Mythic doesn't have a massive knock down effect and never has.

Sure hope you can use them raids, I want my grinding to be an actual reward.

LOL how pointless would they be if you couldn't use them in raids or end game.

First point:
    This server competition you speak of barely exists anymore (at least for a lot of servers).

There are guilds who will and will not use split runs with alts to their advantage. There are those guilds who will raid 7 days a week with extended raids on weekends because they recruit players able to do that and there are those guilds who raid mythic who do less (sometimes a lot less).

For me it feels there is a huge difference between server competition now than there was an expansion or 2 ago.

Second point:
    Ranks outside of the top X amount of guilds don't really represent much special, even in those top guilds simply because of the time/effort (not necessarily skill, like maximising alts for split runs)/gold some guilds invest early on. I have seem guilds do really good on ranks but had insane amounts of pulls compared to lower ranked guilds who raid a lot less.

Third point:
    Not that this might be of any help to curb your anger at the situation of legendaries but logs will now come with gear sheets for what characters wore while participating in a kill. Maybe that offers some solace to compare kills with other guilds.

Anyways at the end of the day a legendary item is not going to make a bad player good. It might help to improve performance of a good player but its highly unlikely going to make or break something if your concern is over realm ranks. And there are factors like time investment that are going to have a much larger impact on that kind of thing.

I'm in a 4 night a week raid guild that consider ourselves semi-hardcore, we have a tight roster so no-one is warming the bench excessively but we are also on a realm with a guild that raids 7 days a week with a larger roster with multiple alts, who raid from very early on in the day to sometimes the wee small hours of the morning. During HFC it was not uncommon to see them online at 3-4am. This is going to be the biggest impact on the gap between the ranks each guild will get in legion, not theirs or our RNG on legendaries.

Mythic raiders are the ones who use the content the longest is isn't like lfr where you are done in two hours. This also effects server races as well. Mythic doesn't have a massive knock down effect and never has.
    That's totally irrelevant to my point. They burned through Highmaul, and clamored for the next raid. Most people weren't done with Highmaul before BRF was released, making Highmaul useless. Wasted content up front resulting in a content drought at the back end.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    That's totally irrelevant to my point. They burned through Highmaul, and clamored for the next raid. Most people weren't done with Highmaul before BRF was released, making Highmaul useless. Wasted content up front resulting in a content drought at the back end.
    Highmaul wasn't rushed out because of raiders it was rushed out because back then blizzard still though wod would be a year long. Tell me do raiders make it rain and dry out your crops to?

10+ Year Old Account
    Alright first of all a sanctum and a bastion are two different things.

Second I don't want your bs rng orange items fucking up my raid. Do you have any odea the power difference between a good legendary and a trash one?

I just want my damn anti rng bs aura in mythic that is it.
    You'll get the same shit as everyone else, and no one really gives a fuck about it.

There are plenty of M raiders that want the new legendaries to function in raids, myself included. They're integral to class ability and identity in Legion.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

This was explained in plenty of the interviews. The legendaries are supposed to be tuned to have a similar effect to a lucky warforged trinket or weapon drop or something in that line of power, which gives you a couple percent of power and always has. If your group has really good luck with crucial trinkets or weapons, or terribly bad luck, that just changes the power level, and always has. The legendaries do nothing differently.

If any legendary is way too powerful, it should be given as feedback on the beta. They did ask for targeted legendary testing to get that feedback going in the alpha, and I'm sure the vendor for the legendaries will be back in a later phase to revisit this topic.

Legendaries won't be active during the first few weeks of mythic (source)

Quote Originally Posted by Comfort View Post
    Second point:
    Ranks outside of the top X amount of guilds don't really represent much special, even in those top guilds simply because of the time/effort (not necessarily skill, like maximising alts for split runs)/gold some guilds invest early on. I have seem guilds do really good on ranks but had insane amounts of pulls compared to lower ranked guilds who raid a lot less.
    This isn't an entirely fair comparison. Guilds that raid less will have much more information available regarding tactics of fights, often making them easier to deal with (for example Xhul'Horac, when Method/Paragon killed them, the mage cheese tactic wasn't really known yet). Aside of that, those guilds will also have more gear since more resets have passed, given that they don't extend (which they really shouldn't most of the time), making certain fights a lot easier, like Tyrant. Obviously, this doesn't really apply to fights that are hard because of their mechanics, like Gorefiend.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    This was explained in plenty of the interviews. The legendaries are supposed to be tuned to have a similar effect to a lucky warforged trinket or weapon drop or something in that line of power, which gives you a couple percent of power and always has. If your group has really good luck with crucial trinkets or weapons, or terribly bad luck, that just changes the power level, and always has. The legendaries do nothing differently.

If any legendary is way too powerful, it should be given as feedback on the beta. They did ask for targeted legendary testing to get that feedback going in the alpha, and I'm sure the vendor for the legendaries will be back in a later phase to revisit this topic.
    No one actually tested them... hell only a few people did for fun sims on them. Currently some like the massive mana restore to arcane mages is extremely powerful. Everyone went into thinking that legendaries would act as a usual zone wide nerf and figured we would have months to collect the good ones not weeks

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard should stop listening to Mythic raiders and listen to the other 99% of their players.

If I am lucky enough to get a Legendary to drop in the open world. I want to use it whenever and wherever I can.

Most players do not care about the word race anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    If everyone is intended to have one at some point just by doing normal stuff, why is this a big deal exactly? Because you might not get exactly the one you want? Give me a break...

Highmaul wasn't rushed out because of raiders it was rushed out because back then blizzard still though wod would be a year long. Tell me do raiders make it rain and dry out your crops to?
    This isn't about "raiders." Raiders are the ones suffering right now from nothing to do because of yet another expansion with an uneven pace of content release.

It's about people who prioritize the integrity of progression races over principles of good game design and project management. The idea of starting mythic progression with gear that is deliberately nerfed relative to heroic is repellent.