Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    I love the way they changed the professions.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tart View Post
    Why do you all seem surprised? Blizzard have been fucking you over for years with shit like this. Instead of keeping it simple with new recipes they just love reinventing the wheel square.

Legacy is on the horizon anyway so screw it.
    Legacy wont make the toilet

10+ Year Old Account
    Think it also has a bit to do with bots farming 24/7 and selling insane amounts of Bloods.
    This way it encourages people to take a gathering and a crafting profession for maximum output.

Edit: if I remember correctly I asked a GM once since I wanted to swap from Goblin to Gnomish Engineering that if I unlearn one and learn the other, will I keep the previous' recipe or not. He said and I'll keep it easy: I WAS Goblin and had Goblin recipes, I learn Gnomish and learn Gnomish recipes, I won't be able to craft the Goblin ones, but they will be on the profession's list. Vice versa too.
    I assume it also works the same with swapping an entire profession around; or at least there is a ticket service which can give you back all your old recipes if you swapped a profession wrong.
    Last edited by Mhyroth; 2016-06-10 at 11:53 PM.
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

I cannot add anything that most haven't said except the following. Bloods being BoA is a really decent solution when you look at the grand scheme of things. Blood of Sargeras is not like the previous mats like spirits, primals, savage bloods, or felblight. There were quick was to farm all of those, especially in WoD. I get that the want to make sure that doesn't happen again, but I don't agree with making them BoP and so many players having to lose out on progress they have worked on for so long or unobtainable mats. For those that do not know, yes, you can get BoS from fishing, world quests, and a shoulder enchant. However, how much you get from World Quests are very low and they ARE time gated by how often they appear. Fishing will have the same drop rate as the other gathering methods, but your just standing in a spot all day. Fishing is not for everyone. The shoulder enchant requires you to be revered in order to purchase it, so you are gated until you can get the required rep via questing, but essentially, world questing for that location. They have stated they want mats to be much more harder to come by then before and I am all on board with that. It is going to take a lot of time in order to make a crafted piece of gear or level up/rank up professions. I think that is a good thing for the game. However, with something as important as BoS being BoP, I feel like that hinders the experience. It takes away the freedom of choice by making it feel like you have too take 1 crafting and 1 gathering profession. Obviously, no one is forcing anyone too do anything, but it does make you feel like you have to if you want too get it done within a viable amount of time. Crafted gear, which is ilvl 800, takes about 100 BoS to make. Obviously a long time considering the low drop rates already. The problem I have with that is, World Quests will already be more powerful then that before you can even make it. But, you can upgrade it via the obliterum! However, with as much obliterum dust as you need (destroying mutliple pieces of crafted gear that still takes a long time to get, even if you rank it up), it simply doesn't feel like it would be worth the trouble to even craft it, except maybe for transmog, due to World Quests gear drops and how they scale. I should also mention, World profession Quests do not proc unless that skill level is at 300. So it will take time to level up that new profession considering how low the drop rate is on a lot of mats. I feel like making BoS BoA, would help a lot of players and keep that freedom of choice in the professions they choose. Professions ARE supposed to be fun and about choice. I understand why some people like it BoP or it doesn't bother them, but there are a lot of players in this game. Some won't even know about this until they run into when it's live and they will feel like they wasted their time (can't speak for everyone, but you get the picture). These are just my thoughts and I am sure someone will disagree with me. That's fine, your allowed to have an opinion. So am I though. No one here can speak for everyone or even what is good for the game. None of us are developers of a successful MMO. However, I do try too at least look at everyone's side on this. I just don't see how this can be a good thing when there is an easy fix like making them BoA. The multiboxers will already have their fill with herbs and ore on the AH now that every node can be shared up too 5. I don't see a big deal for making such a rare drop already to be BoA.!

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    Yes, and there is nothing wrong with that.
    There is something VERY wrong with that. I am playing since Vanilla with my main and since TBC/Wrath with my alts. I selected double crafting professions at that time and put an effort to gather as many recipes as i can for each profession. Now my alts have at least 98% of the possible recipes/formulas/plans etc on every profession. The choice i made years ago and was valid is invalidated now for which reason? I could accept if they made blood of sargeras like motes and spirits of harmony, but they don't. It's either drop or it isn't, or fishing. Changing my toons to one crafting, one gathering is out of the question because of the sheer amount of recipes i'd have to gather and relearn. They are punishing me for a choice i made a long time ago for no reason.

Bloods BoA have the same effect of Bloods BoP, while still allowing people freedom of choice on their profession picking. Because it is the same player who puts the time and effort to gather them. Beacuse not only you will have to play your gatherer, but you will STILL have to play your crafter to get recipes or better ranks for those recipes. Strictly BoP just gates double crafters to a slower pace and cancels double crafters. For people who think this is a small part of a player base... well, you don't know that. I could argue the opposite just because of my own choices.

TL;DR: Either make blood bits of sargeras dropping from mobs (like motes of harmony) or make full bloods BoA. I can understand them not being BoE. But just BoP is extremely punishing.
    Last edited by Fabinas; 2016-06-11 at 01:30 AM.

Something regarding making bloods BOA:

If they make bloods BOA, they work cross-faction and cross-server, although limited to alts. I don't think there's a lot to lose here, ie, gathering nodes are now personal and so there is less incentive to, say, go to a low-pop server to gather bloods and send them to a high-pop server where you can't get many because nodes are contested. However, prices between servers are still different, etc, and so the blues might have a different point of view.

If they make bloods BOE, they work cross-faction through the auction, but stay on the same server. The price (to Blizzard, I completely disagree it is an issue to begin with, but their logic is different) is no limitation to alts. Even with no limitation to alts that might be preferable.

They might also make bloods BOA *but* limit them to the same server. This can't be difficult to do.

The main thing is that BoP is a completely stupid thing to do - and no, I won't switch any of my professions. I am not going to switch alts from double crafting because they store recipes that would be lost, and I am not going to switch main from double gathering because I am using main to gather for alts (not going to roll a gathering alt either, plus Blizzard, ironically, wouldn't want me to roll it) and so we aren't talking about one switch, we are talking about constant back and forth, and this is tedious. I'd rather unsub. Honest.
    Last edited by rda; 2016-06-11 at 06:59 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not a problem, it's a design philosophy. Crafting should matter, and your choice of crafts should also matter. You can choose to go g/g or c/c, but you're obviously not doing what the gamemakers intended, so you'll have less than optimal results.

You also have the choice of wearing cloth on your warrior, are you upset that Blizzard hasn't embraced your love of night-robes and made it equal in power to plate?
    Are you serious? If they didnt Inteded it, then they would have forced you to pick one gather and one crafting. They didnt force you to pick one of each, so they didnt intend for you to do so. They dont intend for us to fly in the beginning of the expac, so they dont allow us to.... see, that is how they make us do things the way they intended it to be.... Guess they intend for it to be like this now though =P.

Well I guess that the professions will make more money this way on the AH since gear gonna be real expensive..... now will I drop ench or jewelcrafting.....

But that would reduce the overall effectiveness of the intended result - requiring commitment and effort on the part of the crafter to create the best crafted items. In order to lvl your crafting in legion there is a whole quest chain you have to do, meaning that if you actually want to do top tier crafting on every prof you'll have to put some pretty hefty effort into it. The idea that you also have to gather each characters bop materials individually ties into the theme.
    Fair point, but at the end of the day you as a player put in the same amount of effort whether it's on alts or not. I do see where you're coming from though.

7+ Year Old Account
    Gathering....

No thank you. Thank fuck I've been able to buy gold since 2004.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuck View Post
    Gathering....

No thank you. Thank fuck I've been able to buy gold since 2004.
    How relevant to the thread. Thanks for your intuitive contribution.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Elvine reports that there seem to be no plans to switch Blood of Sargeras back from BOP to BOE.

WTH do they push me to reroll one of the crafting professions to a gathering one? But fine, whatever, let's say it can work because there are ways to get some amounts of Blood of Sargeras from world quests, etc. The real puzzler is this:

WTF am I supposed to do with Blood of Sargeras as a double gatherer?

Save it in bank and wait until Legion mats become obsolete so I can switch to a crafting profession and make some outdated gear for myself???

Blizzard, I am in your world, enjoying your scenery, gathering nodes. Is that not what you wanted? Why the hell are you punishing me for not having a crafting profession on the main? Why the hell can I not even mail my bloods to an alt???

It's just stupid.
    If I remember correctly, those type of mats were Bop until WOD. Sometimes they made them BOE towards the end of the x-pac, but they always started Bop.

Quote Originally Posted by Alydael View Post
    If I remember correctly, those type of mats were Bop until WOD. Sometimes they made them BOE towards the end of the x-pac, but they always started Bop.
    No, by and large everything from gathering was always BOE. BOP mats you have in mind came from various bosses and things like dailies, no issues with that. This is the first time this stupidity hits Azeroth.
    Last edited by rda; 2016-06-11 at 10:21 AM.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Something regarding making bloods BOA:

If they make bloods BOA, they work cross-faction and cross-server, although limited to alts. I don't think there's a lot to lose here, ie, gathering nodes are now personal and so there is less incentive to, say, go to a low-pop server to gather bloods and send them to a high-pop server where you can't get many because nodes are contested. However, prices between servers are still different, etc, and so the blues might have a different point of view.

If they make bloods BOE, they work cross-faction through the auction, but stay on the same server. The price (to Blizzard, I completely disagree it is an issue to begin with, but their logic is different) is no limitation to alts. Even with no limitation to alts that might be preferable.

They might also make bloods BOA *but* limit them to the same server. This can't be difficult to do.

The main thing is that BoP is a completely stupid thing to do - and no, I won't switch any of my professions. I am not going to switch alts from double crafting because they store recipes that would be lost, and I am not going to switch main from double gathering because I am using main to gather for alts (not going to roll a gathering alt either, plus Blizzard, ironically, wouldn't want me to roll it) and so we aren't talking about one switch, we are talking about constant back and forth, and this is tedious. I'd rather unsub. Honest.
    BoA Bloods working cross faction: Not an issue, we have unified AH already, where you gather your gold matters to you and only you and doesn't affect the server economy on the slightest. It gives you the freedom to play your crafter character DESPITE the faction he's in.

BoA Bloods working cross realm. With CRZ, even if you're on a populated realm, you can gather at a non-populated one. Prices on servers will be different but i suspect the other materials will also play a role to the pricing. It all depends on whatever the server market will choose: Consider Bloods as a rare commodity and price items upon it or consider it "free" and price items according to rest materials market price. Whatever way each server chooses, i am the same player playing the game and which character i gather my mats on open world shouldn't matter (this doesn't apply to the dungeon/raid drop mats of course). You still have to play the gatherer to do the quests and get gathering ranks, you still have to play the crafter and get the crafting ranks.

Does enchanting require bloods as well? I have tailoring/enchanting on my Shadow Priest since Burning Crusade. Both have nearly every pattern in the game, I would REALLY hate to have to drop one or the other after working so hard to ensure I have all those patterns all these years...

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    No, by and large everything from gathering was always BOE. BOP mats you have in mind came from various bosses and things like dailies, no issues with that. This is the first time this stupidity hits Azeroth.
    Not the first time. Motes and Spirits of Harmony were BoP at start of MoP. But at least with motes you could get them at any level from pandaria mobs and had a feeling of advancing toward getting spirits. Now it's binary: You either get it, or not. RNG hated.

Primal Spirits were gathering only at the beginning of WoD and are STILL BoP in WoD, the bloods became tradeable at the end of WoD.

Deleted
    hmn, not too excited about BoP Bloods, but I'm relatively sure they will just change them to unbound on later patch just like they have done to pretty much every BoP resource before. This does feel like limiting player options when it comes to effective choice in professions though. Luckily most of recipes don't seem to require Blood of Sargeras (mostly just ones related crafting BoE epic loot for AH).

I'm pretty sure if this goes live min-maxers like myself with take dual-gathering, get a ton on Blood of Sargeras during first few weeks, then change to dual crafting and make a bank.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalkzul View Post
    I think they should make gathering professions secondary professions. IMO.
    They may as well take the FFXIV approach.
    Get ALL the professions!

Quote Originally Posted by StarGazer91 View Post
    I don't really see the problem, aren't there Tomes that allow us to chop and change professions without losing progress?
    You still go back to skill 1 and you only keep legion recipes, not rare/unobtainable recipes our characters have known since vanilla.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Deleted
    They got to be joking.

WTF I'm supposed to do with double crafting profession characters then?

I have 10 million gold + crafting professions BECAUSE I WANT TO USE THE GOLD ON BUYING MATS. I CAN'T BE ARSED FARMING THEM, ESPECIALLY ON EVERY FCKING ALT SEPARATELY !!!

If this makes it to live (not even BOA, dafuq) the whole damn profession system will fall flat on its face for me.

There's me un-hype. Great job.

Any trading goods should never be BOP really. It ruins the whole purpose of economy and playing with the professions and auction house.
    Under normal circumstances there's a balance between gatherers and crafters who buy the mats off them.
    With that kind of bullshit system, there's no balance. There's shortage of crafted stuff and inflated prices.

There's no way this makes it to live game. REQUIRING every player to run one gathering + one crafting would be incredibly dumb. That's way more restrictive than during proff perks era. They removed combatperks cos they wanted ppl to roll with proffs they want. And now they pull off shit like this.
    Last edited by mmocd8b7f80d95; 2016-06-11 at 12:26 PM.