Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Perhaps the lack of some crusade from the streamers means it isnt as big an issue as it is made out to be.
    And don't use the thread as some "proof" otherwise as it has been proven numerous times that players determined to have a gripe will jump onto the latest bandwagon.
    Many even refuse to let go of one that has been beaten to death already.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Telomerase View Post
    People will complain once they realize that they can't use the majority of their transmog models. It gimps the entire transmog system and really takes us back to a time before it even existed. Being forced into one weapon type that Blizzard chooses for the next 3 years does not sound very fun or interesting to me.

Not to mention that it removes all choice in the matter. They might as well just define what weapon they want each class to use permanently, since that is basically what this does.

I thought they would have learned their lesson after WoD with forcing their choices on us, but apparently not.
    I get the points being made here but it seems that blizz has put a ton of effort into variety of looks for all of the artifact weapons. On top of that they will come in literally every color imaginable, you might just have to do some grinding to unlock the color you want. That will be part of the fun of the expansion, collecting the different artifact looks and color options to match your multitude of Transmogs. Maybe you will even make several new transmogs based on/around a particular artifact skin and color combo! Wooot! sounds fun.

The one major thing that really irritates me is that I really wanted to use the Challenge Mode staff with the tendrils on my shadow priest for Legion. It fit perfectly for theme.

I was really excited when they said the weapons would become BoA, but soon realized that I was going to be forced into using a dagger+offhand.

I was hoping that with the introduction to weapon artifacts, Blizzard would put forth a new way transmog would work for them. Allowing us more freedom in how our weapons look. Instead we've been limited or stay the same. My main is an Arms warrior, so I don't feel too affected on them. But for my other favorite alts? No staff in sight.

------
    If they're going to force us into these weapons though, they should fix how characters may hold them.

My shadow priest on beta doesn't even hold the tome. Her fingers vanish inside the tome and the way her hand is shaped she is holding a staff/wand/vial. But not a tome.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I mean I'm trying to find what class is being forced out of its identity by Artifacts.

And nobody really comes to mind except maaayyyyybbeeee if you're the like 3 people who liked 1H Fury or 2H Frost.
    As a Fire Mage, if you've always used staves, you now have absolutely no choice but to wield the 1h'er Felo'melorn in Legion. Pretty salty about it tbh.

If you are really into xmog you are most likely into RP to some extent. If you found some mythical two handed sword I really don't think you would complain to the etherals that they won't xmog it into a one hander and quite honestly you can use a one handed weapon next xpac if you really want to, just the stats will be about 10 levels behind.

Quote Originally Posted by DesMephisto View Post
    Warriors who have been SMF the entirety or near entirety of wow are forced into Titans Grip so even though all of their transmogs revolve around 1handers they now are fucked into a state of "Well, fuck you"

The same applies to: Holy Paladins, Elemental Shamans, Shadow Priests, Monks, DK's (less of an argument here) the point is, numerous classes were screwed over because of this artifact system and nothing has been said about these people.
    Just get a 2H that looks like a smaller weapon, problem solved.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rhuulum View Post
    If you are really into xmog you are most likely into RP to some extent. If you found some mythical two handed sword I really don't think you would complain to the etherals that they won't xmog it into a one hander and quite honestly you can use a one handed weapon next xpac if you really want to, just the stats will be about 10 levels behind.
    I don't think they care. Some people feel like any restriction is some sort of slight against them, and in the name of justice should this restriction be lifted.

Quote Originally Posted by Telomerase View Post
    People will complain once they realize that they can't use the majority of their transmog models. It gimps the entire transmog system and really takes us back to a time before it even existed. Being forced into one weapon type that Blizzard chooses for the next 3 years does not sound very fun or interesting to me.

Not to mention that it removes all choice in the matter. They might as well just define what weapon they want each class to use permanently, since that is basically what this does.

I thought they would have learned their lesson after WoD with forcing their choices on us, but apparently not.
    Saying it gimps the "entire" transmog system is not even close to the truth.
    ONE or TWO slots are limited in the same way they are now, by your choice in weapon.
    That isn't a "majority" of their unlocked appearances, again just a fraction of the number of slots.
    It is in no way affecting transmog mechanically.

What it is doing is limiting gameplay preferences via weapons decisions, and aesthetic choices which a given weapon choice can allow.

Trangmog itself as the functionality is not in any way being altered by that.

If people want to make a good argument, then get your facts right.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2016-06-10 at 11:57 PM.
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Saying it gimps the "entire" transmog system is not even close to the truth.
    ONE or TWO slots are limited in the same way they are now, by your choice in weapon.
    That isn't a "majority" of their unlocked appearances, again just a fraction of the number of slots.
    It is in no way affecting transmog mechanically.

What it is doing is limiting gameplay preferences via weapons decisions, and aesthetic choices which a given weapon choice can allow.

Trangmog itself as the functionality is not in any way being altered by that.

If people want to make a good argument, then get your facts right.
    But its not my choice...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rougle View Post
    So warriors gets swords, they can still transmog it to any weapon they want,

Shadow priests gets dagger and off hand.. Which they use now anyways..

Demo warlock get

ele shamans get fist weapon and shield.. which again.. is what I see the majority using today.

Demo get dagger and shield..

Monks get staff staff and fist weapon depending on spec

and frost dk gets two swords..

Really.. Not a single person is stopped from transmogging..

To counter your point I could just as easily say that a holy priest cant transmog into a dagger.. But somehow that does not cause you a problem.
    Why is that?
    Many warriors use 1 handers.

Many Shadow Priests use Staves/Maces/etc (See mythic archimonde loot)

Ele shamans do not mainly use fist weapons...what? Maybe some because of Xul loot from mythic, but again Archie loot.

A ton of monks still use swords/axes/etc

Frost DK's used two handers.
    I level warriors, I have 48 max level warriors.

How a multitude of classes are locked into a "Go fuck yourself" state with weapon types despite their own desire and preference to weapon style.
    I made a post about this topic some time ago. It was terribly received, as almost everything on the wow community.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...fear-confirmed
    People just don't care, but don't worry, they will start whining as soon as the expansion goes live, as it happened with WoD
    ~Metzen whispered in my ear "it's all ogar now"...

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I mean I'm trying to find what class is being forced out of its identity by Artifacts.
    And nobody really comes to mind except maaayyyyybbeeee if you're the like 3 people who liked 1H Fury or 2H Frost.
    There are weapons that are done with a certain class in mind that can't use them anymore because their Artifact weapon is different.
    Demonology Warlock for example. He has now an offhand item. But this staff looks like a felhunter and fits perfectly to the demonology warlock:

Now I can't use that staff anymore (only if I play a different spec)
    Last edited by Kryos; 2016-06-11 at 08:01 AM.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    no one needs another useless question on this Dev shit where 90% is old info don't know why those streamers even asked these question we got answered like half a year ago .. and i guess most of the dumb Questions came from our casual carried pala Towellie who doesn't know WoW at all after 12 years

15+ Year Old Account
    forced out of their identity?
    This kinda makes me cackle as the classes lost their identity due to transmorg
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

Quote Originally Posted by Vestig3 View Post
    This kinda makes me cackle as the classes lost their identity due to transmorg
    Classes? No. Players? Yes.
    I level warriors, I have 48 max level warriors.

15+ Year Old Account
    Opinions are opinions i realy believe classes lost their identity by allowing everyone to transmog into whatever they like, but tbh it wasnt important enough to be asked there are other thing way more important to answered by the devs then this.
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

But its not my choice...
    What I said was that people should stop harping on about transmog, when that is working as intended.
    When you chose a weapon it had a limited number of weapon types it could be transmogged to.
    That has not changed.
    What is far more important than the aesthetic choice is gameplay, and that is where the argument needs to be made if anyone is going to convince blizzard.
    Not that it is likely now, because of all the noise yelling about the wrong thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Vestig3 View Post
    Opinions are opinions i realy believe classes lost their identity by allowing everyone to transmog into whatever they like, but tbh it wasnt important enough to be asked there are other thing way more important to answered by the devs then this.
    That is my opinion too, in that they are more clearly defined now,
    Gaining more identity on a per-spec basis even.

They haven't answered the outrage of players who don't want to be forced into a specific weapon type. There are a huge amount of threads on the forums all with 100+ upvotes that go ignored by blizzard.
    Wow, 100+ upvotes. Thats like.. All of the WoW playerbase!

Imo, most of the transmog restrictions should be lifted. If I want to mog some cloth pieces onto my plate set, then I want to be able to do it, if I want a different weapon type then I also want to be able to do that. Inbe4 retarded sets everywhere, you can already tmog into pretty stupid looking sets but how many people actually do that?

Deleted
    Has there beeen any word in the past months about all those cosmetic Vanilla items that were cloth so that everyone could equip them?

I'll be very disappointed if I can't transmog my First Mate Hat.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Argyn View Post
    I'll be very disappointed if I can't transmog my First Mate Hat.
    Well, let me answer to you in blizzard style: "There's captain hat with better textures obtainable from shipyard achievements which you can use instead".

As they simply can't understand players on these kind of problems. See: new player models. They replace face with different face and claim it's the same.

Sadly i know that majority of the players think same way. I wish i could be half-blind too. Like my father who sees 2 remote controls on the table when there's actually one remote control and old cellphone.
    Last edited by mmoc64ace7a841; 2016-06-11 at 06:56 PM.

Demon Hunters - Warglaives only. Sure they can wield some other weapons like daggers, fist weapons, axes and swords but come on... Everybody knows warglaives will be their shit only.

Maybe other classes got restrictions because they want focused content? I would like to dual wield as well as optionally polearm and staff as a hunter though.