Page 93 of 128 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Now up to 27% on RT.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    this movie gets an 8.7/10 on metacritic. Good to see the liberal pieces of shit that are usually movie critics are all wrong, yet again.

Durotan dying got to me. That was pretty touching. The movie was very good and the IMAX 3D was absolutely perfect, added so much depth. The small fan service bits were hilarious. I hope sequels are abound because you can already sign me up. I wish we could have gotten to see the extra 40 minutes. I'm sure that would have helped people follow along and become more attached to the characters.

I don't know if I'm the only one but I REALLY thought Khadgar was great in the movie. I wasn't sure at first, but he definitely out shined Lothar a bit for me.

Quote Originally Posted by greysaber View Post
    this movie gets an 8.7/10 on metacritic. Good to see the liberal pieces of shit that are usually movie critics are all wrong, yet again.
    That's a pretty harsh broad stroke for people who are simply doing their job. I don't agree with critics a lot of the time myself but I'm not going to call them liberal pieces of shit for disagreeing with my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by jace5869 View Post
    Durotan dying got to me. That was pretty touching. The movie was very good and the IMAX 3D was absolutely perfect, added so much depth. The small fan service bits were hilarious. I hope sequels are abound because you can already sign me up. I wish we could have gotten to see the extra 40 minutes. I'm sure that would have helped people follow along and become more attached to the characters.

I don't know if I'm the only one but I REALLY thought Khadgar was great in the movie. I wasn't sure at first, but he definitely out shined Lothar a bit for me.
    I really liked the dynamic between Lothar and Khadgar. Had the whole big brother/little brother thing going.

I'm reading up on the Second War now just to kinda imagine what a 2nd movie would entail and it would be pretty epic if done properly. You have the creation of Death Knights(not the Scourge ones but Guldan's Orcish ones)as well as Paladins. That and Dwarves, High Elves, Gnomes and I believe Goblins get involved in the fray as well.

I kinda regret not watching it in 3D but 3D glasses are always awkward for me being that I already wear normal glasses.

Quote Originally Posted by jace5869 View Post

Agreed! Based on the previews, I thought Khadgar was going to be a cringefest; instead, he ended up being the highlight of the movie for me.

The major problem with Warcraft is it's missing things like this. Things that build/introduce characters in a delightful way. This movie couldn't sit still in one place for two minutes. That's its biggest fault.

Last edited by merex760; 2016-06-11 at 01:17 AM.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    That's a pretty harsh broad stroke for people who are simply doing their job. I don't agree with critics a lot of the time myself but I'm not going to call them liberal pieces of shit for disagreeing with my opinion.
    i called them that because the vast majority of them are exactly that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by merex760 View Post
    The major problem with this movie is it's missing things like this. Things that build/introduce characters in a delightful way. This film couldn't sit still in one place for two minutes. That's its biggest fault.
    so basically, it's exactly like current mechanics for raid boss fights. i swear every single raid boss these days has ADHD and is a coke/crack/meth head.

Quote Originally Posted by merex760 View Post
    The major problem with this movie is it's missing things like this. Things that build/introduce characters in a delightful way. This film couldn't sit still in one place for two minutes. That's its biggest fault.
    What I think would have done it a LOT of good was to put more time in before we started hearing about the orcs attacking. The movie could start the same way, with the orcs crossing through the portal - but after that, they really should have developed the peaceful human setting more, and spent some time showing the way the world is/had been before the orcs showed up. Then we'd have a better connection to what they were fighting for, and it would be an unsettling feeling, knowing in the back of your mind that the orcs had landed somewhere, even as you're being shown happy human settlements.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigthumbb View Post
    What I think would have done it a LOT of good was to put more time in before we started hearing about the orcs attacking. The movie could start the same way, with the orcs crossing through the portal - but after that, they really should have developed the peaceful human setting more, and spent some time showing the way the world is/had been before the orcs showed up. Then we'd have a better connection to what they were fighting for, and it would be an unsettling feeling, knowing in the back of your mind that the orcs had landed somewhere, even as you're being shown happy human settlements.
    Maybe that's in the cutout 40 Minutes. There is a known Troll Raid on stormwind that's missing in the final film as well, so there's most likely a lot of history stuff that'll wait for us in the directors cut.

Just got back, my theater was... so empty! Lol. I counted 13 people, and I really shouldn't count 4 of them because they were children and their parents probably made them go :P There was an early showing yesterday so many most went then? Also we got the first showing of the night because we had to get home to our puppy...

We liked the movie a lot. I do agree with some of the criticism of kind of just... not connecting with the characters. Lothar was the best. I wasn't quiet happy with the casting of Medivh, but the acting was good. I liked Khadgar a lot, both casting/acting. Okay with most of the CGI... except that baby orc. Pacing was a bit too fast. But overall, it was highly enjoyable. There were a few moments the audience laughed out loud. Oh, that magic effects were awesome.
    (26/f for reference, play wow but not warcraft for 8 years, read a few books)

Would recommend!
    Last edited by Alyajna; 2016-06-11 at 03:10 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by joebob42 View Post
    My biggest complaint was how fake the dragons looked. Also, the actress who played Alexstrasza didn't look right for the part compared to the game.

I'm a bit disappointed in how little screen time Archimonde and Illidan got too.
    Alexstrasza wasn't too bad, she just wasn't red enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    I gave it a "meh" earlier, but that was minutes after watching it. After a day, I'd say that it's better than "meh". It's still not amazing and the bad parts are extremely noticeable, but it's solid, I'll give it that.

I still think Gul'dans voice is the dumbest thing in the entire movie, but maybe I'm just too used to his voice in WoW. Well, either that or the horrendous "forced" love story.

Quote Originally Posted by FobManX View Post
    I think 90% of the people that are shitting on it are just straight up haters, or they went in already pre determined to hate on the movie so it's a self fulfilling prophecy.
    Ah yes, the typical fanboy excuse to try and justify their opinion by demeaning other people's. That is, unless you have some sort of basis for those accusations? You know, not everyone has ulterior motives for simply not liking a film, right? But whatever helps you sleep at night, I guess.
    Last edited by Lime; 2016-06-11 at 03:57 AM.

This video pretty much sums up the movie.

That said I stated before my friend said she liked the movie but there were some cringe worthy scenes mostly due to bad green screen and abuse of special effects with no subtlety . It just needed ... Less Zazz more character development.

Just got back from seeing it, i liked it a lot. To see one of my favorite franchises on the big screen was cool, seeing all the different zones and such. I feel like if you were a casual viewer it would be information overload. Like going into class on the first day of school and getting a quiz. Way better than any video game movie besides the first mortal kombat.

Just finished watching it, I loved it. I do have a complain however, I think there were way too many magic scenes with spells and fantasy. For fans of the game is easy to understand, but for others is just way too much. For example in LoTR which is the one we can compare it to Gandalf was one of the main characters in every single part, even in The Hobbit and yet we saw very little magic and spells. The telling of the story could have been better as well, loved the fighting scenes and the ending was awesome with a Thrall growl.

10+ Year Old Account
    After seeing this movie, I really hope they have a sequel to it. I enjoyed it so much well done. Also for a PG rating, they're a lot of brutal deaths lol

The Movie was Great. Don't take advice from all the naysayers and go see it for yourself.

Anyone who says it was "terrible" is seriously just looking for something to bitch about.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dubruts View Post
    Just finished watching it, I loved it. I do have a complain however, I think there were way too many magic scenes with spells and fantasy. For fans of the game is easy to understand, but for others is just way too much. For example in LoTR which is the one we can compare it to Gandalf was one of the main characters in every single part, even in The Hobbit and yet we saw very little magic and spells. The telling of the story could have been better as well, loved the fighting scenes and the ending was awesome with a Thrall growl.
    I Disagree. My 64 year old Grandmother went with me and my Dad. Neither play the game both loved it and understood what was going on.

My Grandmother actually got mad that the King died lol
    Last edited by lazzy; 2016-06-11 at 04:44 AM.

Visually it was great. The best part of the film were all the scenic shots. It was great to see all those areas that we see in the game come to life.

However the writing, acting, storytelling and pace were awful to say the least, specifically for the humans. Lothar had 0 emotion. Just look at the scene where his son dies.

They guy who plays Lane looks more like the Burger King of the Whoppers then a real King. It was like a B-rated actors placed inside a film with stunning visual effects.

Quote Originally Posted by FobManX View Post
    Yep this is pretty much how I view it as well.

I think 90% of the people that are shitting on it are just straight up haters, or they went in already pre determined to hate on the movie so it's a self fulfilling prophecy.

I'm not saying its gonna win Oscars or something, but its a fun and overall really well made film. Perfect? Of course not, but what is?
    I agree it was a solid 8/10 for me.

There was one group of 2 people walking out of the theater mumbling it was just a "vikings movie". They were obviously WoW fans because they had Warcraft clothing on. I think people are going in looking for a excuse to hate it.