Poll: has paypal screwed you over banned you, refused refund ect..

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Why did you spend $181 on an iphone case is what I want to know?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skannerz22 View Post
    similar situation here with anthony
    regardless of why he spend 50k if he disliked their videos as a reason for "product has a fault" since the product he spent 50k on was twitch streamer videos
    it is illegal for paypal to refuse refunds to australian citizens
    No, absolutely not. Paypal isn't refusing refunds in general, they're refusing this guy's refunds, because they're fraudulent in nature. He made the original payments in bad faith, intending to fraudulently refund them. He absolutely deserves to have his payments maintained.

There is no "fault" in the content, and donations aren't a payment type over which such a fault could be claimed to exist. Particularly not when it's known that he was intending to cancel these donations after letting them rack up spending. That's deliberate, willful fraud.

7+ Year Old Account
    Holy cow the options in the poll. Well I guess I'm brainwashed sheep who has not experienced real life yet. Because paypal has not disappointed me once.

People who do that shit are horrible. Fucking with people's hearts and minds like that is pretty atrocious.

Where the "Asshole deserved it for falsely promising funds with no intention of delivering"?

People get all up in Blizzard's face whenever they make a slightly promise-sounding comment, why are we supposed to be on this kid's side?

Would you be particularly thrilled if you were offered a $5000 bonus and your boss later said "what nah lol I was just saying that to make you more productive"?

10+ Year Old Account
    I changed your poll options OP, I highly suggest you make them more appropriate next time.

Good for paypal. Twitch tip trolls are absolute assholes. Not only does the streamer lose that money, but they also have to pay fees on top of that when a lot of chargebacks occur. Most streamers now have a line on their page that says "By donating, you authorize that this money is yours and that you give it willingly. All tips are non-refundable" Directly next to the tip button. This was done to combat the chargebacks and that advice came directly from paypal. They told streamers that if they declare no refunds, paypal will not take the money back in most cases.

The people that received the money should throw a party in the guys honour, I don't know how thinly the money was spread but I think a having a big twitch party would be a great way to celebrate his generosity.

10,000$ would have been enough to cause a dance. 50,000$ is just living on the edge.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah View Post
    Where the "Asshole deserved it for falsely promising funds with no intention of delivering"?

People get all up in Blizzard's face whenever they make a slightly promise-sounding comment, why are we supposed to be on this kid's side?

Would you be particularly thrilled if you were offered a $5000 bonus and your boss later said "what nah lol I was just saying that to make you more productive"?
    It's even worse than that. Imagine your boss claimed, a month later, that the check had been stolen, and had the money refunded, after you'd spent it.

That's what this kid was planning to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    I knew Tim Cook was going to queer up Apple products.
    i know the batteries are horrible
    though with my iphone 6s+ i haven't needed a battery case yet since i don't use my phone for games with a broken computer anymore (since i upgraded my pc it rarely breaks if it does then i usually fix it in a few days)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NotVanish View Post
    10,000$ would have been enough to cause a dance. 50,000$ is just living on the edge.
    starting command table missions at 1% and succeeding is living on the edge...
    50k would be equal to sky diving inside them balloon spheres without a paracute though

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    It's even worse than that. Imagine your boss claimed, a month later, that the check had been stolen, and had the money refunded, after you'd spent it.

That's what this kid was planning to do.
    but that's the thing
    if a bank is unable to get the money back from either side of the dispute they could make a claim towards the government to get reimbursed that's what all these bail outs to the banks are for
    and the government gets that back via the usual taxes
    -Proffesional Necromancer-

10+ Year Old Account
    but that's the thing
    if a bank is unable to get the money back from either side of the dispute they could make a claim towards the government to get reimbursed that's what all these bail outs to the banks are for
    Uhh, no. They have no reason to get the money back from the streamers. Chargebacks are only valid under certain conditions, usually involving failure to deliver or fraud. Just saying "I changed my mind and don't want it" isn't enough; that may qualify if the vendor has a return policy, but not for a chargeback.

The proper response is for the banks to say "no, this was a legitimate payment. Your parents now owe $50k on their credit card. Alternatively, they can charge their own son with theft, and we'll deal with it that way."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    I changed your poll options OP, I highly suggest you make them more appropriate next time.
    but if i did that then your job of fixing poll names would be obsolete and you would get fired for having nothing to moderate gently towards

poll errors are the bread and butter to your job security!
    i am sorry my personality doesn't match yours when it comes to poll answers
    Last edited by skannerz22; 2016-06-11 at 01:42 AM.

Deleted
    being a troll online 24/7 you should have your internet taken away

In other words, someone trying to screw people over accidentily screwed themselves over and wants to blame it on someone else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Uhh, no. They have no reason to get the money back from the streamers. Chargebacks are only valid under certain conditions, usually involving failure to deliver or fraud. Just saying "I changed my mind and don't want it" isn't enough; that may qualify if the vendor has a return policy, but not for a chargeback.

The proper response is for the banks to say "no, this was a legitimate payment. Your parents now owe $50k on their credit card. Alternatively, they can charge their own son with theft, and we'll deal with it that way."
    "i changed my mind" usually has been enough for me when i made a mistake purchasing something
    paypal is the only company i had issues with
    and when i had an issue.. it was not changing my mind. the products usually were faulty, not delivered, wrong product

i can't use ebay/paypal anymore at all unless i get a legal name change and change my ip
    i found other companies that sell the same or similar stuff that is on ebay and they usually are of a better quality too
    "geek" "wish" (same company) app on iphone store is what i been using for a year or so and aliexpress website basically a chinese version of ebay you can get stuff ebay wouldn't have

i used to use amazon when i got kicked off ebay/paypal but amazon is so restricted for delivery to australia usually only canada amazon worked and it wasn't all items

but if i did that then your job of fixing poll names would be obsolete and you would get fired for having nothing to moderate gently towards

poll errors are the bread and butter to your job security!
    Ahahaha, I wish I knew what you look like, the bitterness sounds like it flows through you edgelord.

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Endus; 2016-06-11 at 01:48 AM.

but that's the thing
    and the government gets that back via the usual taxes
    People froth at the mouth at the very idea that their tax dollars are going toward supporting people who sincerely need the money to survive, and you're saying taxpayers should have to pay for some asshole's attempts to place people who are trying to make a living in debt?

Come on, man. There's not liking Paypal for screwing you over, and there's being completely childish about it. WE'RE the "brainwashed sheep"? This kid's the one who got a dose of reality, we aren't the ones who have never been exposed to it.

Reality is, you donate money, you assume that money is gone. You don't get refunds for charity, and you definitely don't deserve pity for your sob story about losing $50,000 you fraudulently promised to people just to troll them.

There are only two things I feel even slightly sympathetic about; one, his actual name was used in media so his life is irrevocably changed because of some stupid teenage decision he made, and two, his parent's money was allegedly used, and while they may be at fault for raising him poorly, there are plenty of situations where parents do their best and the kid winds up anti-social because of other factors.

10+ Year Old Account
    "i changed my mind" usually has been enough for me when i made a mistake purchasing something
    If that's your justification for a chargeback, you're commitiing fraud. Chargeback fraud, specifically. It's not just another way to cancel your order. What you're doing with a chargeback is saying that the charge wasn't authorized, or you were the victim of some kind of fraud.

Quote Originally Posted by Saafe View Post
    I'm curious...How would you even explain that to your parents lol
    "Dear mum and dad,

I am very sorry that I stole your credit card and made $50,000 worth of donations to folks on the Internet who rely on such donations to survive.

I promise you, I had no intention of letting them keep the money after a month, I was going to get it refunded. It's Paypal's fault for not letting me commit willing fraud and screwing with people's lives. Seriously, when I made those pledges it was only meant to be a funny joke to me personally, not an actual act of generosity."