Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alydael View Post
    You should thank god you didn't kill on eof them. In this twisted society they would have put you in jail and considered you liable financially for murdering one of our great future scholars in cold blood.
    Killing should be the last resort and should only be justified when the your life is under sever danger. In the case of the OP this wasn't the case, yeah she got robbed and that's bad and yeah they should be punished for their actions but downright killing for it, NO.

OT: Yeah , it was 8:00 pm and we were on Cochabamba halfway to Santa Cruz when a group of robbers stopped the car and demanded all of the jewerly then they left and run to the hills where we lost sight of them.

Had a car stereo stolen years ago.
    Insurance excess cost us more than the stereo was worth.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thenconfuciussaid View Post
    Today 3 black guys in their twenties, and a black girl in her twenties were in the process of robbing my house when I got home from lunch.

Once it hit my mind, i grabbed a garden stone near my drive way, knocked one of them down as they tried to run to my backyard, but I stepped back as one of them took a knife out.

I ran to get the license plate from the getaway driver, but it had none, just those new license plate. They ended up stealing some petty jewelry and my medical marijuana (which was worth more than the jewelry)

One of the officers who helped me out told me it was a some african-american crip/blood gang in Pasadena and there was a raid on my street the day before.

Now the authorities want me under surveillance since I basically tried to kill one of them. It's time to buy some guns

What were your experience if you had been robbed and were you able to get personal vengeance?
    Hey, im in Los Angeles and only about 15 minutes away from Pasadena. There's been a rise in home robberies lately and our neighborhood communicates through a social platform named Next Door. You should join dude. Post what happened and see if anyone saw anything. Or if anyone sees people with the description you mentioned.

https://nextdoor.com/

Quote Originally Posted by xcureanddisease View Post
    Hey, im in Los Angeles and only about 15 minutes away from Pasadena. There's been a rise in home robberies lately and our neighborhood communicates through a social platform named Next Door. You should join dude. Post what happened and see if anyone saw anything. Or if anyone sees people with the description you mentioned.

We use nextdoor for our neighborhood in San Antonio. Basically Facebook for your neighborhood.

Quote Originally Posted by Bollocks View Post
    Killing should be the last resort and should only be justified when the your life is under sever danger. In the case of the OP this wasn't the case, yeah she got robbed and that's bad and yeah they should be punished for their actions but downright killing for it, NO.

OT: Yeah , it was 8:00 pm and we were on Cochabamba halfway to Santa Cruz when a group of robbers stopped the car and demanded all of the jewerly then they left and run to the hills where we lost sight of them.
    I respectfully totally disagree.

If you decide to illegally enter someone's house with the intent to commit a crime- I feel that you do so understanding, full well, that the owner just might have a gun and decide to kill you. Oh, you don't want to get shot? Don't be a criminal- go out and get a legal job like the rest of us. Defending a criminal only makes you a criminal by association. Stop blaming the victim (homeowner or renter).

If someone is in your house illegally, I am totally fine with you shooting them and I do not believe it should be a crime to do so. The criminal is the wrong doer here, not the man or woman defending their house and family from some degenerate criminal.

Just curious, who determines if your life is "under severe danger?" You? The homewoner? The criminal? Some judge or lawyer that isn't there when the crime happens?

To me, if there is some one in your house illegally then you are "under severe danger." You do not know this persons intent, nor do you know if they have a gun, knife, etc. All you know is that they are a criminal (they are in your house illegally afterall) and they are capable of anything. Best defend yourself and your family.
    Last edited by Alydael; 2016-06-11 at 02:10 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Isn't robbery when someone force you to give your stuff? I ask because I simply don't know the correct english terms.

But yeah, Brazil is pretty unsafe. My house got invaded three times. Lost two bikes, a car, money, two TVs and two notebooks total (Plus the automatic gate system when they rammed it with the stolen car).

But while the stuff I lost where expensive nothing is worse than getting mugged by crackheads. Common criminals will threaten you and run away with your shit. Crackheads will go insane, sometimes they can even shoot somebody just because. I got stabbed out of fucking nowhere just because a guy wanted my shitty Moto E cellphone. A bulimic Terry Crews clone shot me in the guts after taking my wallet. Ironic the stabbing was way worse and almost cost me my career.

Violence is the prime reason why I will be trying to emigrate soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Bushtuckrman View Post
    Yeah couple abos tried to at 3am, my dog was trying to headbutt the back door down to get at them. I chased them with an axe but those fuckers run fast. Stole my wallet, keys and PS3 controller. 2 days later they came back to try and take my car but you need a pin code to turn it on so that was lucky.

[Infracted]
    Is it the word " abo" that triggered you Endus? What does it even mean?

15+ Year Old Account
    Never been robbed, no. Had a phone stolen at a festival once, but i had left it laying around the camp so that doesn't count.

10+ Year Old Account
    Before I moved into my house I had to bring it up to code. One of the things I had to do was install outlets every 6 ft. I hired an electrician to do the job. They spent two days doing the work. The house already had old wire running through the attic but the new wired was mostly run under the house. About a week later I came back to the house to find that most of the new outlets didn't work. They had before when I turned the power on after they were finished. Crawled under the house to find all the wires run under there had been cut.

My guess is someone in the area saw the electrician's van and decided to get some free copper. Luckily they were lazy and left some so I could rewire the front room of the house. Unfortunately the other half of the new outlets still aren't wired.

15+ Year Old Account
    Car stereos have been stolen (and a window + door lock broken).
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Morgaith View Post
    It's short for Aboriginal. Apparently we have to type long hand for races that aren't white so as not to offend the easily offended Caucasians.
    I may not agree with what you say but I will fight to the death to defend your right to say it.

Luckily never.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgaith View Post
    I think the aborigines take offense to that shorter term.

According to a list there are 25 offensive names Aborigines take offense to.

http://www.rsdb.org/race/australian_aboriginals

Had a girl knock on my door saying her boyfriend was drunk and throwing things and could she come into my apt until the police got there. Said sure and let her in. She asked me for a damp wash cloth so she could wash her face off. When I was in the bathroom getting it heard the door close. Came out and she was gone, about 15 minutes later realized my wallet and some other stuff was gone too. Called police, one came over and asked me to look at some photos, picked her out easy as apparently she was well known to the cops as she was a druggie (didn't look like it but what do I know I guess) and had been pulling the same scam for years. Bitch got about 300 bucks worth of stuff from me, yet the bigger hassle and what really pissed me off was replacing all my credit cards and id's

A kid I thought was my friend emptied my piggy bank when I was in the bathroom. I was around 8 at the time. He then ran away on his bike. His lifestyle caught up with him in the end though. He got shot and killed in high-school trying to ripoff some drug dealers.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    One night when everyone was sleeping someone took the GPS from the car in our driveway. Behind gates.

- - - Updated - - -

Btw why would you be under surveillance lol.

And you can't just carry a gun with you all the time on the chance you might come home and someone is robbing you.
    Depends on the State. I think California however the laws are fairly strict on conceal carry. Same as New York. So considering that, you are correct.

I think he can however, have one inside his home for self defense. In his case, the best thing for him was to not confront them, but call the police.

A couple times.

Once, I was house sitting for a friend who had went out of town, they asked me to because last time they had left town it had been broken into and had some people trying to get in a few times while I was house sitting so ended up getting a shotgun. One time I had scared them away so fast that they dropped the crowbar they were trying to pry the door open with when they ran. Ended up calling the police to deal with it since I had proof with the damaged door and the crowbar which no one else had touched so it still had prints. A car with 2 officers pulled up. Wingus and Dingus refused to get more than 5 feet away from their vehicle and just laughed and said "At least they didn't get in" and pulled right back off. Guessing they didn't want to bother with the extra paperwork. As far as we can tell, it was their landlord putting the people up to it because they were the only one to know but myself both times and they knew to the day when they had left to try.

Had another time where I was at a shop at a local fleamarket that both me and a friend had run. Had a guy get mad and steal something and strong arm his way out. I let him go because he had me by about 6 inches and about 100 pounds and I wasn't sure if he was armed or not given his attire. Not only that I saw no point in having to do all that given he was a repeat customer and we already had his information to give to the police making it an open and shut case. Turned out, even with his name, phone number, witnesses, and on camera. The police refused to even assign it to an officer and told us that unless he stole something worth over $1,000 it wasn't even worth their time to assign it to an officer even if I had his home address. Which is bullshit when I can't even have a tire blowout on the highway without an officer pulling behind me while I change the tire looking into my car hoping to find something to bust me for and laughing at me if I ask for help or have an officer break the law to pull me and then lie on the ticket to write me up for shit I didn't even do(I have literally had both of these happen before).

Then, while I was staying at a friends house, I had dropped a friend off at their house and came home at about 2AM on the weekend. Had 2 boys with guns and masks run up on me trying to hold me up and force me to open the door with a lookout and getaway driver as well that I saw. I sat outside with them trying to get me to open the door when I kept telling them I didn't have the key and playing dumb till they got scared and ran off as traffic kept driving by, the door wasn't even locked but I wasn't telling them that and the house had a 5 month old child sleeping so I would have ended up getting myself killed taking them with me if they actually had made it through the door. I recognized them and knew who they were though. Only people in my life I ever tried to kill, spent 6 months but got them right where I wanted them and they didn't even know I was there. But couldn't get myself to do it and just ended up walking away.

Another friend had 2 friends of ours get shot in his front yard, some boys were trying to break in and met them outside and they got shot fighting them off rather than risking them killing them when they got inside. The police spent about an hour outside looking at the crime scene followed by about 6 hours tearing apart my friends house because he had previous charges for pot in the past and they were hoping for pot to bust him for as well. They found the guys who did it though, evidently it was the same guys who had made the news a few months prior for robbing and killing someone else.

Yeah, I have lived in bad areas.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

hey thanks man, ill definitely check it out.

I talked to the neighbors on my street and the street behind my house. some of them mentioned seeing the black SUV the past week. Some mentioned seeing a few black guys and a girl walking around without cars the past week.

I told these tips to the cop, but right away, they said it was most likely some blood crip gang like the Denver Lane Blood.

- - - Updated - - -

YOU SAVED MY LIFE.

SOMEONE POSTED 2 HOURS AGO:

3 young black running on 1600 block Chapel ave..with some bags and a SUV black turn on Chapel south and pick up the 3 guys a female driver and they were scream go...go....go ,call the police and inform them and later I see police cars 1600 block Monterey St wonder

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I've been robbed at gun point before....twice and each time you pray they don't pull the trigger.

I had a bike stolen, but in fairness I left it laying out in the front yard because it was a crap Huffy, that I bought at a rummage sale, only for the upgraded gel seat and front LED headlight, which I'm sure weren't original, and were worth more than the lousy $10 I paid for that pile of junk.

To my total embarrassment, the police found, brought the bike back, and asked if I wanted to press charges. I told them to just hang on for a minute, took the light and replaced the seat with a crap seat I had in the garage, and told them that bringing it back to the idiot who stole it, would be punishment enough. Anyone dumb enough to steal a Huffy, deserves what they get.