Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Barcasaur View Post
    HEY HEY HEY! this looks like it came true with the information released today from interviews after reading all of it it seems like up to 7.4 is the "guaranteed" amount of patches we are looking at getting.

also "confirmations" of things like dungeons in post launch patches as well as other non-raid stuff!! and THREE raid teirs!?! LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

*will believe when we get it
    Not necessarily. You wanted patches on a pre-determined three month development cycle and Blizzard simply confirmed they have enough content planned for multiple raid tiers. Constricting the developers to a pre-determined cycle is a terrible idea though outlining the desire to have more frequent content patches with better pacing is certainly not a bad thing.

3 months between content patches? I think it can be longer than that...they said patches were too quick in MoP, so I doubt we'll see that schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Not necessarily. You wanted patches on a pre-determined three month development cycle and Blizzard simply confirmed they have enough content planned for multiple raid tiers. Constricting the developers to a pre-determined cycle is a terrible idea though outlining the desire to have more frequent content patches with better pacing is certainly not a bad thing.
    I did not intend for it to be this rigid 3 month cycle but by that I did mean that it would be nice to not go much longer then 3 months without a new patch (them saying they have different sized patches works well with that idea cause even if there is not a big raid patch or maybe even a "big" non raid patch that might have a dungeon and something else there also could be more bite sized things tossed in to keep the pacing feel good.)

So yeah my idea was a rough draft of an ideal situation in terms of better content pacing not trying to say they need to be constricted to having a major patch out every 3 months cause obviously stuff happens and its happened with this dev team time and time annnnnnnd TIMEEE again with bad content droughts.

6 months per raid tier is a nice pace.

I just hope they NEVER do things like WoD again.

I still feel like I paid more for less.

Look at what they did with MoP. We had three total raid patches (including release) and a midterm patch inbetween all three that introduced new content, quests, items and zones. I see a lot of people dogging MoP on this forum, and I don't really understand why. Pandaria was a feast of content for all levels of play, and I miss it quite a bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by blobbydan View Post
    We're all doomed. Let these retards shuffle the chairs on the titanic. They can die in a safe space if they want to... Whatever. What a miserable joke this life is. I can't wait until it's all finally over and I can return to the sweet oblivion of the void.

Quote Originally Posted by phalk View Post
    6 months per raid tier is a nice pace.

I just hope they NEVER do things like WoD again.

I for sure feel the same way it was paying more for less, sure the boost is in there but the bottom line was WoD was basically not even supported post launch aside from cleaning up the garrisons and adding one major patch.. that is really crappy not counting the 6.1 "patch" we have went 1 year, 9 months, 17 days from the release of WoD to the soon to be released Legion and we got one patch....

Quote Originally Posted by sethman75 View Post
    Like it alot.

New content is what keeps subs. Dont understand how blizz dont see that.

Wtf are they doing to leave such massive gaps with nothing
    They seem to be going the route of "Do as little as possible and hope the subs stay. Even if they don't, eh we didn't really spend much on it anyway."

I'm all for What the OP says. Back in the day that's what we got, with more front loaded into launch, and content added quite often. They also need to do away with the free loot and easy catch up mechanics, so people always will have something to do.

Quote Originally Posted by phalk View Post
    That's because you, and the rest of us, did. We got basically half of an expansion, yet were charged $10 more for it. It really feels like Legion is the other half of the expansion, they just divided it in two to capitalize on making money, then stretched WoD out to the point their subs are about as low as possible, before they're bringing out the second half of the expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    3 months between content patches? I think it can be longer than that...they said patches were too quick in MoP, so I doubt we'll see that schedule.
    We used to have 2 months between patches in Vanilla. There's really nothing wrong with 3 when the patches are as small as they've been. Really, using OP's method above, we'd see a raid every 6 months, and a dungeon / small zone every 6 months, which isn't asking too much because it's not really THAT much content.

The reason that Blizzard said their patches, mainly BRF, were too quick in WoD (which is what I assume you're talking about) is because there was so little of it. If they delayed BRF to a few more months, we'd still have had the year long content drought at the end though, so their point is really moot.
    Last edited by Thetruth1400; 2016-06-11 at 01:33 AM.

I just pray that we get some content once we have the best gear available. There is never anything to do when you got broken dps and kills everything with 1-2 attacks.

Also, 3 months? Thats not a full month of subscription, gotta keep it just above that you know.
    Last edited by aeuhe4yxzhds; 2016-06-11 at 01:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    They seem to be going the route of "Do as little as possible and hope the subs stay. Even if they don't, eh we didn't really spend much on it anyway."

I'm all for What the OP says. Back in the day that's what we got, with more front loaded into launch, and content added quite often. They also need to do away with the free loot and easy catch up mechanics, so people always will have something to do.
    I'd be fine with time-gated catch up mechanics, like the 5.3 weekly of the mojo that you trade for gear. That meant you could gear up after awhile, but you'd still need to do the rest of the content in the game to get into raiding. Timeless Isle was a bit too fast for catchup gear, and Tanaan is just ridiculous. I can sit in town on my 741 tank and spam heroic tank bags and gear up any alt of my choosing in nearly full 695. And the pieces not covered can be gotten from crafting.
    Quote Originally Posted by blobbydan View Post
    We're all doomed. Let these retards shuffle the chairs on the titanic. They can die in a safe space if they want to... Whatever. What a miserable joke this life is. I can't wait until it's all finally over and I can return to the sweet oblivion of the void.

Quote Originally Posted by Fincayra View Post
    I'd be fine with time-gated catch up mechanics, like the 5.3 weekly of the mojo that you trade for gear. That meant you could gear up after awhile, but you'd still need to do the rest of the content in the game to get into raiding. Timeless Isle was a bit too fast for catchup gear, and Tanaan is just ridiculous. I can sit in town on my 741 tank and spam heroic tank bags and gear up any alt of my choosing in nearly full 695. And the pieces not covered can be gotten from crafting.
    I'll agree with that. A small catch up mechanic is fine, but we don't need dozens like it seems like we've currently got.

Quote Originally Posted by Barcasaur View Post
    I did not intend for it to be this rigid 3 month cycle but by that I did mean that it would be nice to not go much longer then 3 months without a new patch (them saying they have different sized patches works well with that idea cause even if there is not a big raid patch or maybe even a "big" non raid patch that might have a dungeon and something else there also could be more bite sized things tossed in to keep the pacing feel good.)

So yeah my idea was a rough draft of an ideal situation in terms of better content pacing not trying to say they need to be constricted to having a major patch out every 3 months cause obviously stuff happens and its happened with this dev team time and time annnnnnnd TIMEEE again with bad content droughts.
    Better pacing is fine. I think we can all agree that it'd be universally better for the game. What I disagree with is setting checkpoints for the developers to meet. The latter would lead to broken/under/over tuned content which imo is far more detrimental to the game than a content drought.

I would be happy with 3 month patches with raid content every other patch. I'd be fine with a longer last patch, but 6 months max. I'm not sure WoW can survive another 10-15 month final patch.

10+ Year Old Account
    um excuse me
    where is thal dranath in your pipe dream?

is your pipe dream for thal dranath to be scrapped like faralon was
    -Proffesional Necromancer-