10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thontor View Post
    At the end of the novelization, in a scene that takes place after the funeral scene, it is revealed that Garona Halforcen is the new Warchief of the horde.
    Which makes a certain level of sense considering she killed King Llane to earn that level of honor among the Horde, so I could see that.

Also, what novel are you talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Yeah, now that you mention it I think is very probable. The orc sounds like Durotan but didn't seem to sound exactly like him (at least that's the impression I got). Indeed, Durotan was never corrupted by anything and he simply can't be a narrator since he dies in this movie. Last but not least, Thrall fits perfectly because he was the very narrator of Rise of the Horde, similarly explaining the history of treachery and corruption plauging his people.
    "But there was once a time when we didn't even know who our enemy was." Again this also references the present time. The orc is clearly describing that they NOW know who the real enemy is (the Burning Legion), but back then they didn't know until it was too late. Again as you said yourself Durotan died so it just wouldn't make sense for him to say this.

I think this is Thrall; "There's been a war between orcs and humans, for as long can be remembered. But there was once a time when we didn't even know who our enemy was. Or what that evil magic, the fel, had done to us." He is describing the present.

And this is Durotan; "But in the beginning, how could we have known? What choice did we have? Our world was dying. And I had to find my clan a new home." He is describing the "plan" he had back then, before they left Draenor.

Quote Originally Posted by Axphism View Post
    Which makes a certain level of sense considering she killed King Llane to earn that level of honor among the Horde, so I could see that.

Also, what novel are you talking about?
    The official movie novelization, written by Christie Golden

https://www.amazon.com/Warcraft-Offi...dp/1783295597/

10+ Year Old Account
    The official movie novelization, written by Christie Golden

https://www.amazon.com/Warcraft-Offi...dp/1783295597/
    Oooo thank you very much. Getting that right now.

I didn't enjoy it. It had a few moments I liked but as a whole I give it a 4/10 only because I thought Travis Fimmel/Lothar was the only character/actor that was done well (IMO). To much cgi this motion capture nonsense. Its like watching an older aliens movie then going to new cgi crap. What was wrong with the old TMNT movies? no lets animate them. At least LoTR had cool orcs. But to each their own. If you havent seen it wait for redbox lol
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm at the theater now, going to see it at 10:30pm. Kinda empty in here.
    "Love all, trust a few,do wrong to none."

Quote Originally Posted by tru View Post
    I didn't enjoy it. It had a few moments I liked but as a whole I give it a 4/10 only because I thought Travis Fimmel/Lothar was the only character/actor that was done well (IMO). To much cgi this motion capture nonsense. Its like watching an older aliens movie then going to new cgi crap. What was wrong with the old TMNT movies? no lets animate them. At least LoTR had cool orcs. But to each their own. If you havent seen it wait for redbox lol
    You want the orcs in costumes? Then how could we be able to see them emote? We needed their expressions... which we can with motion capture

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jellykiss View Post
    I'm at the theater now, going to see it at 10:30pm. Kinda empty in here.
    Eh at 10:30? No surprise, people are sleeping lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    And how in the world did Medivh get to Draenor?!
    Considering that he was able to open a portal to Azeroth for the Orcs, I don't think himself travelling to Draenor would be that big of an issue.

Just finished watching the movie and it was shit so much lost potential the only redeeming quality was Khadgar, the story line was rushed with paper thin character development. The entire duration had no emotional connection or caring to what's going on and left the ending battle hollow and uninteresting the rotten tomatoes reviews turned out to be true. This really needed to be a trilogy following multiple story arches like LOTR and with the story of Arthas/Sylvanas...People connect way more with those characters and is the heart of WoW it could have been a powerful movie experience.

It's a damn shame to see something that could have been so incredibly amazing fall straight on it's face on so many levels it's but a shadow of what could have been.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkArchon View Post
    Just finished watching the movie and it was shit so much lost potential the only redeeming quality was Khadgar, the story line was rushed with paper thin character development. The entire duration had no emotional connection or caring to what's going on and left the ending battle hollow and uninteresting the rotten tomatoes reviews turned out to be true. This really needed to be a trilogy following multiple story arches like LOTR and with the story of Arthas/Sylvanas...People connect way more with those characters and is the heart of WoW it could have been a powerful movie experience.

It's a damn shame to see something that could have been so incredibly amazing fall straight on it's face on so many levels it's but a shadow of what could have been.
    This movie is supposed to be the start of an actual trilogy (if the movie gets enough money that is, which is very likely at this point), so saying that it needed to be a part of trilogy is kind of redundant. Especially when it is the first movie of said trilogy. It is like complaining about the Fellowship of the Ring needing to be a part of a trilogy back in 2001 when it was just released.

Also, starting off with an Arthas/Sylvanas storyline would not make any sense at all if you wanted to avoid the issues that this movie had. WarCraft 3 is one of the most lore heavy games in the entire series, yet you want to start off with that? That is extremely counter-productive if you would ever want to have a WarCraft cinematic universe.

Quote Originally Posted by SexyManipulator View Post
    One thing - deadline now says it needs 500m to BREAK EVEN. Like what the hell...?

Where do we get these numbers? These is almost double its production cost and then again.
    Read a bit of this it might help give you how they come up with those numbers. We don't know marketing but you can use production cost. It talks about ROI and what it roughly takes to break even.

https://storyality.wordpress.com/201...on-investment/

10+ Year Old Account
    obviosly if she's half Orc, and her father is human, that would make her mother an Orc

Medivh, in the movie said he traveled a lot, met someone he loved, etc. the implication being he went to Draenor somehow and impregnated an Orc female
    Not only does this make sense within the movie cannon, but the mindf*k to players that Medivh is now her FATER as opposed to her LOVER (looking at you, Med'an) for the hardcore lore nerds presents a definite level of amusement.
    Last edited by kerghan; 2016-06-11 at 02:47 AM. Reason: added spoiler tags
    Warning: this comment occasionally contains strong language (which may be unsuitable for children), unusual humor (which may be unsuitable for adults), and advanced mathematics (which may be unsuitable for liberal-arts majors).
    ┌─┐
    ┴─┴
    ಠ_ರೃ

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Death Knight View Post
    This movie is supposed to be the start of an actual trilogy (if the movie gets enough money that is, which is very likely at this point), so saying that it needed to be a part of trilogy is kind of redundant. Especially when it is the first movie of said trilogy. It is like complaining about the Fellowship of the Ring needing to be a part of a trilogy back in 2001 when it was just released.

Also, starting off with an Arthas/Sylvanas storyline would not make any sense at all if you wanted to avoid the issues that this movie had. WarCraft 3 is one of the most lore heavy games in the entire series, yet you want to start off with that? That is extremely counter-productive if you would ever want to have a WarCraft cinematic universe.
    Am sorry but your wrong there was many wrong calls made by the people that created this movie, there really needed to be multiple story arcs happening at the same time to properly build the characters and events to come not the classic X to X with battle and happy ending BS that was this movie no one gave a shit about that battle and rightfully so.

Over many years i've heard about how so many woman and men that have emotionally connected with Sylvanas and her story it's mind bobbling, a woman that lost everything and almost driven to suicide. Then Arthas slowly towards insanity as his people keep dieing around him and see them join the ranks of the undead desperation seeping in. Other story arches could have been following Illidan/Tyrande the man that made the ultimate sacrifice for the woman he loved. The 1st film should have been all about development and setting things up to cover the vast lore it demanded it. The end of the second film could have been the battle of Silvermoon making it seem like there is no hope and all is lost.

Things could have been so much more this movie was a massive disappointment and poorly executed. The heart and soul of WoW is the characters i named and they have the best/most tragic story lines that would have converted better onto the big screen.

Also a side note that Fellowship was a obvious opening of a trilogy done that right way not the Resident Evil style ending where it's basically saying if we make the money will do another but if it doesn't we kind of made it so it could end here. The ending to WoW was a complete joke and almost cringe worthy.
    Last edited by DarkArchon; 2016-06-11 at 02:57 AM.

Just got back...

I loved this movie, and so did my friends and family. My uncle who loved the game thought it would be terrible, he said it was good

My non wow fan claims anyone who doesn't understand it are just not paying attention.

And me, I consider it one of the best fantasy movies of all time, 10/10 as a fan. 8.5/10 as an objective review
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    Read a bit of this it might help give you how they come up with those numbers. We don't know marketing but you can use production cost. It talks about ROI and what it roughly takes to break even.

https://storyality.wordpress.com/201...on-investment/
    Still, when I read another article it said that the movie needed 450 million. Are they using different metrics to come to two different numbers or something? What number are we supposed to go by exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkArchon View Post
    Am sorry but your wrong there was many wrong calls made by the people that created this movie, there really needed to be multiple story arcs happening at the same time to properly build the characters and events to come not the classic X to X with battle and happy ending BS that was this movie no one gave a shit about that battle and rightfully so.

Over many years i've heard about how so many woman and men that have emotionally connected with Sylvanas and her story it's mind bobbling, a woman that lost everything and almost driven to suicide. Then Arthas slowly towards insanity as his people keep dieing around him and see them join the ranks of the undead desperation seeping in. Other story arches could have been following Illidan/Tyrande the man that made the ultimate sacrifice for the woman he loved. The 1st film should have been all about development and setting things up to cover the vast lore it demanded it. The end of the second film could have been the battle of Silvermoon making it seem like there is no hope and all is lost.

Things could have been so much more this movie was a massive disappointment and poorly executed. The heart and soul of WoW is the characters i named and they have the best/most tragic story lines that would have converted better onto the big screen.
    No. Gimme a break. They'll get to Sylvanas eventually. They're starting from the beginning, if you didn't play the original RTS or know nothing about that story, I'm sorry, it's your loss. Arthas comes later. Elves don't start showing up in battle until Warcraft 2. Deal with it.

This isn't Star Wars, you start at the beginning not the middle. Regardless if the middle of the story is more popular with fans. They're trying to bring in people that have no experience with the story as well so you need to start from the beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Death Knight View Post
    Still, when I read another article it said that the movie needed 450 million. Are they using different metrics to come to two different numbers or something? What number are we supposed to go by exactly?
    There is no prefect number and there are a shit ton of factors in play. However, you can bet with a 160M budget and at least 80M marketing and I'd go off that website given what the book is. This movie needs to make well past double to be a profit.
    Last edited by quras; 2016-06-11 at 03:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tangocash View Post
    No. Gimme a break. They'll get to Sylvanas eventually. They're starting from the beginning, if you didn't play the original RTS or know nothing about that story, I'm sorry, it's your loss. Arthas comes later. Elves don't start showing up in battle until Warcraft 2. Deal with it.
    I've been playing Blizzard games since Orcs and Humans i know all about the lore and it wasn't just me that lost we all lost. We were robbed of fantastic story telling and a movie that could have set the pinnacle for the next decade instead we have this.....LOTR never started from the beginning as a valid note as well. Durotan's story line was a mistake and it's not even the storyline the entire movie as a whole was poorly done on so many levels.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    There is no prefect number and there are a shot ton of factors in play. However, you can bet with a 160M budget and at least 80M marketing. This movie needs to make well past double to be a profit.
    I went and calculated how much the money would need to earn based on the 373% R.O.I if the movie had the same marketing budget as the movie. Not sure if I did it correctly, but what I got was 596,8 million USD. Those numbers seem a bit absurd if you ask me.