Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    the only thing I find annoying about tracer is her fake british accent.

other than that I pretty much let Winston fry her or Mei to freeze her face off
    Last edited by Karamaru; 2016-06-10 at 08:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TitanBread View Post

other than that I pretty much let winston fry her or use to freeze her face off
    Even though she's . . . actually British?

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm4925834/?ref_=tt_cl_t3
    Putin khuliyo

If I play Tracer well enough to drive you out of the game then I would take that as a compliment and try to see how many people I can drive out of the game.

Deleted

other than that I pretty much let winston fry her or use to freeze her face off
    You complain about THAT?

What about Torbjörn not sounding like a swede whats"#¤%ever?

I don't like Tracers. Even bad ones are tedious to kill very often. Good ones are ... well... good luck getting anything done when that little pest buzzes around you. You can't kill really good Tracers. Should they get damaged they recall or blink away get medpack and come back. What is Tracers counter? Winston? Sure, if the said Tracer is alone. She can always recall and blink away anyway.

I'm not sure how Tracer should be changed, but something should be changed, I think.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Even though she's . . . actually British?

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm4925834/?ref_=tt_cl_t3
    whoa she really is british then I stand corrected still cant stand the accent tough.

Junkrat main here.

Don't struggle with Tracer.

The way I personally deal with my hatred for certain characters is by playing every single one of em. I don't have a single character under atleast 1 hour of played time, and it does help in learning how to counter them or what exactly makes them annoying. That being said, Mei and McCree are the only 2 that I truly get annoyed by. You should try playing Tracer a bit and see how it goes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Killadrix View Post
    Junkrat main here.

Yeah, I feel he's suppose to be a Tracer counter. If Tracer is paper, Junkrat is scissors.

And Warlocks are mushrooms

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    The way I personally deal with my hatred for certain characters is by playing every single one of em. I don't have a single character under atleast 1 hour of played time, and it does help in learning how to counter them or what exactly makes them annoying. That being said, Mei and McCree are the only 2 that I truly get annoyed by. You should try playing Tracer a bit and see how it goes.
    Indeed. Best advice for anyone coming against a character they hate. Play that character and you'll learn quickly what their strengths and weaknesses are, and what characters best counter them.
    Putin khuliyo

A good tracer can be an annoyance, and I think her dmg might get a slight nerf in the future, but she isn't crazy OP as the OP makes it seem. As said, McCree is an effective counter, but I also find junkrat/hanzo to be very strong against her as well. Genji does a number to her as well, though I wouldn't necessarily call him a counter but more a fairly even match. Start playing as tracer more and you'll get a feel for how she's played by the majority. I even do a number to her on pharah as you can basically guess where she's going to blink next based on where she's facing and the timing between blinks when they're on CD and blow her up. Roadhog as well.

But Widowmaker exists.

I'll list some Heroes that are good against Tracer of an equal skill level.

McCree, Roadhog, Winston, Mei, Pharah, Reaper, Soldier.

7 Heroes dude.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing feels better than landing a Roadhog hook on Tracer and shooting her in the face

P.S. Yeah I think she's pretty annoying too

sig made by BeastyBeauty

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    And overwatch is not the only game to suffer from this mentality, that something is deemed OP because you aren't trying to counter it.
    Hearthstone is much the same, where a given deck gets played a lot and whined about yet nobody wants to put in the effort to counter it.
    I don't know that those are equivalent situations - in overwatch you can change hero anytime during the match, in hearthstone you're stuck playing out an entire game against one of the netdecks. You can't run all counters all the time.

OT a good tracer can certainly be annoying, but as others have said given a player who is skilled and knowledgeable the same can be said for most heroes in the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Tracer is a counter to some, like Pharah (managing to hit a good Tracer as Pharah is near impossible), and countered by others, like McCree. She's fine. Roadhog hooks her? Game over. Widowmaker manages to snipe her? Game over. Even if Pharah manages a hit, game over. Junkrat and his trap? Game over.

Play her for a while and you'll learn which characters easily counter her, and which don't.

This is a game of rock paper scissors. Mercy is paper. Tracer is scissors. There are rocks.
    phara is actually really dangeroues to tracer since she has very decent aoe and aoe is what kills tracer easiest.

Quote Originally Posted by Killadrix View Post
    Junkrat main here.

junkrat close up is ofc very dangerous for tracer, but get out of the narrow hallways, go mid range, dont step into his trap and junkrat has expended his possibilities to do anything against tracer.

other than that I pretty much let Winston fry her or Mei to freeze her face off
    how unfortunate tho that winston has to go in very close to hit her while tracer can go mid to long range and still get a couple of headshots on him since he is so goddamn large. his leap? I need to explain tracer?

Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    I'll list some Heroes that are good against Tracer of an equal skill level.

McCree, Roadhog, Winston, Mei, Pharah, Reaper, Soldier.

7 Heroes dude.
    McCree is dangerous yes of course, but staying out of his range you can with good chance outdps him, he drops you too hard you recall or retreat to a medpac, and the come back again.

roadhog dodge his hook (if you can of course), then outrange him gg.

mei. lol.

reaper. harder but his spread is bigger then yours, still not too easy.

soldier. dodge his rockets, they hit you, youre likely dead, he misses the advantage is on you, tho his heal doesnt make things too easy.

phara, as said above from the sky you wont always see her, her damage isnt dodgeable 1-2 hits your gone and shes out of your range. avoid.

personally, after 15 hours of tracer, and not saying Im great with her, but maybe good - very good.

hanzo is the one hero I have the most problems with, maybe i suck too much with dodging his arrows, but one hit, you're likely gone. and of course, scatter arrow. like he is do able but hanzos i approach with the most caution.

widow. one shot youre gone, but good widows do that to every hero, tho close combat mine and assault rifle dont make things too easy if she has seen you, if she hasnt, blink in, 1 clip if you started shooting at the right time, if not an additional melee attack, shes gone.

generally tho tracer has the advantage on plains or larger open spaces, in small hallways or other close combat situations, she becomes a ton harder to play, since sometimes it feels like everybody in this game has some kind of splash attack.
    Last edited by Lothar; 2016-06-11 at 02:36 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like a l2play issue to me. The heroes are well balanced as it is, including Tracer. I have no problems has s76 against her and junk rat is easy against her too.
    I may not agree with what you say but I will fight to the death to defend your right to say it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lothar View Post
    snip
    Yeh sorry but your strawmans and confirmation bias combo isn't going to change the fact those 7 heroes are good against tracer. They're abilities and dps output in comparison to tracers abilities, health and dps straight up counter tracer.

Herp well if they miss everything n you hit everything then you kill them! Well no shit, why even type that drizzle. If you outrange the Roadhog and do 20 damage to him every ammo clip and he's afk, you kill him! Well yeh..Fact is the Roadhog can 100-0 you in a split second, multiple times before you can even come close to killing him which means he's a counter.

All 7 of the Heroes I listed are avoid status by Tracer because they naturally counter her.
    Last edited by Radaney; 2016-06-11 at 02:51 AM.

I play as Rein, and honestly Tracer just feels like an annoying mosquito who bites my ass from time to time. Never felt like she was that dangerous. More afraid of other Reins, McCree (fuck McCree) and Bastion myself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lothar View Post
    phara is actually really dangeroues to tracer since she has very decent aoe and aoe is what kills tracer easiest.
    I disagree. Pharah's rockets are relatively slow, compared to bullets, and if a good Tracer sees Pharah, she can blink out of danger quickly.

But yeah, generally if Pharah scores a hit, Tracer is done.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    I don't know that those are equivalent situations - in overwatch you can change hero anytime during the match, in hearthstone you're stuck playing out an entire game against one of the netdecks. You can't run all counters all the time.

OT a good tracer can certainly be annoying, but as others have said given a player who is skilled and knowledgeable the same can be said for most heroes in the game.
    The complaints are often how at a given tier you see a lot of a specific deck, and the player is upset that their existing deck is not a universal counter to everything.
    That is the point, you can't expect a single deck to be good for everything.

Same in Overwatch.
    People are upset that they don't have a counter to something when they don't switch, or they refuse to consider alternative approaches.
    If they have to work to counter something, then it is the game's fault that they aren't handed a solution on a platter.
    Notice how there is a constant shift in which hero is "OP", because some players are actually doing what they should, figuring out how to deal with it, and so it falls out of favour.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2016-06-11 at 02:09 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.