10+ Year Old Account
    I do have a pretty decent TV here but I must admit that our 5.1 sound system isn't anything spectacular. I honestly have no clue, but I find those new sound bars pretty cool. If it was a question about TVs I'd probably be able to help, but about sound I really don't know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Ehh, don't know if I'm looking at a u2414h, u2515h or u3415w. Damn photos
    Last edited by Artorius; 2016-06-08 at 11:42 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If yours is anywhere close to this one from Panasonic, I'd say it's great. Apart from the weird low brightness output that could hurt HDR (yours is probably brighter since it's a bigger model), nothing to be concerned about. LCD doesn't really go that much better than it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Artorius View Post
    Ehh, don't know if I'm looking at a u2414, u2515h or u3415w. Damn photos
    It's U2414H.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by evn View Post
    @Remilia where do you live? Wasn't it like Waterloo or something? I can't recall who it was who had the cool (Swedish?) house with the view of rocks and grass but I'm still envious of that place. I like a simple landscape without a bunch of trees to block the view.
    That's not me. Live in Southern California.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well I lost my backgrounds with my hard drive :/. Also it is getting too hot here, I had to take some vents off my case to allow some more air flow.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

@Remilia - those speakers? Really? It hurts my heart. Then again, so would my monitor should you see it.
    How do you like your new place? I notice it doesn't look too furnitured yet, came from a smaller place or not of around to it yet?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    @Remilia - those speakers? Really? It hurts my heart. Then again, so would my monitor should you see it.
    How do you like your new place? I notice it doesn't look too furnitured yet, came from a smaller place or not of around to it yet?
    :P.

It's decent, and not a lot of furniture yet. Seems so barren... >.>

10+ Year Old Account
    Leaked RX480 bench

(source: not mine)
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just ordered an RX 480.

Nah, jk.

I still want to 1080 Skateboarding N64 intro all over this place.

Just waiting for more to release, etc. That ASUS Strix 1080 review TTL did though was a good one. So, I'm definitely in the market for an aftermarket 1080.

No ragrets for buying the 970, it allowed me to play FF XIV ARR better while I waited on the 1080.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Leaked RX480 bench

snip[/IMG]

(source: not mine)
    Lets make AMD great again!
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by evn View Post
    ^ yeah, that's it. EDIT, no box says tc-65cx850 which I guess is the north american model number for it?

I think the sound that comes out of the television is not great but also that anybody who buys a larger tv is probably using external speakers anyway. I'd also have preferred a display port or two but that seems like a feature that nobody offers.

Oh, it comes with two remote controls a "big one" and a "small one". The small one is mostly a touch pad and slightly curved. It seems fine for power/volume, and swapping inputs but I don't "like" it. The big one has a bunch of arrow keys and above that is a "netflix" button. I've given up trying to use it because I'm constantly pressing that button accidentally. I hate the layout and wish there was a way to disable all of the 'smart tv' features. I'd much rather just have it be a dumb display for a set-top box/nintendo/computer. I don't care much for the built-in operating system and though it has 'apps' they're all garbage as far as I'm concerned. If you have to bake an OS into a TV, I'd rather it just be Android from a tablet.

I was hoping to find one of the P-series Vizio models but they aren't sold here. I understand that value-for-dollar they're pretty awesome and are particularly good for video games etc. OLED would be best but I'm not ready to spend that kind of money for cat videos.
    Digging the new TV, I picked up a 55" Sony 4k HDR model a month ago and love. As for your sound question I'm in the same boat, I have a decent surround setup but I honestly want to do away with it and pick up a 4K AV receiver but I'm not sure what kind of speakers I want.
    Last edited by Iamanerd; 2016-06-10 at 12:38 AM.

I bought a corsair strafe rgb keyboard last weekend. This thing is seriously the coolest peripheral I've ever bought.

I've been using the Overwatch profiles - http://gaming.corsair.com/en-us/rgbshare/overwatch-344e

There's some pretty cool profiles people have made though.

My flatmate has that one. I personally dislike it. The white back light shining through to the sides from the plate and those terrible (to me) switches that feel so incredibly mushy.
    Happy that you are happy!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    I bought a corsair strafe rgb keyboard last weekend. This thing is seriously the coolest peripheral I've ever bought.

I've been using the Overwatch profiles - http://gaming.corsair.com/en-us/rgbshare/overwatch-344e

There's some pretty cool profiles people have made though.
    As someone who has owned much Corsair over the years and seen where the quality control has gone over the course of those years...

Return it while you can! D:
    "A flower.

I'll get right on that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    I'll get right on that.
    Not sure if sarcasm.

I'm not kidding. I've had so many issues with the Corsair M90 that I ultimately gave up on, the K70 I now have... like, their products were quality some time back. Not anymore, I'm finding. I am done risking it.

- - - Updated - - -

Need I say more? haha

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/2008790-GTX-1070-release-tommrow?p=40818465&viewfull=1#post40818465
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh right, forgot to link this, old news, sort of, whatever. Especially for those 21:9 people

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/news_arc...#panels_update
    http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/news_arc....display_144hz
    Perhaps the most interesting panel is planned for Q1 production 2017 at the moment. This is a new version of the LM340UW3 panel (revision tbc). This is a 34" curved ultra-wide IPS panel (1900R curvature) with a 3440 x 1440 resolution.
    The LTM340YP03 we knew about before, but not by part name. This is a 34" 1800R curved ultra-wide screen with 3440 x 1440 resolution. It's based on VA panel technology and will offer a 3 side frame less design and refresh rate support of 100Hz.
    A new 31.5" IPS panel (part number tbc) with "8K4K" resolution of 7680 x 4320. This has a 280 ppi and spec wise it offers a 14ms G2G response time, 1300:1 contrast ratio, 178/178 viewing angles and 400 cd/m2 brightness. It is not expected to go in to production until Q1 2017.

10+ Year Old Account
    This Samsung's new ultrawide already sounds like the new Ultrawide king.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, my graphics card might be dying, drivers keep failing when playing games, but it seems fine in Furmark. Maybe ill do a memory test to see if that is the probelm.

If not I might just end up having to get one of these fancy new gpus everyone else is getting.

Edit: Good news, reseating my Ram and gpu has seemed to help.
    Last edited by apepi; 2016-06-13 at 07:05 PM.