Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by zmuci View Post
    Automate what exactly? Can you explan Tnx
    I have not used it yet, but TSM had a "Destroying" and a "Vendoring" module.
    So it can I believe queue up destroying such as Disenchanting as well as vendoring based on the market values of the item in question.
    With good rules set up you can pretty much avoid the decision making.

Quote Originally Posted by Lillpapps View Post
    Do not do this. This is not how it is going to work.
    Correct.
    There is only a limited duration to how long blizzard will keep track of random loots, hence the limited duration that the item restoration tool can restore from.
    Quest rewards "relevant" to the character the quest was completed on will always be added to the wardrobe, since the quest completion is tracked always.
    Rewards which are not relevant it seems are not due to be added, and must be earned by doing the same quest on a relevant character.

For example you complete a quest which gives you a choice of 1 cloth, one leather, one mail and one plate item.
    No matter which you pick, the one matching your class proficiency is the one which gets added to your wardrobe.
    So the leather gets added if completed on your rogue, and you must repeat it on your warrior, dk or pally if you want the plate reward in your wardrobe.

Quote Originally Posted by Smank View Post
    Why even wait? Any item in your bank or bags gets added to the tmog thing anyways
    Crates stack up to 20.
    The equipment content does not.

Current items will only be added to the wardrobe retroactively after removal if they are quest rewards, and quest rewards relevant to the proficiency of the character that completed the quest.

At least now we have an answer as to what happens to existing crates, so thank you for that.

And on token prices, the price will go up due to new stuff bringing back new players.
    Look at how the servers always get hammered on expansion release days.

Though the reduced gold income from those reliant on the garrison farm "should" I expect see a drop in price eventually.
    Though I feel it may take some time.

If blizzard were outright dictating the prices, then why is the US price, a far bigger market than Europe at a lower price, and so attracting less cash purchases.
    When they should be doing just the opposite.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2016-04-15 at 08:33 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    You can actually sell all of your bank and void storage stuff now, all those appearances will be unlocked, and anything you have ever been able to use that you have sold regardless of rarity or removal from the game you will have as an appearance. I do not know why people do not know this yet, I bet its Blizzards fault though.
    That's just quest rewards and it might be buggy. Not going to risk it.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    And on token prices, the price will go up due to new stuff bringing back new players.
    Look at how the servers always get hammered on expansion release days.
    Actually, i expect the opposite, for the same reason. People coming back, needing gold, tokens go down.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Actually, i expect the opposite, for the same reason. People coming back, needing gold, tokens go down.
    You are 100% correct, many people for some reason do not understand supply and demand.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    That's just quest rewards and it might be buggy. Not going to risk it.
    I don't know why they don't do it my way, it just seems stupid, they know everything your character has ever had.
    Last edited by Unholyground; 2016-04-16 at 07:56 PM.

You are 100% correct, many people for some reason do not understand supply and demand.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know why they don't do it my way, it just seems stupid, they know everything your character has ever had.
    Im not sure thats true. If Im not mistaken, the reason you're getting every quest reward is because they don't track which reward you take, just that you completed the quest.

Quote Originally Posted by nazrakin View Post
    Im not sure thats true. If Im not mistaken, the reason you're getting every quest reward is because they don't track which reward you take, just that you completed the quest.
    They may have changed how much they keep track of it over the years, they used to keep track of all the items you obtained.

Y'know, my main objection to the salvage crate nerf is that the greens/blues of older gear isn't available. People say "it could be vendored or auctioned," which suddenly strikes me:

Have vendors around the Class Order Halls that sell "Replica" gear. Maybe a rotating stock of them (so you don't have to page through hundreds to get the ones you want, but random picks), make it cost order hall resources, that sort of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    If only I could upvote you, simply the best advice of month. Thank you, i didn't know about this trick.

UNless you are un a server that is connected to know one. MANY servers are not connected to others, only low pop servers got connected like that

Anyone know a addon can split itens per type (cloath. plate, mail) in yout bags?

Quote Originally Posted by Shynzo View Post
    Anyone know a addon can split itens per type (cloath. plate, mail) in yout bags?
    Arkinventory, Need to make custom rules for it i think but i would NEVER play wihtout that addon ever again.

Anyone by chance know of a simple addon to let me mass mail items by armor type and/or weapon type? Currently looking at 6 chars with full bags, bank, guild bank full of BoEs (ran out of space on Salvage Yard chars, have to open >> mail to storage chars) and I don't want to have to send hundreds of mails manually on prepatch :|. 6 storage chars are currently not very well organized with loosely "plate/mail" on one, "cloth/leather" on one, "weapons/offhands" on one and "spillover" on the rest. Just want to be able to say something like "Cloth >> cloth 100; Leather >> leather 100; Mail >> mail 100; Plate >> plate 100; Dagger >> whatever 100 can equip daggers;" etc.

7+ Year Old Account
    They may have changed how much they keep track of it over the years, they used to keep track of all the items you obtained.
    no. no they have not since BC as eveuntally it became WAYYYYY too much data to keep... look at refund a item, it only goes back like a month ,because any more and yeah it becomes insane, what you can do though is withen a month of the pre-patch sell a ton of items, get more, then after pre-patch sell your items and refund those old ones you sold so they get sent to you in the mail
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    Re: Salvage Crates:

Okay lots of speculation here but this is what the Blues said, along with the Tweeter link you can see for yourself:

https://twitter.com/WarcraftDevs/sta...31512083202048

All boxes awarded prior to the release of 7.0 will not change. Post 7.0, the crates will have a new item ID and have the adjusted contents.

You are safe to stockpile existing crates and open them post-7.0. They will still have the same contents as they have now, including all the BOE player greens, blues and epics, as long as you obtained them from a mission prior to the 7.0 release.

What's going to be in the new crates?

Everything that was in the old crates, minus player items. The only exception to that is the soulbound class set items that currently drop from crates will continue to drop from crates. (Notice they all have a super low vendor value though, so it's not like farming crates for them is really going to be worthwhile once you have the set in your appearance tab.)

Keeping track of what you obtained in years past:

They only keep track of your completed quests. In addition, there is a short amount (a couple months' worth) of logging associated with your recent loot/vendor/disenchant activities. This is what is used for the "Restore" system. You can go log into your Battle.net account and see how far back that goes - it isn't far. In addition, you are limited as to how many and how often you may request item restores. I do not recommend using this system as any kind of temporary storage to try and get stuff back after 7.0 releases.

To sum up:

1. You can safely stockpile current salvage yard boxes and crates and they will still have the greens, blues and epics in them if you open then post 7.0.
    2. Any new boxes and crates obtained post-7.0 will not contain player items, with the exception of the soulbound class set pieces.
    3. The appearance system will automatically unlock appearances for ALL QUEST REWARD ITEMS for EVERY quest you EVER completed on ANY of your characters, for the armor class they have, regardless of whether it's the reward you chose at the time or not.
    4. They have no way to know what epics you looted beyond a couple of months ago, if you have deleted/disenchanted/sold them. Deleted your t3 set years ago? Too bad, go shopping at the BMAH. Unless the epic was rewarded by an unrepeatable quest (such as the hunter and priest Classic weapon quests), you will not get it back. (There's currently some discussion going on about the AQ40 class armor epics in tier 2.5, because they were given by repeatable quest and the game doesn't keep permanent track of quest completes for repeatable quests. So if you didn't keep the items, they aren't going to be unlocked for you, unless Blizzard finds a way to figure out who did those quests many years ago, which is doubtful. Most of us will have to go collect the AQ40 set pieces again, in other words, unless we happened to bank them.)

Finally, a word of caution: Anything you want to show in your appearance tab must be soulbound. For many items in the game, such as items you looted while in a group, items aren't permanently soulbound for a couple of hours, or until something else is done to them (i.e. socket a gem, or put it in the void storage, for example). So if you win a soulbound item in a group setting and it's still tradable, then you trade/delete/disenchant/vendor it before the 2 hours expires, it will be removed from your appearance tab. I suspect this is going to bite many people at least once. (Yes, this means you're either going to have to give up mats to perma-soulbind certain items in a hurry, or pay 10g each to put the items in void storage, then pull them back out and delete/de/vendor them, or just carry them around for 2 hours.)
    Last edited by goblingirl; 2016-06-26 at 03:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    no. no they have not since BC as eveuntally it became WAYYYYY too much data to keep... look at refund a item, it only goes back like a month ,because any more and yeah it becomes insane, what you can do though is withen a month of the pre-patch sell a ton of items, get more, then after pre-patch sell your items and refund those old ones you sold so they get sent to you in the mail
    I am glad I kept my Blessed Unread Slaying set.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by goblingirl View Post
    Everything that was in the old crates, minus player items.
    I keep hearing "Player Items" ... what exactly is that? it's not the soulbound class sets. It's not greens/blues/purples (boe?)

I think it should also be noted, for people in it for the money, I believe Follower Upgrades will be reduced in vendor value. A reason to open before patch.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Quote Originally Posted by Smank View Post
    Why even wait? Any item in your bank or bags gets added to the tmog thing anyways
    Please correct me if I'm wrong but aren't only the items that are soulbound that are added to the wardrobe?

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    I keep hearing "Player Items" ... what exactly is that? it's not the soulbound class sets. It's not greens/blues/purples (boe?)

I think it should also be noted, for people in it for the money, I believe Follower Upgrades will be reduced in vendor value. A reason to open before patch.
    Reduced to smithereens, you mean. All follower upgrades will have their value reduced to 1 copper (from the 3-8g each vendors currently). A GOOD reason to open before patch.

Quote Originally Posted by otinar View Post
    Please correct me if I'm wrong but aren't only the items that are soulbound that are added to the wardrobe?
    Items that are bound yes, soulbound through being BoP, BoE and equipped or Bind to Account.
    That will apply to appropriate or eligible items as per the proficiencies of the character, items I have generally described as "relevant".

That will apply to relevant items you own prior to the patch, and to items you gain afterwards as long as they are bound.
    However there is currently an issue with items which have a "window".
    Until that window is closed, the item is not considered fully bound, and therefore you can lose the appearance.
    It appears that the full price vendor refund window needs to lapse or be removed before vendoring the item.
    Trading to another player while still eligible will certainly lose you the appearance, but not sure about if you vendor/disenchant the item before that.
    Best to be safe and keep hold of any item with such a refund or trade window until it elapses.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    For what its worth, i opened two stacks of the L3 crates last night on a copied char just to see what i got. The drop table for the crates does not seem to have changed at all. The relative drop rates of the greens and crafting mats and such seem to be identical to live. The only glaring nerf i saw was the one to the vendor cost of follower upgrades, which has already been mentioned in other posts. And lets be honest, that was a pretty small fraction of the gold output of the salvage crates to begin with.

Unless Blizzard slips in another nerf just before release, those crates are still going to be a pretty good source of profit in Legion.