Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    Not entirely true. The Titan Keepers are weaker than Old Gods one-on-one and the Titans are weaker than the Void Lords one-on-one. Yogg-Saron was able to manipulate and control five Titan Keepers (Loken, Thorim, Hodir, Freya, and Mimiron) at once even after he was locked away in Ulduar. Sargeras is afraid of the Void Lords' power, which is why he wants to purge the universe and start over. The difference in power goes a little like this:
    Void Lords > Sargeras > Titans > Old Gods > Titan Keepers > Titanforged
    Not entirely true.

The "Void Lords are stronger than Titans and they are just jealous of the Titans' ability to go around the physical universe" is purely fan speculation, or using the more negative term - headcanon. As people just stated a few post above, Chronicle only stated that the Void Lords are jealous of the Titans' power. Period. The "ability to go around" part is just headcanon - for all we know, in WoW so far, power means... power, strength, offensive ability, etc. There is no indication whatsoever that the Void Lords are stronger than the Titans, and no, Sargeras is NOT afraid of the Void Lords. When he first detected the Void Lords, all his reaction was being concerned and puzzled about them, but ultimately he went back to hunting demons. If the Void Lords are more powerful than the Titans, Sargeras would have been a lot more cautious about them. In fact, the Void Lords manifested in our universe and tried to control the Titans, but realized they couldn't do that, that's why they switched targets to infant world-soul. Additionally, Sargeras was never afraid of Void Lords' power. He was afraid of the Void-corrupted Titans (or Dark / Warped Titan, using Chronicle term) - who would act as agent for the Void Lords and consume everything, bring all motes of existence under the Void Lords' will - but not the Void Lords themselves. Power-wise, the Void Lords *seem* (hard to say, even with all stated in Chronicle, as we haven't gotten much lore about them) to be lower than the Titans - their gig was mainly their ability to corrupt everything but adult Titans instead of pure power.

Lastly, while I agree that the Keepers are weaker than the OGs in one on one, Yogg taking control of Keepers weren't thanks to how powerful (or less so) he was. Yogg *failed* in controlling Loken even when Loken was mentally weakened / disturbed due to the event with Pantheons' spirits. That's why he had to switch to indirectly manipulating the event by twisting Loken's love with Sif. By his own, Yogg would never been able to take control of Loken, much less all five. After Loken's betrayal, all other Keepers were controlled only after Loken defeated them.
    Last edited by Qualia; 2016-06-11 at 05:41 AM.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    He was talking about in rank, not in direct comparisons of power.
    Exactly. Notice I said "...compare to..."
    I did not try to say which was more powerful individually, because frankly we don't know enough. For one thing, there are more than one Void Lord and more than one Titan, and they're not all equal, possibly not all static in power (i.e., they may be waxing or waning in power as time goes by), and ultimately the writers at Blizz have left themselves flexibility to hammer out whatever details will help them present an entertaining story.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    Not entirely true.

The "Void Lords are stronger than Titans and they are just jealous of the Titans' ability to go around the physical universe" is purely fan speculation, or using the more negative term - headcanon. As people just stated a few post above, Chronicle only stated that the Void Lords are jealous of the Titans' power. Period. The "ability to go around" part is just headcanon - for all we know, in WoW so far, power means... power, strength, offensive ability, etc. There is no indication whatsoever that the Void Lords are stronger than the Titans, and no, Sargeras is NOT afraid of the Void Lords. When he first detected the Void Lords, all his reaction was being concerned and puzzled about them, but ultimately he went back to hunting demons. If the Void Lords are more powerful than the Titans, Sargeras would have been a lot more cautious about them. In fact, the Void Lords manifested in our universe and tried to control the Titans, but realized they couldn't do that, that's why they switched targets to infant world-soul. Additionally, Sargeras was never afraid of Void Lords' power. He was afraid of the Void-corrupted Titans (or Dark / Warped Titan, using Chronicle term) - who would act as agent for the Void Lords and consume everything, bring all motes of existence under the Void Lords' will - but not the Void Lords themselves. Power-wise, the Void Lords *seem* (hard to say, even with all stated in Chronicle, as we haven't gotten much lore about them) to be lower than the Titans - their gig was mainly their ability to corrupt everything but adult Titans instead of pure power.

Lastly, while I agree that the Keepers are weaker than the OGs in one on one, Yogg taking control of Keepers weren't thanks to how powerful (or less so) he was. Yogg *failed* in controlling Loken even when Loken was mentally weakened / disturbed due to the event with Pantheons' spirits. That's why he had to switch to indirectly manipulating the event by twisting Loken's love with Sif. By his own, Yogg would never been able to take control of Loken, much less all five. After Loken's betrayal, all other Keepers were controlled only after Loken defeated them.
    One thing that has born out repeatedly: The Titans and Keepers and even the Legion tend to present as straight-on powerful and excel in open combat. The Void Lords, Old Gods, and their various minions tend to take a more subtle approach. They can be powerful in battle, but excel in whispers and shadow and asymmetrical warfare. The Legion smashes you in the face; the Old Gods live in your head.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

I would like to add that: it would make little to no sense for Sargeras to go through all the trouble of going mad and end up corrupted, killing the whole Pantheon if he werent literaly DESPERATE and shitting his metallic pants to stop the Void Lords no matter what.
    That and I think that when some being or beings make one of the most, if not THE most powerful creature in the Universe(considering the Void Lords as beings from "outside" the universe) afraid to the point of desperation, it is a good indicative of said being's power.
    If the Void Lords were weaker than Sargeras or the Titans in general, he would just be like "meh, let the come and we will wipe them out for good", or simply not just go nuts destroying every world soul he come across. Remember, he went crazy, one does not go crazy over threats that are inferior to ones own power or abilities.
    If the Void Lords were weaker than the titans, it would make all of Sargeras actions look silly, more akin to a cataclysmic temper tantrum than anything else.

By the way, I know he is afraid of the void corrupted Titan and what it could do, but first and foremost, he is afraid because it will be controlled by the Void Lords. He wasnt afraid of them before because they had little interaction with the physical Universe. Its like being ina zoo.. when the tiger is inside the cage you feel safe and its power over you is of no concern.. but once he is free by whatever means happens to be the in the case, you shit your pants because the tiger's superiority becomes a factor.
    Last edited by Therikan; 2016-06-11 at 06:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Therikan View Post
    I would like to add that: it would make little to no sense for Sargeras to go through all the trouble of going mad and end up corrupted, killing the whole Pantheon if he werent literaly DESPERATE and shitting his metallic pants to stop the Void Lords no matter what.
    That and I think that when some being or beings make one of the most, if not THE most powerful creature in the Universe(considering the Void Lords as beings from "outside" the universe) afraid to the point of desperation, it is a good indicative of said being's power.
    If the Void Lords were weaker than Sargeras or the Titans in general, he would just be like "meh, let the come and we will wipe them out for good", or simply not just go nuts destroying every world soul he come across. Remember, he went crazy, one does not go crazy over threats that are inferior to ones own power or abilities.
    If the Void Lords were weaker than the titans, it would make all of Sargeras actions look silly, more akin to a cataclysmic temper tantrum than anything else.
    The thing is that Sargeras is NOT afraid of the Void Lords. He isn't trying to prevent the Void Lords from manifesting as some misunderstood it. They manifested before and Sargeras didn't care about it too much. He is afraid of a void-corrupted Titan - grow-up infant Titan corrupted by the power of the Void - who was said to be more powerful than everything else including the Pantheon. He is trying to stop the Void Lords' plan, not the Void Lords themselves. As DarklingThrust put it, at the moment, the Void Lords seem less the kind of "RAWR I'M POWERFUL, I CAN DESTROY EVERYTHING" like other characters (Sargeras, the Legion, Pantheon, us, etc.) and more of schemers / corruptors / manipulators. They are less powerful (offensively) doesn't mean they are less of a threat - at least we know the Naaru consider them a bigger threat than the Legion including Sargeras.

(Of course, all that are just based on what we know so far from Chronicle. Would need more information from the Void to tell exactly how powerful the Void Lords would be when we face one)
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

The "Void Lords are stronger than Titans and they are just jealous of the Titans' ability to go around the physical universe" is purely fan speculation, or using the more negative term - headcanon.
    "Envious of their [titans] power, the void lords sought to corrupt one of the world-shaping titans into an instrument of their will."
    -World of Warcraft Chronicle: Volume 1 page 21

You were saying???

The thing is that Sargeras is NOT afraid of the Void Lords. He isn't trying to prevent the Void Lords from manifesting as some misunderstood it. They manifested before and Sargeras didn't care about it too much. He is afraid of a void-corrupted Titan - grow-up infant Titan corrupted by the power of the Void - who was said to be more powerful than everything else including the Pantheon. He is trying to stop the Void Lords' plan, not the Void Lords themselves. As DarklingThrust put it, at the moment, the Void Lords seem less the kind of "RAWR I'M POWERFUL, I CAN DESTROY EVERYTHING" like other characters (Sargeras, the Legion, Pantheon, us, etc.) and more of schemers / corruptors / manipulators. They are less powerful (offensively) doesn't mean they are less of a threat - at least we know the Naaru consider them a bigger threat than the Legion including Sargeras.

(Of course, all that are just based on what we know so far from Chronicle. Would need more information from the Void to tell exactly how powerful the Void Lords would be when we face one)
    Make sense, however from what i understood the Void Lords cannot mainain themselves physicaly manifested in our universe for long, and are probably weaker while doing it(or trying to?), so thats why Sargeras never got scared of them until he found out about their intention of creating void corrupted titan as a mean for them to use it as their "hand" so to speak in our reality. Still, that is speculation based on Chronicle. The truth is that we dont know the full extent of the Void Lords powers at its maximum..
    Indeed they have no choice but to use their cunning and manipulation to achieve their goals in our reality, since they cannot fight directly. The most obvious answer would be to turn one(or more) of the most powerful beings inside our universe to serve as their pawns, while at the same time adding some insult to the titans on the mix. "Look we can't be there ourselves but we dont need to! We made one of your own more or less like one of us, or maybe worse."

Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    "Envious of their [titans] power, the void lords sought to corrupt one of the world-shaping titans into an instrument of their will."
    The Chronicle establishes that the Void Lords are envious of the titans' power, but it doesn't state that the Void Lords are jealous of the titans' ability to go around the physical universe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainforest View Post
    The Chronicle establishes that the Void Lords are envious of the titans' power, but it doesn't state that the Void Lords are jealous of the titans' ability to go around the physical universe.
    The Titans and the Titan-Forged had a relatively difficult time just dealing with the Old Gods, which were "created" by the Void Lords. I can't imagine the Titans were more powerful than the Void Lords.

It is quite obvious that they would be jealous of the one thing they could not do, since i doubt they would be jealous of all the ordering of the universe stuff the titans did while going around. Since they themselves could do something similar by spawning Old Gods. They were probably jealous because the Titans could experience reality in a way they never could, like being actually present in the physical plane. But thats my interpretation based on pure logic.

The Naaru said the forces of the Void were the main threat, not Sargeras or the Burning Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripzzz View Post
    The Naaru said the forces of the Void were the main threat, not Sargeras or the Burning Legion.
    The Naaru are untrustworthy.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Naaru are untrustworthy.
    >.> Why?
    /longermessagewut?

Quote Originally Posted by Axphism View Post
    The Titans and the Titan-Forged had a relatively difficult time just dealing with the Old Gods, which were "created" by the Void Lords. I can't imagine the Titans were more powerful than the Void Lords.
    The titans themselves are comparable to the old gods like a hedgehog is to a human. Old Gods are nothing compared to a Titan. The creations of the Titans are a different matter entirely.

There's really not much to go on when assessing the Void Lords' power levels. Their only direct action in our plane of the universe was to hurl Old Gods thoroughout it. They didn't even know if those Old Gods would hit a world, much less a slumbering world-soul. Putting together a fan fiction battle to the death between titans and void lords is not very productive at the moment, since all we know of the Void Lords is from a few mentions in a book. And all it really mentions is their desire to corrupt the physical plane. We do know the following for sure:

The titans are immune to the corruption that the void lords can put out.
    The void lords cannot manifest directly in the physical plane.
    The void lords can manifest Old Gods in our plane of existence and set them in motion.

That's really it, and it's not much to go on.
    Quote Originally Posted by blobbydan View Post
    We're all doomed. Let these retards shuffle the chairs on the titanic. They can die in a safe space if they want to... Whatever. What a miserable joke this life is. I can't wait until it's all finally over and I can return to the sweet oblivion of the void.

>.> Why?
    Because the Naaru are responsible for the Void Lords in a sense.

The Void comes from the Light, ultimately, and the Light would contain some measure of void energy. The Void Lords are spirits composed of void energies, which would coalesce in the pockets of cold nothingness that is formed when the Naaru, spirits composed of light energies, bleed.

On the one hand, I can see what some folk are saying, with the Void Lords not being as powerful as Sargeras.

Yes, the words used by the Chronicle only imply the Void Lords were jealous of the Titan's ability to move through physical reality, and saying that IS what they were jealous of is head canon.

And I suppose the fact that a Void-possessed Titan would be stronger than the Pantheon wouldn't necessarily mean the Void Lords themselves are stronger than Titans, since power boosts don't necessarily have to come from beings more powerful than you. Could be similar to the Guardian of Tirisfal.

But on the other hand, page 50 includes this text;

He told Sargeras of Azeroth, a fledgling world-soul with more potential than any of the Pantheon had ever seen, a being strong enough to defeat the void lords in due time. Sargeras listened carefully but was unmoved.
    To me that implies Sargeras can't defeat the void lords in combat. If the Pantheon as saying "dude, this one might be able to beat them if it wakes up", that sounds like none of the Pantheon, Sargeras included, were capable of that feat.

Page 30 supports this;

Eonar was quick to champion Aggramar's cause. She compelled the other Pantheon members to think of the world's potential. If brought to maturity, this new titan could exceed ever Sargeras's considerable might, she argued. Indeed, it could become their greatest warrior, one capable of neutralizing the void lords once and for all.
    Unless the Titans had a third option for dealing with the void lords besides "kill them" and "kill everything else first", the above implies the Titans at the time of Azeroth's discovery did not have to capacity to defeat the void lords.

- - - Updated - - -

Because the Naaru are responsible for the Void Lords in a sense. Think about it.

It is established by the Chronicle that the Naaru are perhaps the purest expression of the Light. The Naaru are the Light (or at least represent it) and as such, they "give birth" to void creatures.
    It's also established by the Chronicle that the Naaru exist within the physical universe, while the void lords exist outside it. The cosmology chart shows Void Lords at another 'level' above Naaru, and Naaru are just one "expression" that the Light gave form to in the physical universe; elementals and Titans are also born of the Light, the Naaru are just the purest.

The Naaru are more like the Old Gods of the Light. Light and Void exist outside the physical universe but manifest within it to a degree; Naaru as the Light's main force and Old Gods as the Void's main force. Naaru, existing within the physical universe, aren't responsible for the outside-universe existence of the Void, which gave rise to the Void Lords. The Void Lords predate the Naaru. The Chronicle's not even clear if the Void Lords were created at the same time as the physical universe, it simply says "from the moment the cosmos came to be, dark spirits in the void sough to twist" yadda yadda, while the Naaru were 'born' after the universe had existed for at least a while.

Spoilers - it's Chris Metzen

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enthralled View Post
    I thought that was a weird choice of words. The Legion are 'tethered'...? The Legion are tethered to Sargeras and the Old Gods are tethered to the Void Lords, according to Chronicle. Tethered isn't the word I'd use either way, but --

I am confuse. Maybe they've held some big lore back from us, that isn't in Chronicle at all.
    Oh Dark Pantheon. It says Sargeras killed them all, but maybe its quoted in a way that could have them turn dark and may as well be dead as their original master plan is abandoned in favor of Sargeras's.

Sargeras basically cleaved a world that was corrupted by Old Gods in two, he alone could kill every Old God in existence, but the Old Gods are smart, they become part of the planet, to destroy them outright would be like pulling a knife from a stab wound, they yanked one off the surface of Azeroth and it tore a hole in it that became the Well of Eternity, they want to preserve the baby Titan, not kill it, this is why they had any trouble, think of an infection that is resistant to antibiotics.

Deleted
    The Pantheon was eventually consumed by the void?

I don't think the quote in the thread title is anything more complicated than "without the void lords, the Legion wouldn't need to exist".

In that sense, the Legion is tethered to the void lords. They might not serve the void lords, but they exist and are active because of them.