Page 51 of 54 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mischievousboy View Post
    on the FinalBossTV twitch stream, he said that he knows about an unannounced feature that he can't talk about yet. This is apparently the "special news" he was referring to, but it didn't end up getting announced today. Not sure I believe him.
    If no one else who went is talking about more to come I will call 100% bullshit.

So yeah.
    Bullshit.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mischievousboy View Post
    on the FinalBossTV twitch stream, he said that he knows about an unannounced feature that he can't talk about yet. This is apparently the "special news" he was referring to, but it didn't end up getting announced today. Not sure I believe him.
    That guy is starting to piss a lot of people off.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    If no one else who went is talking about more to come I will call 100% bullshit.
    Yeah, I think it's a guise for him trying to fish for attention. He's not doing streamers any good credibility wise, that's for sure.

He's not pissing anyone off. People are getting pissed off because A) people misconstrued what he said and tried to take it farther than it had legs for, and B) Because people, when they don't get their immediate gratification, get all pissy that they don't get what they want when they want it.

The reality is...that he was shown something pertaining to a new feature that he is not allowed to talk about. He only continues to talk about it, because people keep asking.

It's not like he is on the forums going, "HEY GUYZ!!! I KNOW SOMETHING YOU DON'T! HAHAHA!!!"

Deleted
    They better make a timely announcement for pre-pach release, I still have a few arena wins to go for my season achievement.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganimah View Post
    He's not pissing anyone off. People are getting pissed off because A) people misconstrued what he said and tried to take it farther than it had legs for, and B) Because people, when they don't get their immediate gratification, get all pissy that they don't get what they want when they want it.

The reality is...that he was shown something pertaining to a new feature that he is not allowed to talk about. He only continues to talk about it, because people keep asking.

It's not like he is on the forums going, "HEY GUYZ!!! I KNOW SOMETHING YOU DON'T! HAHAHA!!!"
    So why is no one else saying there is more to come?
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    So why is no one else saying there is more to come?
    Look at what I said...and ask again. "...he was shown something pertaining to a new feature..."

I can't say anymore because there has been nothing else said.

And you don't see any of the other interviewers calling him out for what he said, either. Just because they can't confirm, could also mean they are under NDA as well.

ETA: He clarified that he was actually told about it from one of the Devs, and not shown, and was told not to say anything.
    Last edited by Ganimah; 2016-06-11 at 01:26 AM. Reason: Clarity

Again this whole debacle just shows why you don't go to 'personalities' for hard hitting information and the right questions to be asked. Much of the information we got was things that were already known, common sense information and a few conformations of the raids. It left a lot of questions unasked and really felt like a whole bunch of nothing.

We would have gotten a much better slice of information if instead of using 'personalities' to ask questions the people at Blizz just came out and gave us a bunch of information.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Again this whole debacle just shows why you don't go to 'personalities' for hard hitting information and the right questions to be asked. Much of the information we got was things that were already known, common sense information and a few conformations of the raids. It left a lot of questions unasked and really felt like a whole bunch of nothing.

We would have gotten a much better slice of information if instead of using 'personalities' to ask questions the people at Blizz just came out and gave us a bunch of information.
    Except all of them tweeted out for questions that WE wanted to ask, because they did not know A) Who they were interviewing and B) How long they could interview them for....until the morning of that day or like an hour before they were told they were going to get only 15 minutes with a Dev or two. They literally congregated together a few minutes before the interview window to make sure that there would not be duplicated questions, to provide us with the most information they could get for a FIFTEEN MINUTE interview.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganimah View Post
    Except all of them tweeted out for questions that WE wanted to ask, because they did not know A) Who they were interviewing and B) How long they could interview them for....until the morning of that day or like an hour before they were told they were going to get only 15 minutes with a Dev or two. They literally congregated together a few minutes before the interview window to make sure that there would not be duplicated questions, to provide us with the most information they could get for a FIFTEEN MINUTE interview.
    Cool, so maybe next time we can skip the personalities asking questions and have the devs spend more time giving us information.

Cool, so maybe next time we can skip the personalities asking questions and have the devs spend more time giving us information.
    I love how the term personalities seems like it means we know nothing of the game and whats missing and needed. By all means let me know your deep questions and concerns and I will try to get some information for you. Us "personalities" will try harder next time
    http://twitch.tv/towelliee TowelRapaport #WoWsheet

Quote Originally Posted by towelliee View Post
    I love how the term personalities seems like it means we know nothing of the game and whats missing and needed. By all means let me know your deep questions and concerns and I will try to get some information for you. Us "personalities" will try harder next time
    You mean the 'wonderful' job you guys just did with important information that was for the most part already known? Woah good job. I'd rather Blizzard just give us the information themselves and not waste our time inviting over personalities to lob questions at them.

You guys know as much of the game as anyone else that has been playing for a long time. Just because you are a streamer does not mean you have some deep secret knowledge of basic mechanics of the game. Get over yourself.

You mean the 'wonderful' job you guys just did with important information that was for the most part already known? Woah good job. I'd rather Blizzard just give us the information themselves and not waste our time inviting over personalities to lob questions at them.

You guys know as much of the game as anyone else that has been playing for a long time. Just because you are a streamer does not mean you have some deep secret knowledge of basic mechanics of the game. Get over yourself.
    So we all knew about the 7.1 Dungeon? And the planned 3 Raid Tiers? And the patches after 7.1 with dungeons attunements being tied? Legendary Relics? Wow guess I haven't kept up on the news. I mean by all means once again let me know what information you'd like and I will be happy to be your servant in obtaining this information. Honestly I don't even think you looked at the front page. You seem to have some deep hatred for "personalities" and "streamers" based on previous posts. When in reality we all have one huge thing in common, and that is we are all trying to see this game succeed and any news especially the ones that came to light in last 24 hours points this expansion in a positive. Get over it? I dunno.
    http://twitch.tv/towelliee TowelRapaport #WoWsheet

What else did you honestly expect? Let's say they'd asked for something like a release date for pre-patch. You know Blizz would have just given a dodgy answer. I don't know if you've seen the front page, but we learned a ton of new things, got clarifications on previously known things, and learned some of their thought process.

You're just being mad for no reason at this point. The only 'personality' who deserves any sort of fault here is FinalBoss for hyping up a 'special' surprise.

So we all knew about the 7.1 Dungeon? And the planned 3 Raid Tiers? And the patches after 7.1 with dungeons attunements being tied? Legendary Relics? Wow guess I haven't kept up on the news. I mean by all means once again let me know what information you'd like and I will be happy to be your servant in obtaining this information. Honestly I don't even think you looked at the front page. You seem to have some deep hatred for "personalities" and "streamers" based on previous posts. When in reality we all have one huge thing in common, and that is we are all trying to see this game succeed and any news especially the ones that came to light in last 24 hours points this expansion in a positive. Get over it? I dunno.

I think the hate on personalities, is just because you guys really don't achieve anything, and are horrible interviewers (though, I'll cut you some slack since you said it was your first).

The information we got over the past day, may not have been news that was known already, but most of it was givens. No, it's not a shocker, and generally assumed that there are 3 raid tiers in Legion, given how negative the reaction was to the 2 tiers in WoD. No it's not a shocker, or is it news, to have a quest line leading up to a dungeon.

Instead of groveling over a dungeon that is going to be cut from release and pushed out to 7.1, why didn't you ask are there any more plans for additional dungeons late in the expansion? And when they dodge, or say no, call them out on it?

When they gave the crappy dodgy answer for content droughts, why didn't you press them more? I hate how the devs rarely, very rarely are pushed into a difficult spot. It's like the treatment a Republican gets on Fox News. That's what these interviews are like. It's like watching Sean Hannity, interview Ted Cruz -- boring as hell because no tough questions are asked, and the whole time Hannity telling Cruz how much he loves him.

We may have the love for the game in common, but what we don't have in common, is that I wouldn't sell myself out, and suck their dick just so I can get invited to Irvine again. That's the #1 thing that's disgusting about "personalities", is the absolute horrible interviews. They are just unwatchable due to the infatuation "personalities" have for the devs. You can't go 1 minute without telling them how much something is awesome.

Not very objective interviewing.
    Last edited by ablib; 2016-06-11 at 05:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I think the hate on personalities, is just because you guys really don't achieve anything, and are horrible interviewers (though, I'll cut you some slack since you said it was your first).

The information we got over the past day, may not have been news that was known already, but most of it was givens. No, it's not a shocker, and generally assumed that there are 3 raid tiers in Legion, given how negative the reaction was to the 2 tiers in WoD. No it's not a shocker, or is it news, to have a quest line leading up to a dungeon.

Instead of groveling over a dungeon that is going to be cut from release and pushed out to 7.1, why didn't you ask are there any more plans for additional dungeons late in the expansion? And when they dodge, or say no, call them out on it?

When they gave the crappy dodgy answer for content droughts, why didn't you press them more?

We may have the love for the game in common, but what we don't have in common, is that I wouldn't sell myself out, and suck their dick just so I can get invited to Irvine again. That's the #1 thing that's disgusting about "personalities", is the absolute horrible interviews. They are just unwatchable due to the infatuation "personalities" have for the devs. You can't go 1 minute without telling them how much something is awesome.

Thank you ablib, very well said. They may ask the questions that their fans want, but they don't know how to followup on something when a dev lets something important slip out. It is why I'd rather have someone that has a background in journalism or a history of conducting interviews and knows how to followup to a question to get information we want. Or just let the devs give us a lot of information at once and cut out the middle man.
    Last edited by Kyanion; 2016-06-11 at 05:54 AM.

I mean by all means once again let me know what information you'd like and I will be happy to be your servant in obtaining this information.
    Ablib above said it - you aren't really asking questions, you are inviting them to maybe comment on something (but if they won't, fine, ok, let's try a different topic, don't want to comment here either? fine, maybe this? oh, your comment is "we are thinking about it", yeah, great, we got a comment, let's celebrate...).

I understand that you aren't in a position to really ask and really investigate and sometimes push and press and get answers, sure, but please realize that this makes you pretty useless.

We get some info not because you went to interview them or dug something up. No, we get it because the blues feel like sharing. You are redundant. If you wasn't there, they'd have talked with someone else. If nobody was there, they'd have put a post on their forum. To us, players who want info, there is completely no difference.

I apologize for being brutally blunt, but this is the truth. I have nothing against you, I wish you the best, etc, by all means continue your channel and have fun, but you are useless to me. There's a ton of questions I'd like asked - regarding PVP, regarding that stupid decision about Blood of Sargeras remaining BOP, etc, etc, etc - but there is no point asking you to relay them. They won't asnwer you and you won't even make them think about it, you will just shut up after their second or third non-answer out of fear of alienating them too much - and perhaps it makes sense for you, but it also means that it is all pointless, you aren't useful in digging info, you are only useful in relaying what they would have said without you. Your "questions" are treated as (and maybe are in that maybe you view them that way as well) reminders to maybe talk about this and that, they aren't questions.
    Last edited by rda; 2016-06-11 at 07:22 AM.

Deleted
    From the front page:

Expanding on the WoW token in the future is a possibility, but the team has to be careful to avoid messing up the economy or making something that is pay to win.

I find that hard to believe considering gold can be bought and gold could buy epics, at early WoD.

- - - Updated - - -

It's clear that Blizzard sets up those interviews not for information but for promotion. In fact a lot of the questions we hear asked to them come from their own employees at Blizzcon. The fan sites often do ask hard questions, however at least part of their relationship is symbiotic, because they rely on their good relationship for either's success.

Quote Originally Posted by OGXanos View Post
    Joking aside whats the last offical thing they said about it?
    If I'm remembering right, the last word was when they discussed their prior mistakes in terms of "announcing too much, too early" - e.g. the dance studio being in that pre-Gamescom WotLK trailer, and I believe PotT as well, though it was elaborated on a lot more than our friend the dance studio.

I want to tell you this was like retrospective on MoP going into WoD that this happened, or maybe it was Cata going into MoP.
    Signature dunked by a lame MMO Champ robot.

When they gave the crappy dodgy answer for content droughts, why didn't you press them more? I hate how the devs rarely, very rarely are pushed into a difficult spot. It's like the treatment a Republican gets on Fox News. That's what these interviews are like. It's like watching Sean Hannity, interview Ted Cruz -- boring as hell because no tough questions are asked, and the whole time Hannity telling Cruz how much he loves him.

No dungeon was announced before, so it can't be cut. It's an addition, as I said multiple times - if they don't release in June, we'll get some bonus early on.

It's not his work to call them out, he is a guest and the moment he acts like a master, he'll be asked to leave. Dunno what liberal party you support, but world doesn't work your way, sorry. There were questions on additional dungeons and they've clearly stated: we don't know, because they could make a lot of Mythic+ difficulties irrelevant, or normal/heroic modes would be useless. So a lot of work for high risk, low reward thing.

If they're giving crappy answers, it means they don't have an answer, is it so hard to understand? They don't have to have answer to every question. And content droughts have always been part of WoW, if they didn't come up with the solution in last 11 years, they won't today. It's a tricky topic in corporate world where shareholders have a lot of say.

For many of these guys it's steady source of income, would you tell your customer to gtfo, make up his fuckin' mind or whatever? Then you are too young to take part in the discussion.

To people saying "personalities" are useless. They are not, I'm not big fan, but honestly, most of the questions asked were hot topics with no clear answers. If nobody asked about number of tiers of Legion and we got 2, then some people like rda would go nuts calling them thieves, liars and lazy, oh and spout some crap about cut content, based on their expectations...

"Personalities" are a tool used to convey information to masses and ask popular questions. I'm pretty sure big chunk of WoW's community doesn't give a fuck about these forums, blue posts or this page, but watches streamers from time to time.

If you want your questions asked, then either popularize them or get invited to conduct an interview... It's like reading 16 years olds go nuts because one anime is more popular than their favourite...

- - - Updated - - -

Butthurt much? Sure sounds this way. Chill out, it's their job, you've got yours, I assume, do it. As I mentioned, most people don't give a broken fuck about blue posts, these forums (people here really think too highly of themselves, while giving hints of being highschoolers, EJv2.0) or this page.