Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenixhart View Post
    Not in the US it sure as hell hasn't.

The rest of the world seems to have it mostly figured out.
    No most of the world doesn't.

OT. Sad to hear even though I've never heard of her before. Also makes me happy that her brother was brave and tried his best to defend her while everyone else probably ran once they saw the shooter open fire.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PvPHeroLulz View Post
    Right, so you are excusing the lack of basic manners towards a dead person, cause you are sitting behind a screen.
    Basic manners in an online forum dedicated to games and discussing someone who meant absolutely nothing to the person in question?

Oh what time is it - oh it's time for reality.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    No most of the world doesn't.
    Point to me another nation that has US's Gun Problem and I'll concede this point

Untlll then my point stands.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixhart View Post
    Point to me another nation that has US's Gun Problem and I'll concede this point

Untlll then my point stands.
    Africa, Middle East, Central & South America

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...n_5125188.html
    Last edited by muto; 2016-06-11 at 10:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    "he must have had a mental illness" did you know that this is such a dumb thing to say ?

most humans are evil.

Although it seems "evil," in fact, we just struggle against the very same impulses that made us the top predator on the planet. Just because we created a society in which those impulses are no longer beneficial, does not mean that they magically go away. I don't excuse the behavoir, but that is the source. "Evil," to me, is the sadistic person that kidnaps and tortures people (like ISIS).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Miuku View Post
    Basic manners in an online forum dedicated to games and discussing someone who meant absolutely nothing to the person in question?

Oh what time is it - oh it's time for reality.
    Basic manners is the most basic of Reflection in Social Adaptation.

Forums are a social thing, since people discuss on them.

And by logical conclusion, the only difference between you saying it here, and reality, is that you are behind a screen.

So, yes, a Computer screen, assumedly (or maybe not), robbed you of any and all Social Intelligence.

Time for reality, indeed.

Here's an idea ; You do the same thing on Facebook. See what happens. See how well your idea jives with people.
    Last edited by mmoc411114546c; 2016-06-11 at 10:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alydael View Post
    I just don't think that making guns illegal would have prevented him from getting one. Would it have been harder? Yes. But he still would have found one. It is not as if this was a random "impulse" attack. He was obviously planning this.
    As someone from the UK I think you're massively underestimating what a difference it would make. If I wanted a gun (which I have never even remotely felt the need) I wouldn't have a clue where to even begin. I live in a medium sized town, pretty standard, sure it's by no means crime ridden but it isn't squeaky clean either.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zogarth View Post
    Mental illness mainly. Youtubers often have what many view as a personal relationship with their viewers, at least that is how some viewers come to see it. Often people with extremely low self esteem and problems to begin with begin to rely on a youtuber and develop one-sided feelings. Kinda fucked up, but there has been some interesting studies on the subject.
    Yeah... Dodger/dexbonus has complained a lot about this.

Never heard of this girl in the OP, I'm sorry to hear that though. Just reminds you how quickly and easily someone's life can be taken, at the peak of it, even. RIP.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Literally most every country in Africa and the Middle East. There's also a lot of gun violence in certain parts of Central and South America.
    I agree. How much gun violence in the Mid East and Africa just never even gets publicized? In the US, you shoot one person, it is all over the news. I am sure many people in the Africa and the Mide east are shot everyday- it just never makes the news.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alnilam81 View Post
    As someone from the UK I think you're massively underestimating what a difference it would make. If I wanted a gun (which I have never even remotely felt the need) I wouldn't have a clue where to even begin. I live in a medium sized town, pretty standard, sure it's by no means crime ridden but it isn't squeaky clean either.
    So, if I offered you a million dollars for a gun in a weeks time, you don't think you would be able to produce one?

Basic manners is the most basic of Reflection in Social Adaptation.

Forums are a social thing, since people discuss on them.

And by logical conclusion, the only difference between you saying it here, and reality, is that you are behind a screen.

So, yes, a Computer screen, assumedly (or maybe not), robbed you of any and all Social Intelligence.

Time for reality, indeed.
    You know all he said was "She's cute", that's not even a direct comment on her looks, "cute" is pretty vague and to me is more of a personality trait than just an appearance trait, so stop putting words in his month. Even so, why can't he compliment her in that way?

Deleted
    You know all he said was "She's cute", that's not even a direct comment on her looks, "cute" is pretty vague and to me is more of a personality trait than just an appearance trait, so stop putting words in his month. Even so, why can't he compliment her in that way?
    If you had been following the discussion, the person in question is proposing that there is no need to display basic Empathy towards a Recently deceased person.

And if you're into Necrophilia, then i am certain, that you can compliment her look or express your liking for her percieved traits, as much as you see fit. Just don't expect Social acceptance on that part.

Deleted
    That is terrible news. never heard of her. but any innocent shooting is terrible.
    And i am also sorry to say and bring it up. but that is why America needs to actually start some sort of gun regulations. guns are to easy to get.

15+ Year Old Account
    What a shame... RIP.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Alydael View Post
    I agree. How much gun violence in the Mid East and Africa just never even gets publicized? In the US, you shoot one person, it is all over the news. I am sure many people in the Africa and the Mide east are shot everyday- it just never makes the news.

- - - Updated - - -

So, if I offered you a million dollars for a gun in a weeks time, you don't think you would be able to produce one?
    Sure, i'd fly to America and get one! But if you wanted one in the UK i'd honestly have to say no I really doubt I could. Even then your ignoring that disturbed people don't usually have a million dollars lying around to spend on illegal guns.

That's something that is often overlooked, illegal guns would be stupidly more expensive than they currently are, so the average joe couldn't just pick one up, it would likely cost thousands rather than a few hundred dollars, those little things are probably enough to stop shit like this happening, or at least make a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaira View Post
    How sad, never really heard of her personally but some people are demented, gun's are too easy to get ahold of over there.
    Only took 2 posts to politicize someone's death to critique an aspect of American culture.

Deleted
    Occasionally watched her YouTube videos. I'm not gonna pretend this hits me very hard, since I didn't know her personally, but a 22 year old losing her life is a massive shame in any context.

Deleted
    If you had been following the discussion, the person in question is proposing that there is no need to display basic Empathy towards a Recently deceased person.

And if you're into Necrophilia, then i am certain, that you can compliment her look or express your liking for her percieved traits, as much as you see fit. Just don't expect Social acceptance on that part.
    What does necrophilia has to do with anything exactly? If Miranda Kerr is found sexy by mean, 2 hours after she passed away, she's still going to remain attractive or in peoples memories years after. It's not like people are ready to bonk a corpse.

WTF, you jump to Necrophilia?!?!?! Complimenting someone using a vague term does not mean you want to fuck their dead corpse, how the hell do you even make that leap?

Quote Originally Posted by rawhammer View Post
    she seems like a complete POS tbh
    And what the hell have you done for the world? At least she made some people happy with her music.

People like you sicken me. I get it. It's just a game to you right? You think that because it's just "shitposting" on the internet, that it's not real? That you're still a good person? It doesn't work that way. This is what you are; the real you.

Sure, i'd fly to America and get one! But if you wanted one in the UK i'd honestly have to say no I really doubt I could. Even then your ignoring that disturbed people don't usually have a million dollars lying around to spend on illegal guns.

That's something that is often overlooked, illegal guns would be stupidly more expensive than they currently are, so the average joe couldn't just pick one up, it would likely cost thousands rather than a few hundred dollars, those little things are probably enough to stop shit like this happening, or at least make a difference.
    Ok, so you would fly to America and buy one. How would you get it home past airport security? Also, these people might not have a million dollars, but they have time. It is highly likely (if you study psychology) that this man was planning this for a long time. He didn't wake up one day and say "you know what? Today I think I will kill so and so." So even if it took him months to do, he had time to get the gun (or to plan some equally destructive measure). You don't need an advanced gun to kill someone. At close range, even an antiquated pistol would do.

All that being said, I am still for stronger gun laws. I don't think it will make a big difference, but I file it under "couldn't hurt."