Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Of course there's context.

What isn't happening is that men that are down their luck are cast aside because they are men.

For men to be discriminated against, they have to be something else besides male. They have to be gay, or a color other than white, or different religion, etc.

Women, OTOH, get all of those same discriminations PLUS the discrimination of their gender. Men have done a very good job of branding women as sex objects throughout history, on top of all that.

I got a vasectomy in 15 minutes. I had nothing to answer for other than the typical medical questionnaire. My wife, however, can't find a doctor in our area to do a tubal because she's never had children and they don't think that's right. From the pay shortfalls, to every article you see of famous women being not about their accomplishments but rather about their fuckability, to forced female circumcision, to the horrific rape statistics...men (as a gender) have literally no room to bitch.
    That is just ridiculous, to suggest that only females can be discriminated against because of their gender is just utter nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Daish View Post
    what?

the male can be disposed of there is no reason for the woman to keep him around the woman still gets child care payments for the rest of that males life
    Those jars of pickles aren't gonna open themselves ^_^

Also, could you imagine a world run by and populated solely by, women? It would last less then a month....

Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post

Also, could you imagine a world run by and populated solely by, women? It would last less then a month....
    Totally Agree +10000

This situation worries me about Ultra left parties like the Greens in Australia who like the idea of Euthanasia

I can see it now...Men over 60 into this chamber please
    I must remember not to post stupid stuff when very drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by MeHMeH View Post
    That is just ridiculous, to suggest that only females can be discriminated against because of their gender is just utter nonsense.
    I didn't say they can or can't. I said they are.
    Last edited by Bodakane; 2016-06-11 at 11:45 AM.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Deleted
    I didn't say they can. I said they are.
    For men to be discriminated against, they have to be something else besides male. They have to be gay, or a color other than white, or different religion, etc.
    Yes you did literally say that they can't be discriminated against, they have to be something besides male to be discriminated against.

Why arent we discussing the original issue at hand?

idk, there's a lot of men right now ruining it for the rest of us.

This thread was not about "gender issues", why are you offtracking the thread?

...As a woman, I can honestly say that I have never even heard of "male disposability"...

- - - Updated - - -

I'd dare wager it'd last about as good as the world is now. It's not like men have been little angels throughout history...and in the end, men and women are the same. Assholes be assholes, good ones be good.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    ...As a woman, I can honestly say that I have never even heard of "male disposability"...
    I have many times, usually when discussing conscription where people say that we can sacrifise more men than women without having as big negative effect on making new offspring. I demonstrated by logic that this aint true given the societal behavior.

Yes you did literally say that they can't be discriminated against, they have to be something besides male to be discriminated against.
    I'm talking about what is and isn't actually happening. Of course its in the realm of possibility. But we're talking about the real world and in that real fucking world it is not happening.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Population growth really needs to slow down though, especially in Asia. I wonder how long before governments start mandating that couples can only have two kids here in the west, lest we risk over population.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Population growth really needs to slow down though, especially in Asia. I wonder how long before governments start mandating that couples can only have two kids here in the west, lest we risk over population.
    Birth rates and age pyramid has become less healthy in western world.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SandMax View Post
    I have many times, usually when discussing conscription where people say that we can sacrifise more men than women without having as big negative effect on making new offspring. I demonstrated by logic that this aint true given the societal behavior.
    That doesn't mean that male disposability is a myth. It simply means that you try to dismiss a biological problem with a sociological solution. But you are ignoring that social structures change when there is need for it. And it ignores the other things like lesser mental health care and a host of other male related problems in society, it isn't just that that biological factor that makes males more disposable then females.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SandMax View Post
    Birth rates and age pyramid has become less healthy in western world.
    But it often times isn't locals who are making our population boom. I know when I was growing up, the majority of families where I lived all had two kids, meanwhile you had the outlier families who had 3 or 4 kids and they were usually immigrants.

Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    Pretty much this

Men do get the short end of the stick: because of this disparity of the extremes, men are not given the social protections that women have, and have always had in so-called "patriarchal society" - which is itself a rather silly myth

You see this most notably in the homeless, prison populations, unsafe working conditions, wars, jobs at the bottom/unpleasant end, disease funding (prostate vs breast for example) and social welfare programs - as well as the myriad forms of positive discrimination women get

There's this little handy graphic that perfectly illustrates the different ways society treats men and women:

Which one of them is taking care of the kid?

Deleted
    I'm talking about what is and isn't actually happening. Of course its in the realm of possibility. But we're talking about the real world and in that real fucking world it is not happening.
    In what world? Just look at the nice picture that Xarim put up about how we treat the different sexes when it comes down to not being able to pay for your child. The whole parenthood thing is rather unilateral too, and then there is the severe lack of mental health care for males and the growing problem of predominantly male homelessness. There are many many others, and its all just because they are male.

That doesn't mean that male disposability is a myth. It simply means that you try to dismiss a biological problem with a sociological solution. But you are ignoring that social structures change when there is need for it. And it ignores the other things like lesser mental health care and a host of other male related problems in society, it isn't just that that biological factor that makes males more disposable then females.
    Sure, at time of crisis behaviour can change. But as was seen in baby boomers for an example, the birth rates went up because of bigger families, not because of men became Genghis Khans impregnating lots of women at the same time. Its highly unlikely, that men would change so drastically at war/right after that suddenly we would have this big shift in our reproductive behavior where we deviate this 1:1 relation.

In many wars, there has been issue where there has been women who struggle to find partners, hence not contributing to births in many cases.

Deleted
    Which one of them is taking care of the kid?
    Not the guy who's freedom is taken away because he could not pay for his child, its the other parent that got money to do it anyway.

This isn't going to end well. I'd imagine only an extremist would take ostracizing an entire gender down to their sexual function. Not there doesn't exist either for both genders. It's just rather moot to argue because unless you want to move to an island that only allows women and frozen sperm, (awesome television show! The New Truman Show!) or men and .. i'm not sure what would be the male version, we haven't gotten around to that yet in science. Yet at least. Damn science you scary.