10+ Year Old Account
    I dunno, I actually enjoy this raid more than Void Ark.

It just released, can't expect everybody to know and follow tactics fully at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    I dunno, I actually enjoy this raid more than Void Ark.

It just released, can't expect everybody to know and follow tactics fully at this point.
    Yeah. There's also been a lot of people calling for more 'difficult' content - and whilst the secondary raids are intended as a catch up mechanic that doesn't mean they have to be super easy. They're a lot of fun - and most of the mechanics are variants of stuff encountered elsewhere, anyway. My first run failed but my second succeeded. Communication is key.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    As a healer, when a DPS pulls while the raid is clearly not ready, I usually gently step back over the violet line and enjoy the tears.
    last time I tried Ozma they put up a ready check but a DPS and I was still running back so I picked "Hold" and they pulled anyway and I got locked out. Makes me wonder why people bother to ready check if they are in such a rush to pull. Did me a favor anyway as I had to bail as I'd forgotten to repair previously and literally all my gear was broken and you can't zone out mid dungeon to quickly repair and come back >_<

I give up on Ozma for this week. I've tried it a couple of times and still yet to kill it. I'll try again after reset as I don't wanna burn myself out on the raid in the first week heh

ended up finishing it. wasn't too bad only had like 3 wipes on the 3rd boss then the last was one shot thanks to healer lb3s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    im finally trying weeping city and i dont get it. what happened to free loot pinata raids?
    Bosses are easy enough.
    Give it some time.
    Once the tactics are familiar and followed by the majority you'll have no more problems than you had on Cuchulain.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nasriel View Post
    last time I tried Ozma they put up a ready check but a DPS and I was still running back so I picked "Hold"
    Doesn't "hold" just mute the window but not give a response? You should have chosen "not ready" so everyone can see it.

- - - Updated - - -

Doesn't "hold" just mute the window but not give a response? You should have chosen "not ready" so everyone can see it.
    really? weird way of putting it. I take hold as I need a second before you pull not get rid of the window. I didn't actually click to see what happened when I selected that option... Still my being a heals and getting no reply should be a pretty good clue to not pull!

according to online "/hold, /hd Indicate that you are not ready when a ready check has been initiated."
    Last edited by Nasriel; 2016-06-11 at 12:28 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah randoms are pretty dumb when it comes to waiting for everyone to be there.

fuck this anima step i used 60 leves and got 1 amber thing

Just did the raid and it wasn't as bad as some people say. Honestly just gotta take a minute to tell people the important stuff and most will listen. Last boss was a messy kill but Ozma went surprising smoothly despite some messing up with meteors. Overall really enjoyed the raid and I gotta say I love having a new raid to do every patch since I was never able do coil since I lacked a static. Square is doing a bang up job with the raids though I guess they could stand to give more things for the static groups to do other then extreme fights.

15+ Year Old Account
    The chests are RNG, and there's plenty of other means of getting the sands. Use poetics, blue scrips, moonstones (can be gotten with GC seals, Ixali turn-in daily, or from maps), farm extremes, buy and use elemental iv materia, or demimateria. Like there's several ways of getting sand that you should be bitching about the umbrite since it requires eso and ONLY eso. This is pretty much the easiest step.

Vilekin method is 'easiest' because if you're like me, and never use leve allowance, i can burn thru them and not miss them.

I haven't touched leves in ages.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seriously don't fall for this leve Bull.

You can get one guaranteed sand with 2 minutes of active playtime by farming blue script. Doesn't get easier than that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Seriously don't fall for this leve Bull.

You can get one guaranteed sand with 2 minutes of active playtime by farming blue script. Doesn't get easier than that.
    I mean, they're both pretty easy. One just happens to be subjected to rng, the other happens to rely on you having a crafter/gatherer leveled. Its not bullshit. I did maybe 20 leves and got 10 vilekins. Is everyone going to have the same luck? No because its rng whether you get a chest or not. Its a viable method if you have the leves to burn and are not going to use them for anything else.

It does, but by the same token, it also means that not everyone shows as ready, so pulling at that point is still fairly foolish, IMO.

Anyway, as Nasriel said (We both play 14 together) we've given up on Weeping City for this week. We've tried over the course of 3 days, but it seems like it's always the meteor phase where 2 or 3 people get marked that causes the groups to wipe. People just seem to panic and so you end up having nowhere to stand that's safe and drying.
    On our best attempt we got him to 17%. Ah well, we'll get it eventually, and I'm eager to get started on the main story (Which we haven't really done, as due to work by the time we both get home and have a chance to log in, the weeping city runs take up most of our evening).

I'm kind of pissed off that Square has an option for NA players to get the 7/11 butler/maid promo items via Amazon...because it's apparently strictly NA accounts and us Aussies get stuck being classed as Euro accounts >.<
    It's bad enough we can't order stuff like plushies or sound tracks from their online store, and now they screw us over again. I guess some higher ups are square are still bitter the Socceroos knocked the Blue Samurais out of the World Cup a few years ago, lol.
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

Deleted
    Lel people crying for loot pinata raids again.
    Nope that is exactly how it should be. Weeping city is easy af. If you cannot comprehend mechanics that simple you are in no place to get the gear.
    Loot pinata raids were the boring ones. Not this where I actually have to do something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Icaras View Post
    It does, but by the same token, it also means that not everyone shows as ready, so pulling at that point is still fairly foolish, IMO.
    Yeah sure, but if them people are like me, they are tabbed out during prep time and only tab back in when they hear combat sounds.
    I'm notorious for missing ready checks.

I agree that the current difficulty is where it should be. Give it time, people need to learn and adjust.

10+ Year Old Account
    And Bahrr Lehs keeps getting worse and worse each day.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    I mean, they're both pretty easy. One just happens to be subjected to rng, the other happens to rely on you having a crafter/gatherer leveled. Its not bullshit. I did maybe 20 leves and got 10 vilekins. Is everyone going to have the same luck? No because its rng whether you get a chest or not. Its a viable method if you have the leves to burn and are not going to use them for anything else.
    i decided to switch to the single leves and got 10 from my last 30. the large leves were a trap

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't fathom how people can stand doing 30 leves. :X

I'm doing the Vilekin/ Mist and Ink method. Just gonna take it slow and not rush it. Probably just farm 2 umbrites a day.