Thread: Obama Legacy

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadiru View Post
    State Senator is the political equivalent of a summer job at 7-11. It was low-key enough that he was able to continue teaching constitutional law while holding that seat.
    he also did lecture teaching as a US senator as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    he also did lecture teaching as a US senator as well.
    I wouldn't expect a first-term Senator to have a lot to do, honestly. Possibly even less to do than a more senior State Senator. You have to be assigned committees but on your first rodeo, nobody's going to give you lots of stuff to do because you might not be here six years hence. And yes, this is me being more forgiving of him doing nothing as a Senator than him doing some stuff as a State Senator.

ISIS and failed Obamacare (it is failing as we watch). Oh and, ferguson, Treyvon is "my son," race baiting and empowering Russia and China.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dsc View Post
    I'm a conservative who leans Libertarian.

This piece of filth did the EXACT OPPOSITE on every single one of the above issues. He's a treasonous piece of garbage.
    I agree and I challenge anyone who disagrees to go watch his speeches as he was running and see what he said and compare it to what to did. He was actually more of a war monger than Bush 2. Bush 2 actually went to congress and got approval for the Iraq invasion. Obama (with Shrillary as sec o' state) bombed Libya without congressional approval. As far as I remember Bush 2 never attacked (or bombed) anyone without congressional approval.

Obama basically kept zero of his pre election promises (you can watch them on you tube if you doubt me). It was all a lie, smoke and mirrors. He knew dems would fall for it...

Racism, division, unraveling of America under the worst and most unqualified president we may ever see. I think he'll be remembered for stoking the worst racial hatred since the days of Jim Crow. Truly a vile, vile racist man Barack obama is.

Quote Originally Posted by Detritivores View Post
    This is where we disagree. He has created nothing. Except an extrajudicial kill list. Yes gay marriage, yes marginally improved health care, but these are long overdue social changes, not something a president does. Yes he was the first president in my life time that I don't sincerely believe is a sociopath. That's not a particularly high bar to brag about crossing, as a nation.

And the idea that "the system" foiled him is what I'm pushing back against. I don't see a lot of evidence that makes me believe that claim.
    Well, you probably know these things better than me. I'd say that he have greatly improved the American image abroad, at least for me. He seems more humble than the previous presidents. Though that's a very personal feeling but if others agree then it must be something good. Obviously hard for an American to notice, I mean, I'd have a hard time noticing whatever image change a Swedish politician make. If it's not catastrophic :P
    Well met!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Man even if Blizzard gave players bars of gold, they would complain that they were too heavy.

Deleted
    In short, a miserable failure.

Racism seems to have made a comeback thanks to the actions and endorsement of extremist groups by our so called leader.