Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    How about they remaster Oblivion? Skyrim looks like shit and even a remaster won't fix its problems mainly because of the way cells work.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Remasters are not typically handled in house by the studio that made the game, if it exists it's likely not taking effort away from their next project in the least you do understand this right?

you do were doing so well until you decided to be a snark.

dont be a snark bruh
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    Skyrim appealed to a mass audience the way that the previous Elder Scrolls did not. I have to believe a lot of this had to do with "dumbing down" the mechanics and streamlining a lot of the features. Although I was a big fan of Morrowind (not a fan at all of Oblivion), I can't see them having the same commercial success. Skyrim made the series more accessable (I.E. easier) without losing the spirit of the series. For Oblivion and/or Morrowind to succeed they would need more than updated graphics, they would need a gameplay overhaul.
    I think it had much more to do with the change in the way video games and "geek culture" are viewed in general. Oblivion, the last game before Skyrim, was released in 2002. Culturally, sci-fi, fantasy, video games, etc. are way more accepted as normal now than they ever used to be, opening up the market a great deal.

Quote Originally Posted by DSRilk View Post
    I think it had much more to do with the change in the way video games and "geek culture" are viewed in general. Oblivion, the last game before Skyrim, was released in 2002. Culturally, sci-fi, fantasy, video games, etc. are way more accepted as normal now than they ever used to be, opening up the market a great deal.
    Small correction, Oblivion was released in 2006, Morrowind was the one released in 2002.

Quote Originally Posted by Skayaq View Post
    Small correction, Oblivion was released in 2006, Morrowind was the one released in 2002.
    Yes, thank you, my bad on the dates. I think the point still stands, however.

Deleted
    THat doesn't make much sense to me.
    A Fallout 3 remaster I would approve of.
    Now you prolly don't know that but a few month ago Bethesda got the local bann on F3 lifted and the only reason to do that after all that time would be a remaster.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    What's the point of a remaster when you can just mod skyrim to look better than current new games on ultra settings
    Console peasants that's why.

If they remastered Oblivion people would realise how mediocre Skyrim is by comparison. And I'm not saying Oblivion is that good.

how about ES VI instead....

Quote Originally Posted by Dsonsion View Post
    If they remastered Oblivion people would realise how mediocre Skyrim is by comparison. And I'm not saying Oblivion is that good.
    I've played skyrim, oblivion, and morrowind modded and umodded. They're all amazing games. Just because people here are of pc master race doesn't mean the game sold badly or wasn't reviewed incredibly/loved on consoles.

And I really hope none of this remaster bs is drawing away from ES VI.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

At first, I thought this was going to be Skyrim on a new engine, which got me very excited. Now I see that it's some console BS. :/

I'm curious what all it entails for those on PCs

New features maybe? Or base game tweaks?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pF2Qw9BI6Rg

And so it happens... wonder if all the mods will need porting to the new version of Skyrim on PC or if it's just a graphical update to the original game.

Console modding for Skyrim could end up tearing the modding community for that game apart like it's doing to fallout today. Especially since Bethesda is doing so little to tackle stolen mods.

How many great mods will end up being taken down to prevent theft? I suppose only time will tell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Ok so honest question, is there any reason to get hyped for it ? What exactly are this remastering gonna do ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Ok so honest question, is there any reason to get hyped for it ? What exactly are this remastering gonna do ?
    It's trying to simulate a really basic graphic mod that PC users have had since launch, but for consoles this time! Oh and they're giving console folk mods or rather, the ability to steal mods.

For those of us on PC this is just one giant headache.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Depends, if you're on pc? it's just a graphic update. If you're on console? it's a release for current gen consoles with mod support.

This will only be cool if they port it to a 64 bit engine like FO4 that will massively increase the mods for skyrim and its stability. but even that is almost useless compared to putting work into a new elder scrolls game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Thanks for answers guys, looks like nothing worth waiting for. Shame they haven't announced TES 6.

Well, anyone owning the game and all DLC or the Legendary Edition on Steam will get the upgrade for free. So yay free upgrades?

Free upgarde yes.

Point is, will all my mods be still working with the new special edition?

I cannot see mod makers getting their hands on old mods for an old game that gets broken just for a graphics update.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.