Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Sonya vs The lich king

Since most of you already know lots about lich king, I will tell Sonya's feats in diablo 3
    Sonya is basically a one man army capable of slaughtering entire legions of demons with ease
    Managed to liberate 3 entire continents single handedly
    Defeated the Embodiment of evil itself Diablo singlehandedly (which is a spawn of Tathamet, which again is somewhere around Sargeras level).
    Killed Death himself, Malthael Singlehandedly

Last edited by Candy Cough; 2016-06-11 at 02:01 PM.
    An'u belore delen'na

7+ Year Old Account
    fury of frostmourne -> dead -> lich king got a new champion.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    I think that X vs Y threads are boring. Let's throw another contestant - Biggie Smalls. And since noone of them wields firearms, Biggie smalls wins.

7+ Year Old Account
    That's a cool picture but Lich King takes that fight easy.

She would make a fine champion of the Scourge.

Deleted
    Lich King vs Sonic the Hedgehog

Did anyone read what I just said, she killed Death itself, you're vastly underrestimating sonya
    An'u belore delen'na

Doesn't take a genius to guess who would win: half-naked woman with lose hair or a dude covered with armor from feet to head.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    50% victory chance for both sides.

If she breaks his Frostmourne quickly enough, he's done.
    If he lifts Frostmourne quickly enough, she's done.

It's also based on:
    - Frostmourne's effect on a Nephalem (...they are kinda very overpowered)
    - Sonya's knowledge about Frostmourne.

Malthael isnt death, he is angel of death, a fallen archangel...Death itself is far far far older and more powerful than that puny angel...

Quote Originally Posted by BAMyouhaveaids View Post
    Did anyone read what I just said, she killed Death itself, you're vastly underrestimating sonya
    Didnt every other D3 class as well? You could say Demon Hunter Vs Lich King or Wizard Vs Lich King. Whats so special about Sonya specifically

Imo Lich King still wins, Frostmourne is capable of stealing the soul from those who face it and the only reason Frostmourne was broken by Tirion is because he used Ashbringer. He could easily Fury of Frostmourne/parry her attacks, shattering her own weapons and her soul belongs to him, not counting that the demons of Diablo are much weaker than the armies of the scourge which he can summon and the obvious fact that he is much more heavily armored than she...

heavy armor doesnt always mean a win, there have been many battles where lesser armored people have won

Quote Originally Posted by naimc View Post
    Didnt every other D3 class as well? You could say Demon Hunter Vs Lich King or Wizard Vs Lich King. Whats so special about Sonya specifically
    According to Blizzard, Sonya is the one that defeats Diablo and such according to the Lore, due to the popularity of her character. She is the one that defeats the Prime Evils and Sub Evils.

I'm giving it to Sonya, to beastly upfront where as LK would try to play games and get his ass kicked in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiserneko View Post
    Alright, you've convinced me. You've defeated me with your superior intellect and articulate arguments. All hail Jokerfiend.

10+ Year Old Account
    What Torment difficulty?

What I'm saying here is that is not official that Sonya killed anything, and is rather pointless to compare them.

Diablo (2) was killed by a necromancer, Xul, as his student Mehtan says when you do a quest for him in Diablo 3, in the second act. Although it's not too specific. He might not have been alone to kill Diablo.

I don't think there is anyone who has officially killed Malthael yet? It is "The Nephalem" for sure, but he/she doesn't have a face or name yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerfiend View Post
    According to Blizzard, Sonya is the one that defeats Diablo and such according to the Lore, due to the popularity of her character. She is the one that defeats the Prime Evils and Sub Evils.

I'm giving it to Sonya, to beastly upfront where as LK would try to play games and get his ass kicked in.
    Where have they said that?
    Last edited by Santti; 2016-06-11 at 02:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerfiend View Post

Source on that?

Deleted
    I think the Lich King would need to refresh his frozen panties when Sonya goes Wrath of the Beserker. The nephalem are grossly overpowered anyways when compared to heroes from other universes.

This is what Tyrael has to say about Sonya during the end of RoS:
    "The nephalem had done the impossible. By conquering Death, she had redeemed the Angels and saved all Mankind. In that moment, with victory at hand, I saw the Nephalem in a new light. She is a hero, who can defeat the champions of Heaven and Hell, and a Barbarian who proctects the innocent, but whithin her beats a mortal heart that will one day be tempted to corruption. On that day, will she have the strenght to resist or will she be our doom?"

"Choosing humanity over godhood, Uldyssian's energies were released one last time, negating his very being." If we regard Uldyssian ul-Diomed, the most powerful Nephalem to date, as the pinnacle of achievable power for all Nephalem, the only logical conclusion is that the Nephalem are a race that is destined for godhood itself. A fully achieved Nephalem is capable of destroying realms, none in the Diablo universe can stand in their way.

The comparison between universes is hard. Sonya and her Nephelem kin are top-dog in the Diablo Universe. But it's impossible to compare the big bad's from either Universe. It's hard to say that Prime Evil Diablo = Sargaras in terms of power, therefore it's hard to draw a comparison. Sonya is not yet at the level of power of Uldyssian al-Diomed, however the ending of RoS does hint that the Nephalem are growing in power, perhaps even becoming stronger than Uldyssian himself.

Now if we compare the Lich King (who is beneath the likes of Kil'Jaedan, Archimonde, etc.) to Sonya (one of the Nephelam, the top dogs of the Diablo universe), it's clear to me at least that the Lich King would stand very little chance to one of the (demi)gods in the making from the Diablo Universe. Sonya is not just a scantily clad Barbarian woman, but a Nephalem on the road to godhood itself.

Plus take a look at Sonya in Heroes of the Storm, grossly overpowered :P.

10+ Year Old Account
    As awesome as I think Sonya is (she's my go-to character in D3)... LK would make quick work of her I think, unless Tirion was in a block of ice nearby. :P
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Deleted
    The 25 heroes of Azeroth who in the future and in the past have defeated Illidan/Ragnaros/Nefarian/Kael'thas/Lady Vashj/Archimonde/Deathwing/Garrosh/Archimonde Mk. II got oneshot by LK during his fight..the only thing that saved them is a deus ex machina.

What chance do you think she has against him when:
    a)She's not at the Frozen Throne to actually kill him.
    b)All it takes is 1 scar of the soul to kill her.

As much as her feats are astonashing, Frostmourne hungers and the Lich King shall answer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I think that X vs Y threads are boring.
    For the record, I don't, but to each their own.

Personally I only like Sonya for this one if the LK can't use his legion of reinforcements. In particular, Sonya has no known counter to being grabbed by a val'kyr and carried 100 yards straight up, or being locked in an iceblock by Sindragosa or Rimefang. I'm not convinced her ability to massacre dozens of ghouls in a single sword swing will be all that useful when fighting the wandering plague, either, since she has no known self-dispels.

In a straight-up one-on-one, I think her abilities do too much damage too quickly for the LK to withstand her assault. At level 1, she probably has a two-handed axe that does about 9-11 damage. By level 70, she could very easily be using a mighty weapon capable of 1,600 damage per hit. And remember her intro -- she's been fighting evil for years before she enters the game at level 1, so that starting axe is probably fairly good. Even if we seriously lowball it and compare it to a steel axe in World of Warcraft, such as the Great Axe doing about 60 per swing, that means, in WoW terms, her lvl 70 axe does 9,600 on average -- well over triple any existing lvl 100 two-handed axe in the game, and dwarfing anything the LK is used to being hit with. Simply put, Diablo 3 characters can reach a higher level of character power than existing WoW ones can.

Granted that's a game-stat analysis, but it's easy numbers to get on a moment's notice.