Quote Originally Posted by Rufix View Post
    Butthurt much? Sure sounds this way. Chill out, it's their job, you've got yours, I assume, do it. As I mentioned, most people don't give a broken fuck about blue posts, these forums (people here really think too highly of themselves, while giving hints of being highschoolers, EJv2.0) or this page.
    Uh no a streamer's job is to stream. It is when they branch out to this PR crap that we get our time wasted. Refer to rda and ablib's post as they nail the point quite well.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Uh no a streamer's job is to stream. It is when they branch out to this PR crap that we get our time wasted. Refer to rda and ablib's post as they nail the point quite well.
    I tend to take rda's posts with big grain of salt For good reasons I think.

Thing is, these guys are not just streamers, they are WoW dedicated journalists, more or less professional, but exactly that.

How is this a waste of time I wonder? We got a lot of things confirmed and we didn't spend a second to obtain it, other than reading it, which we'd have to do anyway.

Thing is, these guys are not just streamers, they are WoW dedicated journalists, more or less professional, but exactly that.

How is this a waste of time I wonder? We got a lot of things confirmed and we didn't spend a second to obtain it, other than reading it, which we'd have to do anyway.
    Sorry I don't really keep up with whose posts I should take with a grain of salt or not, nor is that something I really care much about. Uh no people like Towelliee are just streamers. They can be pretend 'ambassadors' of WoW or journalists if they want, but I think most of us know quite well that isn't the case and they are just there to promote their brands and get people to their streams. I get the self-promotion bit but I don't like it when they step into things they shouldn't be involved with and we get half-asses things like those interviews.

Deleted
    Lol, nice way to disrespect REAL journalists...

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Sorry I don't really keep up with whose posts I should take with a grain of salt or not, nor is that something I really care much about. Uh no people like Towelliee are just streamers. They can be pretend 'ambassadors' of WoW or journalists if they want, but I think most of us know quite well that isn't the case and they are just there to promote their brands and get people to their streams. I get the self-promotion bit but I don't like it when they step into things they shouldn't be involved with and we get half-asses things like those interviews.
    I guess drilling them on one topic for 15 minutes because you want the hard stuff answered is better? Imagine if I had drilled them on one topic lets say droughts. Lets say I pushed liked REALLY hard. I now spent the only 15 minutes I have on one topic like BoS being BOP I would probably get slammed for that. "you could've asked more" "why did you continue to ask if they already gave answer" In last 5 years of being in this profession I learned that comments like these are what we will get all the time. Some people just don't like streamers I get it. I had 15 minutes and I had a group of questions from myself and my community that we wanted answers for. We got those answers and we were happy with them. As usual I will go hide in my sellout corner being the shill Blizzard guy
    Last edited by towelliee; 2016-06-11 at 01:19 PM.
    http://twitch.tv/towelliee TowelRapaport #WoWsheet

Quote Originally Posted by towelliee View Post
    I guess drilling them on one topic for 15 minutes because you want the hard stuff answered is better? Imagine if I had drilled them on one topic lets say droughts. Lets say I pushed liked REALLY hard. I now spent the only 15 minutes I have on one topic like BoS being BOP I would probably get slammed for that. "you could've asked more" "why did you continue to ask if they already gave answer" In last 5 years of being in this profession I learned that comments like these are what we will get all the time. Some people just don't like streamers I get it. I had 15 minutes and I had a group of questions from myself and my community that we wanted answers for. We got those answers and we were happy with them. As usual I will go hide in my sellout corner being the shill Blizzard guy
    Poor us undercover Blizzard employees, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow!

Can't believe some folks here are 'concerned' with Streamers not measuring up to their standards of interview techniques.

Chill out and let us people who appreciated the coverage enjoy it.

Thanks streamers, personalities, wow journos, whatever you want to call them, i enjoyed your coverage.
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long

As usual I will go hide in my sellout corner being the shill Blizzard guy
    At least you admitted it. People that stream to make money are a joke. Get a job.

Quote Originally Posted by Kakera View Post
    At least you admitted it. People that stream to make money are a joke. Get a job.
    Not to defend streamers or anything, but would you honestly get a 'real job' when you can make tons of money playing your favourite video games? 'Cause I surely wouldn't.

Please tell me how streamers fit the bill of being a journalist? Also found the toweliee subscriber.

This made me lol more than it should have, and I agree, hah!

"But muh donations, and subs!"

You are asking "what should I have done" and here's a thought:

You should strive to be interesting and valuable by yourself, independent of Blizzard and of any of their games. I know it looks like I am saying something trivially true, but bear with me for a second. If you were known for style, in-depth analysis, etc, and had a big following, it'd have been them interested in appearing in your channel, not you having them there. Then you'd be in a position to actually ask questions that are interesting to the public. And if you were good at the interview, it'd have made your power and influence grow further, and you'd be in an even better position to ask questions and get answers - real interesting answers to real interesting questions - in the next interviews. (And no, don't give me this 'I asked questions which were interesting to my audience', we both know that's BS and you were just redundant, they said what they would have said without your questions.)

Please note that I am not talking here about taking devs by the balls and barking at them for 15 minutes "why was WoD so bad??? why? why? why?" - no. I am talking about asking things like "guys, I had a look at professions and I have to say I don't completely understand why you are making BoS BOP <then during the back and forth touching on what exact problems this is causing, providing example solutions, and most of all piquing their reasoning and their solutions - maybe they are preparing something for the future to compensate, go ahead and find out what it is, etc, and if they don't, make them think about it and, yes, make them look bad and unprepared>". Or choose some other thing, there are tons of things to dig into.

Right now, even if you try doing something like that and do the necessary prep, they will just ignore you. Because it's you being interested in having them, not the other way around. Unless the balance shifts your way you will continue basically being a shill, like you write, and writing defensive posts on this forum. Again, sorry for being brutally blunt, but that's the truth.
    Last edited by rda; 2016-06-11 at 05:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    You are asking "what should I have done" and here's a thought:

You should strive to be interesting and valuable by yourself, independent of Blizzard and of any of their games. I know it looks like I am saying something trivially true, but bear with me for a second. If you were known for style, in-depth analysis, etc, and had a big following, it'd have been them interested in appearing in your channel, not you having them there. Then you'd be in a position to actually ask questions that are interesting to the public. And if you were good at the interview, it'd have made your power and influence grow further, and you'd be in an even better position to ask questions and get answers - real interesting answers to real interesting questions - in the next interviews. (And no, don't give me this 'I asked questions which were interesting to my audience', we both know that's BS and you were just redundant, they said what they would have said without your questions.)

Please note that I am not talking here about taking devs by the balls and barking at them for 15 minutes "why was WoD so bad??? why? why? why?" - no. I am talking about asking things like "guys, I had a look at professions and I have to say I don't completely understand why you are making BoS BOP <then during the back and forth touching on what exact problems this is causing, providing example solutions, and most of all piquing their reasoning and their solutions - maybe they are preparing something for the future to compensate, go ahead and find out what it is, etc, and if they don't, make them think about it and, yes, make them look bad and unprepared>". Or choose some other thing, there are tons of things to dig into.

Right now, even if you try doing something like that and do the necessary prep, they will just ignore you. Because it's you being interested in having them, not the other way around. Unless the balance shifts your way you will continue basically being a shill, like you write, and writing defensive posts on this forum. Again, sorry for being brutally blunt, but that's the truth.
    The problem with your entire view is that Blizzard does not need you. At all.

These interviews are not trying to reach a new audience. This isn't an actor coming on the Late Show to talk about his movie to let people know it is coming out who would otherwise be oblivious.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by lolbubble View Post
    Please tell me how streamers fit the bill of being a journalist? Also found the toweliee subscriber.

This made me lol more than it should have, and I agree, hah!

"But muh donations, and subs!"
    Somebody's butthurt over people earning money by playing/talking WoW... sad

Well, from Wiki:

A journalist is a person who collects, writes, or distributes news or other current information.
    Guess these guys fit in perfectly Look at FinalBossTV or Fatboss for example. They fit perfectly.

So what information did we get that we didnt already know?

was hyped to hear the possiblity of a prepatch date for 4 days, only to get nothing relevant. There will be a prepatch before the DH drops which is actually disappointing but at least i get to try out the changes on my older classes first
    Last edited by Rawfury; 2016-06-11 at 07:34 PM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawfury View Post
    So what information did we get that we didnt already know?

was hyped to hear the possiblity of a prepatch date for 4 days, only to get nothing relevant. There will be a prepatch before the DH drops which is actually disappointing but at least i get to try out the changes on my older classes first
    This, I am going through this info and trying to work out if we found out anything new. Did we?

Quote Originally Posted by Osinin View Post
    This, I am going through this info and trying to work out if we found out anything new. Did we?
    biggest news is the confirmation of 3 raid tiers and increased spacing between the 2 halves of the first tier.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Deleted
    Am I the only one that was a little underwhelmed?

Quote Originally Posted by Tidders View Post
    Am I the only one that was a little underwhelmed?
    Guess you didn't read the thread if you had to ask that.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    biggest news is the confirmation of 3 raid tiers and increased spacing between the 2 halves of the first tier.
    true, cheers

Towelliee, thank you very much for the information you've given the community. Not just you too, but Slootbag, Sparty and all the other cool cats that helped get this information to the rest of us. Some among this community really appreciate it!