Thread: Mafia #70: D&D

Page 60 of 85 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Razamith View Post
    How did you build up enough ki to attempt 3 kills on N2/N4/N6 (being a 3ki abilitiy and channel for 2)?.
    I wondered the same thing but if I were to guess he gains one each night or something and meditated the first night and thus gained 3.

However, him claiming a killer role who killed a scum means he's either unaffiliated scum now in their crosshairs or he's telling the truth or that there's a TPR out there whose kill he claimed and who could counterclaim him. And thus we shouldn't lynch him at this point.

Unvote

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    That he needs a haircut.

Otherwise i don't know, he is one of those players that is on the peripherals really. His claim and shit was odd, at the same time as I mentioned to Dendrek he was trying to spare Arialla at least, and very early in the day. So right now he is getting a bit of a pass I spose. Also, Imma just go with

Vote: Kryllian
    I guess my own view is a bit clouded on him. I always think he appears as scum.

I call it the Kurenai-effect.

10+ Year Old Account
    How did you build up enough ki to attempt 3 kills on N2/N4/N6 (being a 3ki abilitiy and channel for 2)? So as a town with survival skills you went all out on "vig killing"? It would also mean that we're missing another "scum" kill N2 and N6 [to make both N6], unless we consider 1 scum faction and N3/N4 are yet more mechanic kills by them. I'm scared to imagine a single large mafia with a litany of abilities to choose from and multiple kills.
    So where i stand is i put moderate chance of scum on you. That still doesn't mean i get warm fuzzies to the starter people (especially if 2 scum faction theory holds) {well, maybe it would help crackle's image}, but i'm willing to support this lynch currently. I'm not 100% settled though and need to re-read some context of you closer, but currently would end day on you.
    Personally I'm more of the belief we do have one large scum but as you seem to think I could be the second scum I don't expect that to mean a lot. Every town so far seems to have some kind of ability.

As for the key, like I said I don't want to reveal exactly how I get Ki because it could be useful to reveal later but would do nothing right now. But one thing I'll reiterate maybe in more detail a bit is that on paper my role should not have had as much ki as I have ended up with, and I didn't expect it either I've just gotten quite lucky with one of my ki building mechanics.

As for the vigi/survival choice yes, apart from the nights I spent channeling ki and examining my rock. (takes all my focus to examine the rock) I made the choice to go after people I thought were suspicious, was right on Celtic, wrong on Dranx, we'll see on Crackle I guess since it failed. The reason for this is since day 1 I've been getting votes and people throwing mild suspicion at me, while doing nothing of much to attract anyones attention as a tpr etc so I figured chances of me being NKd were slim. Going forward though they may be less slim since they now know I can and have killed them.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arialla View Post
    Vote Kryllian

Was seen that night, hasn't offered any explanation.

- - - Updated - - -

I haven't offered an explanation because I wasn't asked and I didn't want to give scum any more information until I have to unlike some people who jumped at the chance to claim a roll without prompting...

I'm a Wizard of the Divining type. Think Professor Trewlaney from the HP books. My skills are about as useful. I was using my "Read Minds" ability that night to attempt to determine someones class. It will tell me what they are but not what their skills are or their alignment which means in this game...not much unless someone claimed one role but I read their minds as another. I've done this a total of three times and only been successful twice making me think the unsuccessful attempt I was either blocked or they are immune (which makes me wonder if they are a scum godfather). I've been alternating between that skill and another one that also is used to give me vague information.
    Last edited by Kryllian; 2016-06-11 at 03:00 PM. Reason: fixed quote that I cut off

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryllian View Post
    I haven't offered an explanation because I wasn't asked and I didn't want to give scum any more information until I have to unlike some people who jumped at the chance to claim a roll without prompting...

I'm a Wizard of the Divining type. Think Professor Trewlaney from the HP books. My skills are about as useful. I was using my "Read Minds" ability that night to attempt to determine someones class. It will tell me what they are but not what their skills are or their alignment which means in this game...not much unless someone claimed one role but I read their minds as another. I've done this a total of three times and only been successful twice making me think the unsuccessful attempt I was either blocked or they are immune (which makes me wonder if they are a scum godfather). I've been alternating between that skill and another one that also is used to give me vague information.
    I am now incredibly curious to know what you have been told. C'mon Sybill, share when the Dark Lord will rise next with the rest of the class.

Quote Originally Posted by Anakso View Post
    Personally I'm more of the belief we do have one large scum but as you seem to think I could be the second scum I don't expect that to mean a lot. Every town so far seems to have some kind of ability.

As for the key, like I said I don't want to reveal exactly how I get Ki because it could be useful to reveal later but would do nothing right now. But one thing I'll reiterate maybe in more detail a bit is that on paper my role should not have had as much ki as I have ended up with, and I didn't expect it either I've just gotten quite lucky with one of my ki building mechanics.

As for the vigi/survival choice yes, apart from the nights I spent channeling ki and examining my rock. (takes all my focus to examine the rock) I made the choice to go after people I thought were suspicious, was right on Celtic, wrong on Dranx, we'll see on Crackle I guess since it failed. The reason for this is since day 1 I've been getting votes and people throwing mild suspicion at me, while doing nothing of much to attract anyones attention as a tpr etc so I figured chances of me being NKd were slim. Going forward though they may be less slim since they now know I can and have killed them.
    Why'd you try to kill Crackle over me when you seem dead sure I am scum?

10+ Year Old Account

Since the information is useless is there a reason you didn't reveal the class you found?

7+ Year Old Account
    While this is similar to something i've said a few times previous days, my opinion/logic says i cannot assume Dendrek and Xanjori are also non-red, due to the fact i publicly brought up the theory D5 when i was visited by orb that it was equally or more likely to be scum controlled and the 4 people visited were all town, so celtic could have sent to a teammate afterward to "give cred" especially by sending the same message that was already publicly known. This is just for this specific reason/event.
    OK now I'm on the same page as you. Wifom be crazy.

Catta has some pretty convincing arguments about why Anakso should not be the lynch for today.
    Mafia History

Mafia 2/2 | Town 6/9 | SK/Cult 1/2

Well i guess i gotta reveal my other hidden reasoning too. Anakso is my counterpart, monk. His abilities ring similar to mine but function differently. He says he's surprised there would be two town killers? Well if he's telling the truth there are 3. I can kill with one of my ki abilities -- i almost used it on uggor (obviously would have been wrong), allowyn, robo, and considered kuri pre-claim-day (wrong again). But i didn't choose to use it, and I may have been the reason (targeted) for missing kills previous nights (used protection). My abilities are different [but similar theme], have different costs, and i build differently.

If i believe anakso then there are two town monks, three [or more] town kills (kuri even had 2 ways to kill), and either one large scum team or 5+ missing NKs.

I also met my bonus win condition quite a while ago. It doesn't stop me from getting a town win too. I was the only "gold" winner in danner's game i want to be double win in this one too!

-----

Anakso, your reply sounds reasonable, but if you spent a night examining the rock also that's even 2 less ki plus your base mechanics, so your ki generation would have dwarfed mine. I could buy cattas/your thought of if there is one big red mafia with no 3p I have to readjust ALL my reads, and afraid of what that'd mean for town to act on faith of that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since the information is useless is there a reason you didn't reveal the class you found?
    Probably because he figured they were town? Or he has a third party agenda. Either way as Raza ask "How did you build up enough ki to attempt 3 kills on N2/N4/N6 (being a 3ki abilitiy and channel for 2)"?

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm trying to look back in posts to confirm but I don't believe that any of them have made a claim yet so I'm hoping to catch them, but at this point I guess that's pretty useless as well because they can just claim their roles.

Catta is a Warlock
    Raza is a Monk
    Senna is unreadable (hence my distrust)

I'm trying to look back in posts to confirm but I don't believe that any of them have made a claim yet so I'm hoping to catch them, but at this point I guess that's pretty useless as well because they can just claim their roles.

Catta is a Warlock
    Raza is a Monk
    Warlock of the Fey to be exact

7+ Year Old Account

Catta is a Warlock
    Raza is a Monk
    What night did you try to read me?
    Mafia History

Mafia 2/2 | Town 6/9 | SK/Cult 1/2

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Catta View Post
    Why'd you try to kill Crackle over me when you seem dead sure I am scum?
    Crackle was also a bit suspicious, my suspicion is growing on you. As I said before I'm not dead sure, and I'd be okay with a Crackle vote just see that as less likely. When I'm suspicious of multiple people I tend to pick the one least likely to be lynched as the kill, like Celtic who would have been very difficult to lynch. Crackles not the hardest person to lynch but I think more people have suspicion of you than him.

My suspicion of you is actually more now than before largely for the sudden robo push when you as a lynch target was brought up, he's been in the same boat for a long time and the push came at such a convenient time for you, then rather than falling on you even so much as to put a bit of pressure on you it seems to have gone to me afterwards. Everytime it seems you're brought up as a possible lynch there is a sudden push on someone else. I know people tried to throw suspicion on me for starting the Kurenai lynch day 1 like I could predict 5 people would immediately follow me when that never happens, but I was as weirded out by it as anyone. We know at least one of those people were scum, and another is Crackle, and that too came at a very convenient time for you.

10+ Year Old Account

Catta is a Warlock
    Raza is a Monk
    So, if we lynch Catta and he turns out to be scum this will hilariously fuck with everyone's ideals of what classes should be affiliationwise. (mine included). Because the last warlock was Celtic who I had no idea what to brand and he turned out to be sus as fuck. And one would think 'warlock' is a scummy role.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Catta View Post
    Warlock of the Fey to be exact
    Yes Warlock of the Fey and Monk of the Open hand. I investigated Senna on the last night phase.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Allowyn View Post
    Probably because he figured they were town? Or he has a third party agenda. Either way as Raza ask "How did you build up enough ki to attempt 3 kills on N2/N4/N6 (being a 3ki abilitiy and channel for 2)"?
    Could you at least acknowledge that you've read what I've said about it, but for the record:
    I also met my bonus win condition quite a while ago. It doesn't stop me from getting a town win too. I was the only "gold" winner in danner's game i want to be double win in this one too!
    I have also met my bonus win condition, and that's why I have had so much ki. (The condition its self didn't give me the ki just what the condition is which is something that gives me ki.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Could you at least acknowledge that you've read what I've said about it
    That's great for you and I totally did. But it's not a good enough answer to me. I mean what, Large built rage by town kills or whatever he said for his ability, and even though he turned out scum I imagine it wouldn't have turned out too different considering he didn't lie about the Barbarian class part? (This would be easier if we got some damned role cards! Dagnabbit!) But yeah I wanna know exactly how you built ki.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anakso, your reply sounds reasonable, but if you spent a night examining the rock also that's even 2 less ki plus your base mechanics, so your ki generation would have dwarfed mine. I could buy cattas/your thought of if there is one big red mafia with no 3p I have to readjust ALL my reads, and afraid of what that'd mean for town to act on faith of that.
    The ki generate ability was an additional source of ki in addition to the other ways (multiple) that I generate ki, it was just a 2shot ability that I used n1 and n3 so I got 4 ki from it, but that has nothing to do with my normal ki generation. The rock I spent examining because I didn't want to use any ki that night to have more the following night.

As for the faction stuff, if there is 2 mafia factions I'd really question where all the kills are. It seems there are multiple town roles with kills but all limited, my own role as I've said should have been more limited than it was it's just luck that it wasn't.

Wow i missed that whole kryllian thing when i was writing up my reveal, which is highly coincidental and a bit unsettling I was part of it.

So, if we lynch Catta and he turns out to be scum this will hilariously fuck with everyone's ideals of what classes should be affiliationwise. (mine included). Because the last warlock was Celtic who I had no idea what to brand and he turned out to be sus as fuck. And one would think 'warlock' is a scummy role.
    I disagree somewhat. Very few if any classes in D&D are inherently evil. Necros can be good, warlocks only have to be chaotic, rogues are easily any alignment, etc. Pally/anti-pally are two of the few exceptions. My theory is ret/danner would also not be so formulaic as to put exactly one of each scum/town pair exactly, but wouldn't be surprised if that was the theme and there's only a few exceptions. Druids & wizards (unspecialized) seem to have proven otherwise, and nothing says two of a class cant be both scum either. Senna claiming a third rogue and "undetermined" by kryll is a bit interesting though. Its all unreliable as the pattern doesn't hold, but i'm not ignoring it either.

Yes Warlock of the Fey and Monk of the Open hand. I investigated Senna on the last night phase.
    This proves kryll has this ability as yes that is my exact class name. This doesn't prove his alignment. We clearly have no "cop" roles this game explicitly (much like danner's mmmm game) so i have to wonder if this info is more valuable to scum to know who may be more dangerous to kill, or to town to catch someone in a claim lie.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's great for you and I totally did. But it's not a good enough answer to me. I mean what, Large built rage by town kills or whatever he said for his ability, and even though he turned out scum I imagine it wouldn't have turned out too different considering he didn't lie about the Barbarian class part? (This would be easier if we got some damned role cards! Dagnabbit!) But yeah I wanna know exactly how you built ki.
    I'll reveal slightly more if it pleases you. I Get 1 ki every night, and another ki for reasons I won't disclose but those reasons don't have to happen and it's not something I can rely on or even expect, it just so happens I have gotten that extra ki every night. So my ki generation looked something like this.

N0- 0 ki
    N1 - 1ki, used channel ki
    N2 - 5ki. (1ki from previous night, 1 ki from this night, 2 ki from generation, 1ki from my other thing for the previous night)

The 2ki generation is over now as I've used both 2shots of it and although I've been lucky getting my 1ki every night but can't count on it going forward so basically my role at its core can get a 40% kill every 3 Nights or boost that up to 80% if I want to wait 6nights.