Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    Ironically enough I'm pretty sure one reviewer drew that comparison. Whether you like it or not, the film is just a rushed collection of scenes as opposed to a properly fleshed out story. There's problems right from the story, characterisation and final edit of this film. I went with a few friends who knew nothing about Warcraft and they were thoroughly confused about what the hell was happening. I've read the books multiple times and was aware of what was going on but it was extremely irritating to see the film just jump from one place to the other because it had to adhere to a specific length. All the characterisation was dropped in exchange for action. Never a good move since as a viewer it's difficult to give a shit about said action.
    Could someboy please write a disclaimer mentioning that this movie effectively misses 40 minutes and nothing was dropped for something else, it was just dropped for a shorter runtime?
    Last edited by Nightstalker; 2016-06-11 at 03:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Shady View Post
    Yea it definitely won't beat FF7, estimated 200M$ end next week, hope the fans from China will rewatch it)
    hold your horses, breh

This week is not over and we are talking about end of next week?

Numbers are still very good just not great anymore.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    It's still possible, F7 opening week was $182M and Warcraft drop was actually lower than expected.
    Warcraft didn't reach so well general audience and it was frontloaded in China

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by daywalker02 View Post
    hold your horses, breh

This week is not over and we are talking about end of next week?

Numbers are still very good just not great anymore.
    It wasn't me that predicted this numbers but some other more experienced people, and I wish that it'll do better

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

It wasn't me that predicted this numbers but some other more experienced people, and I wish that it'll do better
    Those experienced people have been wrong quite a bit concerning Warcrafts success.

Deleted
    Cool, it can reach $500 millions total which should be more than enough for a sequel (remember, Pacific Rim had a $190 millions budget, earned only $411 millions, and it's getting a sequel).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aori View Post
    Those experienced people have been wrong quite a bit concerning Warcrafts success.
    The predicted 120-150M$ ow in China so I think it's quite accurate, better be surprised than disappointed and 200M$ were for 2 weeks not total gross

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Axphism View Post
    The look on Doomhammers face when Durotan was being killed by Gul'dan felt really powerful to me too. You could tell he knew what Durotan was trying to do, but he was struggling not to intervene. Pretty great scene if you ask me.
    I found interesting the way Orgrim nodded as he watched Durotan raise up to his feet again. He clearly looked conflicted but clearly full of admiration for what his friend was attempting to do.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkArchon View Post
    Some people have much less standards and are pleased a lot easier then i am, i've come to accept this over the years. There is no excuse for paper thin characters and under developed ones with the rich lore WoW has to offer it's that simple.
    Ah, another genius claiming to have "higher standards" just to not say "I like my own tastes better".

If you were even barely competent as you hilariously claim to be you would have grasped most of the virtues and flaws the majority of the "fair" critics around spotted in regards of this movie. All I have read however is borderline nonsense, a lot of wordy arguments with no substance at all. You're no critic, you're just a fan pissed for not getting the characters/stories you wanted. Nothing more than that.

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    I'm sure you could have done it better.
    When all you have to do is talk, oh, how everyone is better at everything. I mean, it's incredible! All that wasted talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    If they do a squeal, I honestly hope it's not about Orcs. There's so many other, more interesting characters and stories. I'm sick of Orcs in the game and I'm sick of them in the movie.

I don't even know why they felt the need to start from the beginning of the story for the movie.
    I'm not seeing this turn into 8 or so movies, so trying to make sure there's an order to the stories seems rather pointless. Pick some of the best and most popular ones and go from there.

Orcs and Humans are the most boring part.
    That's absurd. It's fairly obvious the sequel will be a continuation of the storyline presented in this movie, not a nonsensical jump to something having no connection at all with what they set up.

You shouldn't film movies expecting 0 sequels or 10 sequels, if you have a trilogy in mind (which is exactly what Duncan Jones has in his) you should focus on telling a solid and organic story reaching a satisfying conclusion. What you propose is a bit of a mess.

When doing in a movie based on a book or game, you're also trying to appeal to an audience that hasn't heard about it. It's iconic to fans of Warcraft, but you're not just selling a movie to fans.
    Which is ironic, it's the fans who complain about Orcs and Humans and wants the "cool shit" asap. The general audience has no clue about Arthas, Illidan and Sylvanas. All you need to hook them up is a good story and this movie has a good story, just poorly told due to all the cuts and fucked up editing.

Making millions doesn't make it a good movie. I'll take quailty or quantity. Hell, look at Michael Bay movies. Most are utter shit but do well at the box office, so he's able to keep milking out more equally shit sequels. People see it for the eye candy CGI effects and the primary school dialogue.
    Sorry, but you're simply projecting your own tastes in the discussion. You don't like the "Orcs vs Humans" theme, the movie focus just on that, the movie is bashed by certain critics and you make a convenient connection that the movie is "low quality" because it focused on something you don't like.

Well, the flaws acknowledged by fair critics and the bashing received by clickbaiters have nothing to do with "Orcs vs Humans" being a boring story, that's just your opinion. Read any of those reviews and see if you find anything about "Orcs and Humans" specifically being a "boring" theme. At most you'll find half-assed comparisons with Lord of the Rings, but let's not pretend that an Arthas movie wouldn't have been degraded to a fantasy Star Wars copy by those very critics.

Filmmaking is a thing, your tastes are another. Don't get me wrong, I get from you come from, I totally do. But, as fans, we need to keep these aspects separate if we want to offer the most objective judgement possible.
    Last edited by Zulkhan; 2016-06-11 at 03:37 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Deleted
    With a lower drop than expected. Yes, it will be hard, but we are talking about $40M in 2 days.
    Last edited by mmoc516e31a976; 2016-06-11 at 03:36 PM.

Deleted
    That was pretty fast...

- - - Updated - - -

DVD and merchandise sale will save it.

It is listed at 288 Million world wide and Mojo still has a long way to go to get all the numbers from those smaller markets

Just a question, the full number (which we hope to be $500m) is that only counting cinema views? Or is that also when the movie comes out on dvd and blu-ray?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Which is ironic, it's the fans who complain about Orcs and Humans and wants the "cool shit" asap. The general audience has no clue about Arthas, Illidan and Sylvanas. All you need to hook them up is a good story and this movie has a good story, just poorly told due to all the cuts and fucked up editing.
    That's what I don't get, the general audience is somewhat confused with the simplest Warcraft story of them all, "Orcs & Humans, and some fans are expecting that Arthas would be a better story? What? I can't even grasp how fit the Arthas story in one movie, even less with all the background needed to explain the small things.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tornwar View Post
    Just a question, the full number (which we hope to be $500m) is that only counting cinema views? Or is that also when the movie comes out on dvd and blu-ray?
    It's everything. Tickets, merch, DVD and blu-ray and TV deals.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    That's what I don't get, the general audience is somewhat confused with the simplest Warcraft story of them all, "Orcs & Humans, and some fans are expecting that Arthas would be a better story? What? I can't even grasp how fit the Arthas story in one movie, even less with all the background needed to explain the small things.
    Some fans wanted them to just start with Arthas and I am just sitting here like... how would that do any better? Then people woudn't know anything of the world or the backstory of the war between the orcs and humans. If they are even a part of that story

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by daywalker02 View Post
    DVD and merchandise sale will save it.

It is listed at 288 Million world wide and Mojo still has a long way to go to get all the numbers from those smaller markets
    I think this is est WW China 145M US10M Eu+others 133M

Quote Originally Posted by Aori View Post
    Define success.

Every market has their own rules.

While DVD sale, PPV and TV deals are still huge in the US and domestically, DVD sale is not relevant in countries like China where pure Box office numbers do the trick.

People watch downloaded goods. Chinese buy merchandise like clothes, products though

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a bit confused. Didn't the movie manage to get about 30 millions USD in the US not far behind the Conjuring 2 according to some article, or did I get this wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Tornwar View Post
    I bet it is just Box office numbers and I bet blue ray and merchandise sale will cover a lot of their expenses.

But even if they won't reach $500m, do you guys think they won't do a sequel? Its still money and chances are the next movie might do better because more people know about the universe now. Heck a ton of general audience (or rather, friends of fans who went and watch it together) want a sequel badly

10+ Year Old Account
    Saw the movie for the second time yesterday, and it honestly felt like such a better movie.
    The first time I was sort of let down, I thought it was cool but didn´t have any connection with the characters, didn´t like the music that much and obviously the pacing made me dizzy in some parts. The movie is still flawed, but damn I was a lot more immersed this time. I liked the music, I connected with the characters and everything seemed to make more sense because the abnormally fast pacing didn´t threw me off during the second viewing.

I really, really hope it does well enough to warrant a sequel, or at least a director´s cut / extended edition.
    Please go see it a second time guys, for me it was quite the eye opener.
    What is worth fighting for?