Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Death Knight View Post
    I'm a bit confused. Didn't the movie manage to get about 30 millions USD in the US not far behind the Conjuring 2 according to some article, or did I get this wrong?
    predicted for OW yes, 10M is for Friday+MN screenings

I'm a bit confused. Didn't the movie manage to get about 30 millions USD in the US not far behind the Conjuring 2 according to some article, or did I get this wrong?
    That was the weekend prediction for 3 days fr/sat/sun.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    If they do a squeal, I honestly hope it's not about Orcs. There's so many other, more interesting characters and stories. I'm sick of Orcs in the game and I'm sick of them in the movie.

I don't even know why they felt the need to start from the beginning of the story for the movie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I think they should do an Illidan sequel first then The Lich King.
    I'm so happy you are not in charge of these movies because you opinions are basically the exact opposite of mine. At some point during the development of this film over the last 10 years there was talk about them making a movie set in the time period between Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne and World of Warcraft, because "that's when the franchise became popular". Not only that they were supposedly thinking about coming up with a whole new character to serve as protagonist just for the movie, who would be a "badass human character that is not Varian Wrynn". I was so bummed out about that. The idea sucked so much. Then on comes Duncan Jones and all of a sudden they have totally thrown out that idea and went the exact direction I was hoping for: telling it from the beginning. I'm so happy that they did that. Of course they didn't need to do it. But if I had been the one doing it that's what I would've WANTED to do. Obviously Duncan Jones' wanted that too. It makes so much sense, too. That's where the story started, then it built from that - forwards and backwards.

Also, and I'm sure you have loads of great ideas about other things, but your ideas for sequels to this movie also sucks - in my respectfully subjective opinion. It would really suck if they chose to do that. Fortunately I think the likelihood of that is very slim. Duncan Jones seems set to do a trilogy of films that tells a coherent story in three parts. And so this is what I believe he will be doing in terms of the trilogy, and I would be so happy should that be the case:

1: The story from Warcraft I: Orcs & Humans (the Orcs invading Azeroth)
    2: The story from Warcraft II: Tides of Darkness (the Humans fighting back and the Orc's ending up in internment camps, excluding the expansion Tides of Darkness set on Draenor)
    3: Some of the story from Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos (the part of it that involves Thrall freeing his people and leading them to their new home in Kalimdor, excluding the rest including Arthas and the Lordaeron stuff)

These 3 makes sense as a coherent story of the Orc's finding a new home and liberating themselves for the Horde as well as telling the origin of the strife between the Alliance and the Horde, with Orgrim as being the most central character seeing seen on the trilogy as a whole, although he will only be the main protagonist in film 2, as in the first he was a supporting character to Durotan and in the third he will pass the mantle of Warchief of the Horde to Durotan's son, Thrall, and die. And Lothar of course will die in the next movie. I would he so happy if they did this trilogy. Love Orcs!

What I would hope for next would be a sequel trilogy that would tell another coherent story in three parts. This trilogy would be much darker in tone than the first. It would be the story of the birth of the Lich King! Like this:

4: The story from Warcraft II: Beyond the Dark Portal (set on the other side of the Dark Portal with different characters than those that are in movies 1-3 this movie would tell the first half of the origin story of the Lich King, the story of Ner'zhul who becomes the first incarnation of the Lich King at the very end of the movie.)
    5: Some of the story from Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos (mainly the part that involves Lordaeron and Arthas, as this would be the other half of the origin story of the Lich King in the form of introducing us to Arthas, though we'd probably have to include the Illidan stuff as well).
    6: Some of the story from Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne (the Arthas parts in Lordaeron and Northrend, the Lich King as we know him is born in the end).

I expect and believe that this is roughly what the current thinking is over there in terms of their vision of the future of the Warcraft Cinematic Universe is. I think beyond this they wouldn't have much of a vision at this point, but I would hope it would continue like this. Hollywood likes trilogies, so I believe they would continue to try to break out stories that would work as a trilogy of films. And so the next three films could potentially be centered around Illidan like so:

7: War of the Ancients
    8: Some of the story from Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne (the Illidan and Kael'thas parts)
    9: The story from World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade.

After that it is even more open-ended in terms of what they choose to do, but it could be a story with Bolvar as the main protagonist and Nefarian as the main antagonist, like so:

10: Stories from classic World of Warcraf: Katrana Prestor/Onyxia as the main antagonist of the movie, with her brother Nefarian appearing in some scenes with Onyxia as a minor power-behind-the-scenes type of antagonist, plotting over control of Stormwind, abduction of Varian Wrynn by the Defias Brotherhood by the orders of Onyxia, Bolvar as the main protagonist who eventually secures the rescue of Varian Wrynn and pursues Onyxia in her lair. I'd throw in Brann Bronzebeard and some other characters as supporting characters alongisde Bolvar to replace us as the "champions of Azeroth".
    11: With the King of Stormwind restored to the throne Bolvar and Brann heads over to Ironforge to aid the King there instead, and sets out on a quest to rescue Moria Bronzebeard, a captive of the Dark Iron Clan headed by Emperor Thaurissian (main antagonist) that serves Ragnaros, located in Blackrock Mountain where Nefarian as the head of the Black Dragonflight is in war versus Ragnaros over control of the Mountain. Known at the time as Victor Nefarius, Lord of Blackrock, disguised as a human, Bolvar and Brann seeks his aide in their rescue quest. He aides them in return for their support in helping defeat Ragnaros, and so dwarves and orcs unite under Bolvar, Brann and Rend Blackhand to rescue Moria and defeat Ragnaros. Back in Ironforge the head of the Red Dragonflight arrives in the throne room just as the party returns with Moria to the King, and the true identity of the Lord of Blackrock is revealed as Vaelastrasz has come to warn the mortal nations of Azeroth of the evil that is about to be unleashed upon them.
    12: With Ragnaros defeated and Victor Nefarius (main antagonist) having been exposed as Nefarian there is now an impending assault coming on the Red Dragonflight as well as the mortal nations of the world. And so Bolvar, Brann and Vaelastrasz must head back to Blackrock Mountain to defeat the Dark Horde and the Black Dragonflight.

Once they catch up with the story and reach World of Warcraft the guesses of what they will do becomes harder as there are so much they could build stories around. The stories from the RTS games is much easier to imagine how they will be adapted for the big screen. But I would like the above very much.

Damn that became a much longer post than I intended.. all in all, I remain hopeful for the future of the Warcraft Cinematic Universe.

Strangely media is all ecstatic and freaked out about Conjuring 2 making probably over 90 million overall.

Oh wow, everyone get on the horror genre bandwagon.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarc View Post
    I'm so happy you are not in charge of these movies because ...
    is what you could say about 95% of those wishes for the next movies. Just complete the WC 1-3 Story-Arc and get to a LK 2 parter with maybe a connected Illidan movie. That's enough. Otherwise the franchise is just dead because of the time it takes to make too many of those movies without oversaturating the market like Marvel/Disney set out to do. I really hope the superhero genre takes a nosedive at the box office in the next years.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightstalker View Post
    is what you could say about 95% of those wishes for the next movies. Just complete the WC 1-3 Story-Arc and get to a LK 2 parter with maybe a connected Illidan movie. That's enough. Otherwise the franchise is just dead because of the time it takes to make too many of those movies without oversaturating the market like Marvel/Disney set out to do. I really hope the superhero genre takes a nosedive at the box office in the next years.
    See now you know why soooo many people are wishing WoW would die and always bring up the "WoW killer". Its because many are sick and tire of it or hearing of it. As a Fan of WoW and Superhero's, I love all the superhero movies and can't wait till DC bring their A game like Marvel even tho Marvel is kicking DC's butt right now.
    Last edited by Kioshi; 2016-06-11 at 03:46 PM.

I hate players that suck at WoW, But I also hate wanna be elitist who barely down normal raid and said that the game is too easy...... yea show me you mythic achivement before you say its too easy otherwise move along scum, because I heard wildstar need you.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Shady View Post
    I think this is est WW China 145M US10M Eu+others 133M
    I have been to European countries where a movie with average sales could stay in cinemas for as long as 2 or 3 months.

In some of the territories.

I am not sure that still happens (they just keep reducing showtimes)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kioshi View Post
    See now you know why soooo many people are wishing WoW would die and always bring up the "WoW killer".
    Except that Blizzard didn't saturated the market with dozens MMOs (NCsoft did), just one that is very successful. Apples and oranges.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hehe. Found this gif kind of amusing.

https://twitter.com/ClaytonjJa/statu...13438422507522

- - - Updated - - -

See now you know why soooo many people are wishing WoW would die and always bring up the "WoW killer". Its because many are sick and tire of it or hearing of it. As a Fan of WoW and Superhero's, I love all the superhero movies.
    That is a bit ironic considering that consumers feel like Blizzard do not release their WoW content fast enough when it comes to their expansions.

See now you know why soooo many people are wishing WoW would die and always bring up the "WoW killer". Its because many are sick and tire of it or hearing of it.
    The Superhero genre pushes away dozens if not 100s of (original) movies/ideas from the market. The mmo genre is basically slowly dying and WoW stays relatively sucessful while the rest is just desperate attempts of creating the same stuff to be just as successful instead of making something new.
    Last edited by Nightstalker; 2016-06-11 at 03:48 PM.

I actually work in the industry (Accountant, not actor or producer unfortunately) and I think its safe to say at this point the Studio is breathing a huge sigh of relief. The Warcraft Movie is not going to be the "Battlefield Earth" flop that many were predicting, in fact the buzz is that its safely out of flop territory and into "modest success" territory. The latest numbers I've seen are predicting $500-$600 million worldwide general release gross, which will easily make back the production cost, then everything beyond that (DVD, Netflix etc.) will be pure profit ($750-800 million when all is said and done). I'm guessing a sequal will definitely soon get the green light....

Deleted
    How much is Warcraft supposed to make to call in a sequel??

Quote Originally Posted by Dervrak View Post
    I actually work in the industry (Accountant, not actor or producer unfortunately) and I think its safe to say at this point the Studio is breathing a huge sigh of relief. The Warcraft Movie is not going to be the "Battlefield Earth" flop that many were predicting, in fact the buzz is that its safely out of flop territory and into "modest success" territory. The latest numbers I've seen are predicting $500-$600 million worldwide general release gross, which will easily make back the production cost, then everything beyond that (DVD, Netflix etc.) will be pure profit ($750-800 million when all is said and done). I'm guessing a sequal will definitely soon get the green light....
    thanks for the info

10+ Year Old Account
    That is interesting. Do you happen to have some sources that you are able to share which could help confirm this? Because if it is true, that is really good news.

Box office predictions were dead on. Headlines read, "Conjuring 2 scares up #1 spot, Warcraft spoils at #2 spot" as reported by Forbes, Box Office Mojo, Deadline Box Office and, Movie Math and Box Office Pro. Facebook tracking for Warcraft is about 1/3 of The Conjuring 2 with Now You See Me 2 having a much larger spike in coverage comparatively (2nd rank actually).

Code:
    Warcraft‘s industry forecasts have simmered down from their mid-day hype to an estimated $25.7M opening weekend in second place, which indicates that advance ticket sales combined with a decent $3.1M Thursday were throwing estimates wildly upward. Yes, that’s an awful domestic opening for a film that cost $160M, but the Universal-Legendary co-production was built to reap the majority of its cost back from China where close to half of the game’s 5.6M fans reside.
    BTT and WTF are claiming the film's appeal to foreign markets is deliberate and reflective of the poor US marketing. Which was also leveraged against Kung-Fu Panda 3.

Legendary is lowering their gross estimates for Warcraft according to Variety.

glad to hear!!!

As for not showing the Fel being offered to gul'dan i wonder if that was done to build a mystery to it, like in warcraft I you didn't know why they were taking only later did we learn how the Fel came to the orcs. Could be a flash back / story telling scene in the next movie showing it. I will say though that SW not falling was sadly disapointing but expected. I would have loved for the final seen to be the humans fleeing stormwind harbor. Heck they had an awesome chance to show it when the portal to SW Was open had the horde managed to use it vs the humans. I'm guessing blizz/Duncan didn't think people would react well to SW burning to the ground as the average person probably doesn't know it happened.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Deleted
    If they expected to do poorly on the US and well Worldwide, imo that's just confirming that the sequel (prolly a trilogy even) are already on the rails. They are just waiting to be sure of the gross for few weeks before greelighting it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Shady View Post
    The predicted 120-150M$ ow in China so I think it's quite accurate, better be surprised than disappointed and 200M$ were for 2 weeks not total gross
    It is really strange because the other titles like Xmen or Alice have not been blessed with better numbers either, actually worse. There were less movie goers than before within 1 or 2 days

And I think that has to do with something like staying home watching Euro or something else, I mean it is not like China has a rival like

Conjuring 2 all of a sudden (Conjuring 2 probably not making it in China anyway, only Now you see me 2 in 3 weeks)

So the rival is another form of entertainment.
    Last edited by daywalker02; 2016-06-11 at 04:01 PM.

Deleted
    Thanks for the data.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarc View Post
    I'm so happy you are not in charge of these movies because you opinions are basically the exact opposite of mine. At some point during the development of this film over the last 10 years there was talk about them making a movie set in the time period between Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne and World of Warcraft, because "that's when the franchise became popular". Not only that they were supposedly thinking about coming up with a whole new character to serve as protagonist just for the movie, who would be a "badass human character that is not Varian Wrynn". I was so bummed out about that. The idea sucked so much. Then on comes Duncan Jones and all of a sudden they have totally thrown out that idea and went the exact direction I was hoping for: telling it from the beginning. I'm so happy that they did that. Of course they didn't need to do it. But if I had been the one doing it that's what I would've WANTED to do. Obviously Duncan Jones' wanted that too. It makes so much sense, too. That's where the story started, then it built from that - forwards and backwards.

Also, and I'm sure you have loads of great ideas about other things, but your ideas for sequels to this movie also sucks - in my respectfully subjective opinion. It would really suck if they chose to do that. Fortunately I think the likelihood of that is very slim. Duncan Jones seems set to do a trilogy of films that tells a coherent story in three parts. And so this is what I believe he will be doing in terms of the trilogy, and I would be so happy should that be the case:

1: The story from Warcraft I: Orcs & Humans (the Orcs invading Azeroth)
    2: The story from Warcraft II: Tides of Darkness (the Humans fighting back and the Orc's ending up in internment camps, excluding the expansion Tides of Darkness set on Draenor)
    3: Some of the story from Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos (the part of it that involves Thrall freeing his people and leading them to their new home in Kalimdor, excluding the rest including Arthas and the Lordaeron stuff)

These 3 makes sense as a coherent story of the Orc's finding a new home and liberating themselves for the Horde as well as telling the origin of the strife between the Alliance and the Horde, with Orgrim as being the most central character seeing seen on the trilogy as a whole, although he will only be the main protagonist in film 2, as in the first he was a supporting character to Durotan and in the third he will pass the mantle of Warchief of the Horde to Durotan's son, Thrall, and die. And Lothar of course will die in the next movie. I would he so happy if they did this trilogy. Love Orcs!

What I would hope for next would be a sequel trilogy that would tell another coherent story in three parts. This trilogy would be much darker in tone than the first. It would be the story of the birth of the Lich King! Like this:

4: The story from Warcraft II: Beyond the Dark Portal (set on the other side of the Dark Portal with different characters than those that are in movies 1-3 this movie would tell the first half of the origin story of the Lich King, the story of Ner'zhul who becomes the first incarnation of the Lich King at the very end of the movie.)
    5: Some of the story from Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos (mainly the part that involves Lordaeron and Arthas, as this would be the other half of the origin story of the Lich King in the form of introducing us to Arthas, though we'd probably have to include the Illidan stuff as well).
    6: Some of the story from Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne (the Arthas parts in Lordaeron and Northrend, the Lich King as we know him is born in the end).

I expect and believe that this is roughly what the current thinking is over there in terms of their vision of the future of the Warcraft Cinematic Universe is. I think beyond this they wouldn't have much of a vision at this point, but I would hope it would continue like this. Hollywood likes trilogies, so I believe they would continue to try to break out stories that would work as a trilogy of films. And so the next three films could potentially be centered around Illidan like so:

7: War of the Ancients
    8: Some of the story from Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne (the Illidan and Kael'thas parts)
    9: The story from World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade.

After that it is even more open-ended in terms of what they choose to do, but it could be a story with Bolvar as the main protagonist and Nefarian as the main antagonist, like so:

10: Stories from classic World of Warcraf: Katrana Prestor/Onyxia as the main antagonist of the movie, with her brother Nefarian appearing in some scenes with Onyxia as a minor power-behind-the-scenes type of antagonist, plotting over control of Stormwind, abduction of Varian Wrynn by the Defias Brotherhood by the orders of Onyxia, Bolvar as the main protagonist who eventually secures the rescue of Varian Wrynn and pursues Onyxia in her lair. I'd throw in Brann Bronzebeard and some other characters as supporting characters alongisde Bolvar to replace us as the "champions of Azeroth".
    11: With the King of Stormwind restored to the throne Bolvar and Brann heads over to Ironforge to aid the King there instead, and sets out on a quest to rescue Moria Bronzebeard, a captive of the Dark Iron Clan headed by Emperor Thaurissian (main antagonist) that serves Ragnaros, located in Blackrock Mountain where Nefarian as the head of the Black Dragonflight is in war versus Ragnaros over control of the Mountain. Known at the time as Victor Nefarius, Lord of Blackrock, disguised as a human, Bolvar and Brann seeks his aide in their rescue quest. He aides them in return for their support in helping defeat Ragnaros, and so dwarves and orcs unite under Bolvar, Brann and Rend Blackhand to rescue Moria and defeat Ragnaros. Back in Ironforge the head of the Red Dragonflight arrives in the throne room just as the party returns with Moria to the King, and the true identity of the Lord of Blackrock is revealed as Vaelastrasz has come to warn the mortal nations of Azeroth of the evil that is about to be unleashed upon them.
    12: With Ragnaros defeated and Victor Nefarius (main antagonist) having been exposed as Nefarian there is now an impending assault coming on the Red Dragonflight as well as the mortal nations of the world. And so Bolvar, Brann and Vaelastrasz must head back to Blackrock Mountain to defeat the Dark Horde and the Black Dragonflight.

Once they catch up with the story and reach World of Warcraft the guesses of what they will do becomes harder as there are so much they could build stories around. The stories from the RTS games is much easier to imagine how they will be adapted for the big screen. But I would like the above very much.

Damn that became a much longer post than I intended.. all in all, I remain hopeful for the future of the Warcraft Cinematic Universe.
    Dude you just got it all covered! I'd love to see those trilogies become a reality!