7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Graharam View Post
    Best scene in the movie;
    When they rode over a bridge to Goldshire and you could see a Murloc standing on a rock in the river.

Murlocs rule!
    YES!!!!! I was HYPED when I seen that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Saw it last night. 7.5/10....it has its flaws. There are only a handful of movies in my opinion which approach "perfection". So this isn't too much of an issue. Had it been longer, can easily see it being 8.5/10... Highly anticipating directors cut DVD.

As soon as the music started at the beginning, just so damn epic. Would have loved an azeroth instead of earth panning at that point, but non fans wouldn't quite know what they were looking at, especially since kalimdor isn't a factor at all at this point. But they could have zoomed in to stormwind or black morass.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    As a Warcraft player I loved the movie 10/10.

Now if I didn't play I think this movie was a bit of a disaster. Maybe like 4/10. Right down to the green makeup running out on Garona's nose in her last moments of the movie showing her, and her clearly brown nose coming through.

I feel bad for people that know nothing of the Warcraft universe. It throws tons of characters at you. You are in a world of magic, fel-magic, demons, invading orc armies from distant worlds, protectors that aren't. The "other" races which are seriously and after thought, and completely left out of the horde side.. with a glimmer on the alliance side. An utter mess with just a tinge of a linear plot to follow.

But again.. as a Warcraft player/fan this was epic and loved every minute of it. I think Lothar stole the show.
    I thought the exact same thing. What I feel this opens the door for is people wanting more and wanting to know more about the warcraft lore similar to the Marvel comic movies.

I'm a Warcraft player as well and I loved the movie. My GF who doesn't have anything to do with WOW also enjoyed the movie as well and I just hope the public thought the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Box Office Mojo reports $10.71M (est.) through 6/10 (Friday). Projections for the whole weekend have been trending down a bit after a misleading thursday number.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=warcraft.htm

Yeah but I noticed this website is not that good at keeping up with edits, for example it passed some time to update China's second day income.
    As for Warcraft in USA it's just "estimated" not the number for sure.

I found other article that wrote Warcraft earned 31 milions, and it was just behind Conjuring 2

http://deadline.com/2016/06/warcraft...ce-1201770307/

----
    Edit: Now I noticed change in article at the bottom. Looks like it did got 10milions on opening.
    Last edited by Ramz; 2016-06-11 at 05:01 PM.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Who was that mysterious lady when Khadgar enter that dark portal?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Exhuman View Post
    Who was that mysterious lady when Khadgar enter that dark portal?
    Alodi. In main universe canon, Alodi was male.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Bullshit. Blizzard's CG is usually top notch. The CG in WarCraft was AWFUL. Anyone who praises that CG can't have seen much CG. I don't mind CG in the slightest, it's never bothered me, but in this movie it was horrrrrrrible.

Did they ever see any of Blackhand's parts in the movie? His stupid bone armor? Everytime he moved and it moved with him it was amazingly jerky and blurred to hide how bad it was.
    Any scene where a gryphon was flying low to the ground was horribly done. Shit, at one point there is a closeup of a gryphon and it's feathers are completely FLAT. Going into the movie I expected the Orcs to look amazing and the humans to look silly with their plastic armor. The opposite was true however, the humans looked fine for the most part, and the Orcs looked silly. Horribly low quality CG. Horrible. They can say they had to develop new software for this, but that doesn't mean that it's good. Definitely not on par with Star Wars. Okay it probably wasn't as bad as Gods of Egypt or whatever, but it's pretty close.
    Welllll, you should probably stop typing now.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I watched a few interviews with the actors and it seems Garona in the movie-verse is actually half human/orc(according to Paula Patton) I'm just wondering why.. I mean we SEE Draenei at the start and suddenly her mother was an orc? So.. a human went to Draenor orrr

I really don't understand those kind of useless changes nor why Blizzard would approve of them ;/

Same with Doomhammer really..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frakchaw View Post
    So I watched a few interviews with the actors and it seems Garona in the movie-verse is actually half human/orc(according to Paula Patton) I'm just wondering why.. I mean we SEE Draenei at the start and suddenly her mother was an orc? So.. a human went to Draenor orrr

I really don't understand those kind of useless changes nor why Blizzard would approve of them ;/

Same with Doomhammer really..
    if/when we get a second movie that would probably get explained further. also, no one knew garona was half draenei till warcraft 2, so they may just be keeping that a secret till later... who knows
    "Brace yourselves, Trolls are coming."
    Signature By: Mythriz

i am so exited! for the movie

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathshiro View Post
    Same, I can understand $270 to break even by why does it need so much to break even?
    Not sure either? Marketing costs? Which aren't calculated into production costs. Though I thought the marketing was pretty terrible.

If they don't make it off box office sales maybe they can make good with a kick ass directors cut edition on blu ray. He is rumored to have cut out more than 40 minutes of finished footage.

Watched it once in 3D/IMAX once in regular with some friends and wow what a difference. The CG looks SO much worse in standard. I feel like anyone who sees it in standard is missing out on the quality of the movie.

That said...

Enjoyed it, really did!
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Quote Originally Posted by ablock View Post
    I know it seems far-fetched to even think about at this time, but I have real trouble imagining a "Warcraft 3" movie.

It seems like entirely too much lore and characters to cram into a movie. The story of Arthas is a movie by itself, so how would you cram in the Burning Legion and the Orcs? Does anyone else think about this? Would this be better as a TV series?
    Warcraft 3 is still a very long ways away.

There will first need to be another movie to finish off War2 lore with the Second War.

I really don't understand those kind of useless changes nor why Blizzard would approve of them.
    Garona was originally half-human in the lore. It was only retconned to half-draenei when players pointed out the logical impossibility of her having human ancestry when there'd been less than four years of contact with humans, but the movie resolved that issue by making Medivh her father.

As far as why they changed it back, it simply works better narratively. She's the go-between for the orcs and humans, and having her be half of both emphasizes her contrasting loyalties and outsider status. Plus, if they'd made her half-draenei, they would've had to spend time explaining what the draenei were. In a movie already chock full of exposition, that would've been an unnecessary task.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    Watched it once in 3D/IMAX once in regular with some friends and wow what a difference. The CG looks SO much worse in standard. I feel like anyone who sees it in standard is missing out on the quality of the movie.

That said...

Enjoyed it, really did!
    I watched it in standard,and it looked fantastic. The level of detail and expression in the Orcs and Dwarves were awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by logintime View Post
    but the movie resolved that issue by making Medivh her father.
    When did that happen? Extended edition or..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    As a Warcraft player I loved the movie 10/10.

Now if I didn't play I think this movie was a bit of a disaster. Maybe like 4/10. Right down to the green makeup running out on Garona's nose in her last moments of the movie showing her, and her clearly brown nose coming through.
    You're incorrect. If you watch the behind the scenes video showcasing Garrona,you'll note that they did NOT use green make-up,but colored her skin green in post-production,so I have no idea why you've posted this fiction.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    They combined 3 to 4 threads into this.

It's not THAT different.
    The big lines are mostly the same and that is what matters.
    How can you say it was not THAT different?

1. There was NO love interaction between Garona and Lothar, it was between Garona and Medivh: Med'an was the resulting child;
    2. Garona did not kill King Llane to save herself or to bring something good out of a bad situation, she killed him because she was forced by Gul'dan's magic;
    3. After this invasion the humans lost, Stormwind was destroyed and Lothar was praised not because he killed Blackhand but because he saved the remaining people of Stormwind including Varian;
    4. Gul'dan was NOT in charge, Gul'dan was that guy in the shadows whispering to Blackhand and doing mind games with him, when Ogrim Doomhammer (from the Blackrock clan, not Frostwolfs) found out that the Warchief was being manipulated like that, challenged him and he killed him becoming the warchief of the Horde;
    5. Khadgar was sent by the Kirin Tor to learn from Medivh, after his battle with him he got cursed with old age;

There are more points. But those actually change the story quite well. My post was quoting a guy who said the fans and people that knew the story would give high credit to the movie and I was pointing how wrong it was considering everything. A friend of mine who is a huge lore geek, was really disappointed with the movie story wise, he was almost inclined to compare it with Eragon movie adaptation, which says a lot.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    They have specifically stated it is separate lore. Like Game of Thrones (the show) and A Song of Ice and Fire (the series)

https://twitter.com/MickyNeilson/sta...65824536793088

https://twitter.com/ChristieGolden/s...02998488604672
    Sweet then. its exactly how i felt it could be to not be bashed by people invested in the original lore

When did that happen? Extended edition or..
    When Medivh had his conversation with Garona and explained that he'd once traveled to a faraway land, fell in love with a woman, and then abandoned her. The implication was that this woman was Garona's mother, making him her father.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ossyria View Post
    Welllll, you should probably stop typing now.
    Can you honestly look at Blackhand or the scene with the gryphon landing / close-up and tell me that isn't some of the worst CGI you've ever seen? Honestly?