7+ Year Old Account
    I moved all the files into the steam directory... still resulted in a 15 GB download for me. :/

Oh well, it's ready to play whenever I feel like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheevah View Post
    I moved all the files into the steam directory... still resulted in a 15 GB download for me. :/

Oh well, it's ready to play whenever I feel like it.
    It's because steam needs it's gpk and gtk package. Steam will do this in case of most of it's games.
    If you add game files of games like Wildstar/Path of Exile to Your Steam library, Steam has to download it's gpk/gtk packages. Thank's to that Steam can patch it if anything changes.
    Last edited by Slaughty8; 2016-06-10 at 07:48 PM.

Giving the game another shot, loving the art style and the combat mechanics. Sad thing is that WildStar must be one of the most underrated and undeservedly bashed games of all time. I just hope that, with the Steam release, the game gets to attract more players to help maintain a steady and strong playerbase to help keep the game running, it's the least WildStar deserves.

undeservedly bashed games of all time
    It was totally deserving of the bashing. Now probably not as much, but at the time when carbine was literally lying to everyone and never fulfilled on their promises and sugarcoating everything yea they deserved it. Ultimately because of what happened it is why the game is struggling now. Great ideas failed execution and then tried to cover it up.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    It was totally deserving of the bashing. Now probably not as much, but at the time when carbine was literally lying to everyone and never fulfilled on their promises and sugarcoating everything yea they deserved it. Ultimately because of what happened it is why the game is struggling now. Great ideas failed execution and then tried to cover it up.
    The game was always great, the main problem was it needed great players to play it....now it's a nice mix of casual solo and challenging group content...it's a win win

Quote Originally Posted by ministabber View Post
    The game was always great, the main problem was it needed great players to play it....now it's a nice mix of casual solo and challenging group content...it's a win win
    It's always had potential, but it was bogged down by its own problems more often than not. 40 man raiding killed off most of what could have been a thriving raiding community, with the lack of non-raiding progression at launch doing major damage to many other folks.

It's in a far better place now, but like most recent MMO launches (SWTOR and ESO to name a few) it had some very serious flaws at launch that it's needed to address. It just hasn't addressed them quickly enough or in a significant enough way to have a major turnaround yet. Granted, it doesn't have the strength of the Star Wars or Elder Scrolls IP to prop it up while it was being worked on, but it had plenty of other issues post-launch that have delayed the game, and continue to delay it, from really achieving its potential and being the truly fantastic game that it can, and should be.

Deleted
    I'd change that to all MMO launches

10+ Year Old Account
    I moved my game onto steam, also did a review
    How do addons work when you have WildStar installed through Steam? I really need my mods.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CptEgo View Post
    How do addons work when you have WildStar installed through Steam? I really need my mods.
    If you use curse client you may need to help it find the folder, or if your doing it manual ? Wildstar is here

10+ Year Old Account
    If you use curse client you may need to help it find the folder, or if your doing it manual ? Wildstar is here
    You just put the addon folder in there?
    Last edited by CptEgo; 2016-06-11 at 03:07 PM.

There's like no updated guides for wildstar >.>

Deleted
    I might try the game again when I have time after exams. Thinking of playing a mordesh medic or warrior.
    mini do you play on US or EU? Might hit you up if I try it and you play on EU

Deleted
    Apart from runes, all the info you need is here http://forums.enigma-wildstar.com/viewforum.php?f=4 because only rune stats have really changed

Should also check http://www.gamerphix.com/ if your new to the game

And yes Exile EU

Deleted
    Apart from runes, all the info you need is here http://forums.enigma-wildstar.com/viewforum.php?f=4 because only rune stats have really changed

Should also check http://www.gamerphix.com/ if your new to the game

And yes Exile EU
    allright! Hows the pop looking?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sahlamuhla View Post
    allright! Hows the pop looking?
    tons of new players running around the exile side

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CptEgo View Post
    You just put the addon folder in there?
    just use the free curse client, I know lots that use it...none have had any problems

Was wondering if this game still existed when i just now saw this thread popping up.

Has it become pay 2 win yet or what is it that drives the development of the game forwards?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Appelgren View Post
    Was wondering if this game still existed when i just now saw this thread popping up.

Has it become pay 2 win yet or what is it that drives the development of the game forwards?
    The most F2P F2P game you'll ever find......and 100% not P2W....not even a smell of it

Any tips for a returning player? Played during beta and a bit after release, but would be starting a fresh character... thinking exile.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brautigan79 View Post
    Any tips for a returning player? Played during beta and a bit after release, but would be starting a fresh character... thinking exile.
    read http://www.gamerphix.com/ for 5 mins new char exile is the way to go....so much changed
    Last edited by mmoc73340f41a2; 2016-06-11 at 06:06 PM.

http://steamcharts.com/app/376570 4,130 playing an hour ago, not bad, there is some hope, after all. Time will tell