Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I buy way too many games, basically any major release that comes out :P

As of late, Xenoblade Chronicles is my most recent regret. I didn't really play anything besides Gears/Saga, and I get that these aren't really tied together, but I just didn't grasp the appeal of it all.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. Final Fantasy XIII - Never been more disappointed in a JRPG.

2. PSO Ep 3 - Fucking card game wut?

3. Forza 5 - Microtransactions: The Game
    Thanks for the ad-hominem; it supports your inability to support your argument.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkdeii View Post
    I felt like this at first. Still do, sorta. But after a while I just said fuck it, its awful gameplay but at least it looks pretty. That got me through it and the sequels. Character design was great, imo, and would've loved to see it with the old final fantasy combat systems. /cry
    It did look great for sure. I wish my complaints were more unique than the typical list of 'why ffxiii sucks' but it's mostly how dull it all felt.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    This would be one nomination for me also. If I had to single out any xpac though...WoD. I should've trusted my gut instinct to avoid it like the plague, which was well in advance of all the things that would end up removed.
    Pretty much this to the letter. I wouldn't be playing right now if a friend hadn't begged me/purchased the game for me.
    Thanks for the ad-hominem; it supports your inability to support your argument.

Deleted
    I`d like to say Magicka Wizard Wars, sort of.

A game with sooo much potential, screwed up by the bugs/awful servers/terribad netcode & odd balance issue or two & complete silence from the devs for ages, only for them to decide a few days ago that "You have three months left & then we`re shutting down the servers permanently"

Sure, it had a really high learning curve & it often threw noobs in with higher players, but those that stuck with it (even now still new players joining in) learnt, but as the Raven says: "Never more"

Quote Originally Posted by Advocate Cheeks View Post
    Pretty much this to the letter. I wouldn't be playing right now if a friend hadn't begged me/purchased the game for me.
    Exactly why I ended up buying it also. Buddy in the beta all like "It's not really that bad, even with no flying and whatnot". Same buddy had suggested D3 RoS to me after my disdain for D3 at launch, and that turned out to be a success, so I was willing to give the benefit of the doubt there.

10+ Year Old Account
    diablo 3 at release what a mess

Deleted
    1. ARK - Seemed amazing first when it came out, but was horribly optimized and barely ran at 10-15fps. Months later when stuff got fixed the game kinda died out and nobody was interested about playing it anymore.

2. Aion - Played for maybe less than a week after launch, ran out of quests at level 12 or so and the grind on that game was god awful along with a horrible combat system.

Destiny
    I played it about 5 hours and never played it again.

Cataclysm and GW2, the 1-2 punch that killed interests in an entire genre, the latter more specifically. I'm still trying to process how much they fucked up with 2.

Thanks a lot, Nu-anet.
    Last edited by Chinese Bootlickers; 2016-04-26 at 01:47 AM.

1. World of Warcraft. I've had a lot of fun with WoW, both with randoms online and with real life friends, but looking back I was probably the one that got most of my friends into it, and we could probably have had a lot more fun irl instead, and saved a big amount of money. I think this game have taken up too much time both from real life things and from other games, even during times I didn't do much in the game(jumping around and chatting in Orgrimmar anyone??).
    So basically I just think I could have spent both the time and money better, on both real life things and other gaming. That said I've had a lot of fun with this game.

2. Crysis 3. I pre-ordered this game, since I enjoyed the others so much, and thus paid full price. The game wasn't really bad, but for some reason I didn't even complete it when it released, and still haven't to this day. Could have waited and bought it on sale or not at all.

3. Payday 2. I just bought this because my friends wanted me to. Looked a bit meh to me, but I figured it could be pretty good with some RL friends at least, turned out it wasn't my kind of game at all and even with skype and RL friends there it wasn't really fun at all. The start of the games were fun, when you were all tactical and stuff, but then when the alarms goes off it turns into a massacre game where you just camp and kill as many cops as you can.

4. Killing Floor. One of my friends wanted me to play this, so I got it and we played together. The first game we played was alright I suppose, but not amazing. Then it just got more and more repetetive. Not even close to being in the same league as Left 4 Dead imo.

I regret getting PS4. PS Plus is bull.

Civilization Beyond Earth & it's expansion "Rising Tides"
    Graphics looked awesome, unique units were cool. But overall, this game was a worthless pile of crap that I tried so hard to enjoy, but I just couldn't do it. The only good that came out of this, was it gave me so much more respect and admiration for Civilization V and it's expansions, because I didn't really start enjoying those until after I got my hands on "Beyond Earth" lol

Battlefield Hardline

Origin had a 50% off sale going on, so I said what the hell. Played the beta and didn't like it, but Origin has an awesome "satisfaction guaranteed" on their games. Played for a few hours within my 1st day of purchase and went straight to "REFUND SUBMISSION" and got my 25-30 bucks back from EA.

Deleted
    CS:GO

/10char

Quote Originally Posted by Antenora View Post
    CS:GO

/10char
    If it wasn't so cheap, I probably would have listed that too. ha ha

You can easily go back and play CS 1.6 while never knowing the difference. With the exception of weapon skins, did they even change anything else????? Graphics still look ancient, movements are stiff like the old days.. I'm still amazed that such an old, outdated game in dominating the Competitive FPS World.

Spore. Utterly terrible.

Deleted
    Most unexpected: Oblivion. Spent 100s of hours in Daggerfall and Morrowind, but Oblivion was dull and had terrible mechanics.

Most expected: whatever Madden. Buy one every five years or so, and always it looks great, but then it's a video game and not a football simulation.

Deleted
    World of warcraft. Wasted too much of my youth being addicted to that game. Inb4 "ohmygodwhyareyoustillreadingthisforum?!?"

Divnity dragon commander: Annoying controls with the camera that I could never get used to. 2nd; bullshit mechanics. Enemy just walks up to my turrets and takes them over before they are destroyed. 3rd; the RTS part was a shallow, poor imitation of the genre.

Did I post in here already? Well, whatever. Universe Sandbox. I was expecting something like a 3D Stellarium, but instead got a piece of garbage. I tried getting a refund on it, but this was back before people had the balls to sue Valve in Europe, so it's stuck in my Steam library until literally the end of the Earth.

TOWNS and/or STARBOUND.

Towns had a huge amount of potential, but the developer pretty much took the money and ran. It was the first big early access debacle on Steam. I enjoyed the game, but it is/was so buggy and had no proper ending due to the developer cutting out.

Starbound is still in production, but has been so for years.

Those two games are why I no longer buy into Early Access games.