10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frakchaw View Post
    When did that happen? Extended edition or..
    It was implied in a scene he and Garrona have together. You could view it as Medivh relating to her through the telling of his experiences in her homeworld,and you could also say he was saying something deeper,but it doesn't go further. He expresses his love of a strong people.

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Can you honestly look at Blackhand or the scene with the gryphon landing / close-up and tell me that isn't some of the worst CGI you've ever seen? Honestly?
    What Black hand's hand ends up becoming is pretty ugly,I'll give you that,but that's by design and not poor CGI.
    Gul'dan,as another example,is also fantastic. He's scary and ugly. Fel will do that to you.

I think the movie is so full on high fantasy that some people can't get past it because it's never been presented like this before. I really think they made something unique here. The Gryphon was fucking awesome.
    Last edited by Bosen; 2016-06-11 at 06:22 PM.

I enjoyed the movie, would give it a 6.5 out of 10 but the orcs bump it up to a 7.

Wish they had spent a little more effort telling you characters names in an offhand way. Other than that it was a good movie, don't let the hipster reviews ruin the movie for you. Those guys just want to pretend that they are smarter and more refined than everything around them. Is it the best movie of all time? No, is it a good movie? Sure is, and fun to watch.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really didn't enjoy this movie. I walked into it HOPING to like it, but I just didn't. I found the story to be incoherent and sloppy, I found the fight scenes to be boring, I really wasn't crazy about the acting, and I think they tried to cram too much into a single movie.

I think that they really should have focused on a more recent Warcraft story, like Warcraft 3, maybe from the perspective of Thrall or Arthas. That's honestly the only way I think they could have improved it.

The only things I really liked about the movie was being able to see Azeroth in a more realistic way. It brought back memories of when I used to play the game, but that doesn't necessarily make it a good movie.

Rating: 4/10
    Trying not to screw things up too badly since 1988.

Warcraft has already grossed more than the infamous bomb John Carter, a movie that cost $264M to make, $104M more than Warcraft.

While it is still unclear if Warcraft can break into the black, it's probably going to escape the "bomb" label.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    But her alae (wings?) are still suspiciously pink. (And tusks translucent :facepalm
    You obviously don't understand that when two races mix,the child has traits from both races. Garrona's "tusks" seem to upset the nitpickers out there,but she's mixed,and her teeth look fine for what they are..teeth. they look like longer teeth,because that is exactly what they are. The Orcs dislike her because she doesn't look like them all the way and is considered a disrespect to their culture and a downright weakness. They look similar to human teeth. Kinda translucent,so you can take your face outta your palm and the snark outta your post,son.

i thought the movie was awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PChaosWM View Post
    I found the fight scenes to be boring
    The fight scenes are anything but boring. Some of the best parts of the movie. I don't see how anyone could say they were boring. Do you think the games are boring too? Everyone was kicking maximum ass,man! People in the theater laughed out loud at how kick ass the Orcs were and Lothar kicking ass. It was just great. Maybe not so great if you came in there on NyQuil and in footy pajamas. I just can't see any fan of the genre not liking the action ffs. XD

Now,if we're talking the far away,background shots of fields of Orcs,yeah..that was visually fatiguing at times,like LOTR,but how else do you present a war?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ablock View Post
    I know it seems far-fetched to even think about at this time, but I have real trouble imagining a "Warcraft 3" movie.

It seems like entirely too much lore and characters to cram into a movie. The story of Arthas is a movie by itself, so how would you cram in the Burning Legion and the Orcs? Does anyone else think about this? Would this be better as a TV series?
    A series done right and with the level of effects that the movies have is a great idea. Maybe this is possible as time goes on,since the cost of such effects only get cheaper if they get to re-up their tools.

Blizzard has some of the mist passionate fans,but I don't think some realize that the old source material is just overflowing and doesn't fit easily in a movie. I think a lot of the source material is bloated,so I like what they've done with the movie. Damned good idea about a series.
    Last edited by Bosen; 2016-06-11 at 06:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    That whole conversation between the 2 really flew over your head. He even gave her a flower as he was teleporting her away. Not really much reason for that except as a gift of beauty for his daughter.
    Not really, I just didn't think the lore would be mutilated in a way that would suddenly make him her father.. but I guess accepting shitty writing is okay nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    There were lore changes and I understand why they did some, but I only found 2 to be things I couldn't accept, the fact that the Dark Portal was not fully opened and Lothar killing Blackhand and strolling out of the orc camp...
    I know right.

Deleted
    Not really, I just didn't think the lore would be mutilated in a way that would suddenly make him her father.. but I guess accepting shitty writing is okay nowadays.
    Fun detail: In Warcraft I, Garona was half-orc/half-human and Medivh was the rumored father (the time between the opening of the Dark Portal and the First War was decades, instead of the current timeline).

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DomesticViolence View Post
    It was implied in a scene he and Garrona have together. You could view it as Medivh relating to her through the telling of his experiences in her homeworld,and you could also say he was saying something deeper,but it doesn't go further. He expresses his love of a strong people.

What Black hand's hand ends up becoming is pretty ugly,I'll give you that,but that's by design and not poor CGI.
    Gul'dan,as another example,is also fantastic. He's scary and ugly. Fel will do that to you.

I think the movie is so full on high fantasy that some people can't get past it because it's never been presented like this before. I really think they made something unique here. The Gryphon was fucking awesome.
    Nah, the stupid bone armor he has on. Watch it when he moves, it's hilariously bad. And the gryphon's feathers are completely flat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    You accepted the original lore didn't you?
    Good point

Still, I'm just confused as to why so many things are changed. Sure I enjoyed the movie but I fail to understand those kind of choices.
    Last edited by Sanguinerd; 2016-06-11 at 07:39 PM.

Deleted
    Saw it tonight. It's pretty cool to see all these characters and places and it all looks good enough, I thought.

The story, wow, it's a huge mess. Turns out Rotten Tomato was right. Still, hope it makes enough money for them to make more. As a (one time) fan of the game it's fun to watch the characters stomp around the screen as long as you can turn off that part of your brain that wants a good story too.

Can somebody explain this to me. towards the beginning when they first meet the girl orc the king points to the map and asked where they were from. The map is only of the eastern kingdoms. Do they not know about kalimdor at all at this point? I mean there are elves in a few shots they must know they arnt from the eastern kingdoms...
    Last edited by skatblast; 2016-06-11 at 07:58 PM.

Good point

Still, I'm just confused as to why so many things are changed. Sure I enjoyed the movie but I fail to understand those kind of choices.
    The biggest change I dont understand is why the movie ends without a Dark Portal in place.
    That and why Gul'dan is openly in charge. It would have taken minimal effort to make Blackhand Warchief with Gul'dan being the power behind him. A simple scene of Gul'dan talking to someone (Garona for example) about how Blackhand will do as he is told could be enough.

I can get not ending the movie with the sacking of Stormwind, probably something along the lines of "resonating badly with the audience to have the bad guys win".
    Without the sacking of Stormwind you need to kill the king somewhere else. A desperate attack on the portal is as good as any.

With Gul'dan in the forefront and the temporary portal the normal Blackhand death cannot happen, the way the movie did it was terrible tho but I guess they wanted Lothar to have a redemption moment. (again audience reaction shit probably).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by skatblast View Post
    Can somebody explain this to me. towards the beginning when they first meet the girl orc the king points to the map and asked where they where from. The map is only of the eastern kingdoms. Do they not know about kalimdor at all at this point? I mean there are elves in a few shots they must know they arnt from the eastern kingdoms...
    The elves live in the north of the Eastern Kingdoms. These are the current WoW bloodelves (before the sunwell was corrupted by Arthas during WC 3)

And yes Kalimdor is basically a lost continent at this point. It is not interacted with until Thrall flees there during WC 3
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by DomesticViolence View Post
    you'll note that they did NOT use green make-up, but colored her skin green in post-production
    Then they set it improperly, because she has red/pink spots around her nose.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    The biggest change I dont understand is why the movie ends without a Dark Portal in place.
    That and why Gul'dan is openly in charge. It would have taken minimal effort to make Blackhand Warchief with Gul'dan being the power behind him. A simple scene of Gul'dan talking to someone (Garona for example) about how Blackhand will do as he is told could be enough.

I can get not ending the movie with the sacking of Stormwind, probably something along the lines of "resonating badly with the audience to have the bad guys win".
    Without the sacking of Stormwind you need to kill the king somewhere else. A desperate attack on the portal is as good as any.

With Gul'dan in the forefront and the temporary portal the normal Blackhand death cannot happen, the way the movie did it was terrible tho but I guess they wanted Lothar to have a redemption moment. (again audience reaction shit probably).

- - - Updated - - -

The elves live in the north of the Eastern Kingdoms. These are the current WoW bloodelves (before the sunwell was corrupted by Arthas during WC 3)

And yes Kalimdor is basically a lost continent at this point. It is not interacted with until Thrall flees there during WC 3
    Gotcha, its been awhile since i have played warcraft 3. Makes sense.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Benomatic View Post
    Yeah I think there is two, the Lordaeron delegate and Llanes general/soldier.
    Thank you very much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Loved them movie, going to see it again tomorrow
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

15+ Year Old Account
    A majority of movie review websites (more than not, if not all) have AUDIENCES giving this moving a 7+ out of 10. While the critics still remain at the 2.5 to 6 out of 10 area.

Prove them wrong and GO SEE THE MOVIE PEOPLE!

It is super fun.