Thread: Pokemon, Part 2

Quote Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post
    Something that bothered me too, is the fact that Gigareki sound really japanese while the other two new mons have what seem to be their english names.
    Yeah, no way it's legit.

Very pokeman. much wow, so catch.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    OU? AHAHHAHAHAH

That shit is in PU: where mons go that get used less often than freaking NEVERused. I don't consider that it exists, honestly :P
    Let's try that again huh?
    Well yeah, it's nowhere NEAR OU
    I never said she would perform well in OU, or UU. Not even RU. She can, however, do a fine troll job in PU (you know, the tier she's in (remember I said she can perform a troll set in the tier she's in?)) and NU. But yeah, I know reading can be difficult for some of us.
    Pokemon Y / Pokemon OR
    Friendcode: 0791-2124-3938 (IGN: Michiel)

Quote Originally Posted by Taurenburger View Post
    Let's try that again huh?

I never said she would perform well in OU, or UU. Not even RU. She can, however, do a fine troll job in PU (you know, the tier she's in (remember I said she can perform a troll set in the tier she's in?)) and NU. But yeah, I know reading can be difficult for some of us.
    I guess you're the one having trouble to read. I never said that you wrote that Emolga is in OU. It's a trash mon competitively-wise, nothing more as well as being a pikachu clone, thus being trash in general.

Also, I don't care about arguing Emolga's competitiveness. Suit yourself.

Deleted
    So there are 2 different Zygarde's? Zygarde from XY and the new Zygarde from SM? Quite disapointing if that is the cache.

Quote Originally Posted by Dotmore View Post
    So there are 2 different Zygarde's? Zygarde from XY and the new Zygarde from SM? Quite disapointing if that is the cache.
    It will probably be a new form that you can change outside battle like Shaymin, so you will be able to go from Zygarde (XY) to Zygarde 10% (SunMoon). And then Zygarde 10% can morph into 100% during combat when his ability is triggered.

Quote Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post
    It will probably be a new form that you can change outside battle like Shaymin, so you will be able to go from Zygarde (XY) to Zygarde 10% (SunMoon). And then Zygarde 10% can morph into 100% during combat when his ability is triggered.
    I can see that being totally broken.

Quote Originally Posted by phalk View Post
    I can see that being totally broken.
    Zygarde is trash. Complete forme triggering only when the frail 10% forme is in low HP means you need to run Focus Sash to have a chance to use it. And Sash can be circumvened. NO-ONE will hit 10% into low HP without killing it outright.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Zygarde is trash. Complete forme triggering only when the frail 10% forme is in low HP means you need to run Focus Sash to have a chance to use it. And Sash can be circumvened. NO-ONE will hit 10% into low HP without killing it outright.
    I wonder if, and since Perfect Zygarde is from what we know bound to 10%, Smogon will ban it to Ubers instantly or allow it to exist in OU. It has certain downfalls in that you need to bring 10% low enough to trigger the transformation but perfect is... strong to say the least. On the other hand, there are fairies out there as well. It will be a strange balance discussion to solve for them, I feel.

Edit: There's also the following issue: does perfect Zygarde stay in its form after transforming to it and getting swapped out for another mon in battle? It's apparent that the off the charts base hp stat is there to counterbalance the fact that upon transforming, Perfect Zygarde starts off at around 50-60% hp. IF you can swap it out though upon transforming into Perfect, you can Wish it up and bring it to full hp, making it an excellent defensive pivot that hits incredibly hard and will only go down (and then, not certainly) to powerful and invested ice type moves from strong pokemon. With that HP stat, and the guessed about defensive stats, coverage Hidden Power Ice moves will not be enough.

Also of note are the three signature moves:

Thousand Arrows: Hits flyers and levitators and brings them to the ground until they switch.
    Thousand Waves: Upon hit, the opponent cannot switch out, locking them with 10% until it transforms to perfect and switching out.
    Core Enforcer: High BP move that is of the Dragon type.

It is apparent that 10% Zygarde can't of course have Core Enforcer, or have it and be unable to use it until it goes into perfect form. From the mechanics we've known so far, you won't get to change moves around in combat, so perfect Zygarde would have 3 of its 4 move slots covered with signature moves if you opt to use all 3, and them only being Ground & Dragon, also not allowing 10% to use any dragon type move until it goes into perfect form. Count in the fact that 10% will most likely have a different level up moveset than normal Zygarde, the mon may actually be allowed into OU and then drop to BL.
    Last edited by Well; 2016-06-12 at 08:10 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems like a dog is more popular with artists than koala:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    so trying to remain spoiler free is fucking impossible. I go on youtube and it recommends me videos and poketubers just put the new pokemon right in the thumbnail

thanks a lot
    Yup tried to stay spoiler free but being in a pkmn skype chat and as you say youtube IMMEDIATLY putting it in your face...

I don't consider official announcements spoilers. There's literally no way of avoiding those unless you migrate to wilderness untill November.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    I don't consider official announcements spoilers. There's literally no way of avoiding those unless you migrate to wilderness untill November.
    ^ This. You would essentially have to disconnect from the whole subject for the period of time required, actively avoiding to check mmo-c, skype and YT by deleting history and cookies and avoiding checking ANY pokemon video of any poketuber for YT not to bring spoilers into your face on recommended.

I'll probably won't be here for awhile now. Trying my best to avoid spoilers. When on youtube I'll just have to avoid the recommended section
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Deleted
    I bought Pokemon Trading card game GC on the 3DS's Estore, and im having a blast. Its a shame they never released (a) sequel(s)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dotmore View Post
    I bought Pokemon Trading card game GC on the 3DS's Estore, and im having a blast. Its a shame they never released (a) sequel(s)
    I liked it. It was super grindy, but that's what you get when your reward is booster packs for each fight. But it worked ok. I'm just not into the game in general because of coin flips. Way too much shit relies on literal coin flips.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    I liked it. It was super grindy, but that's what you get when your reward is booster packs for each fight. But it worked ok. I'm just not into the game in general because of coin flips. Way too much shit relies on literal coin flips.
    Yeah, the coinflipping is a major downside. The game is very RNG.

Btw, over the past few days ive been watching some TCG ''unboxing'' Videos, way back when, i remember buying a Starter deck, and you could either get Charizard or Chancey. Does anyone know the name of that?

10+ Year Old Account

10+ Year Old Account
    My personal favourite from Reddit in recent days:

"My reaction when I read the new dog Pokemon name is "Iwanko""

- - - Updated - - -

30 minutes to go hype!
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.