I have a few point to ask to beta testers about the new Shadow gameplay:

1) Does Mind Blast as a IPS hold priority over DoT application/refresh? For instance, does your opener start with it like on Live or do DoT have prio?
    2) If one pick SW:V, does it hold priority overs DoTs too or even MB? (at least for the first stack)
    3) How does SW work if someone hasn't picked Reaper of Souls?
    4) In VF, is Voidbolt the no1 priority over everything due to high IPS or is SW better in some scenarios?
    5) Is it worth saving Mindbender for Voidform?

Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    I have a few point to ask to beta testers about the new Shadow gameplay:

1) Does Mind Blast as a IPS hold priority over DoT application/refresh? For instance, does your opener start with it like on Live or do DoT have prio?
    2) If one pick SW:V, does it hold priority overs DoTs too or even MB? (at least for the first stack)
    3) How does SW work if someone hasn't picked Reaper of Souls?
    4) In VF, is Voidbolt the no1 priority over everything due to high IPS or is SW better in some scenarios?
    5) Is it worth saving Mindbender for Voidform?
    1) I always open with it, usually you open with casts that have CD's and provide a great benefit. The extra second off of our dots isn't going to hurt. As for refresh, in the rare case you have to refresh, mind blast still comes first. The only time it doesn't is when you're in early void form and the insanity would be wasted, so you can afford to wait a GCD to apply it, I could be mistaken, but this has netted me the best DPS so far.
    2)No, MB + Dots, then Double SW:V and you're in Voidform. Ideally you never want to use it in Voidform since being in Voidform is the goal. The realy probalem is that SW: V competes with ToF, add to the fact that it only gives you ~5% more Voidform uptime on single target and there's a slight issue.
    3) It will always grant you 10 Insanity, you get 35 Insanity if the target dies from the spell.
    4) Voidbolt > All unless SW: D would kill a target and your dots would not fall off.
    5) Maybe? It's honestly better to just keep it on CD. The insanity generation from it is pretty slow, but it won't really be wasted in or out of Voidform.

Mindbender should cleave.
    Shadowcrash should deal actual damage.
    Power Infusion should be buffed.

Homophobia is so gay.

Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    It will always grant you 10 Insanity, you get 35 Insanity if the target dies from the spell.
    So if you have no RoS and go for 10 Insanity, is it VB>MB>SW?

Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    So if you have no RoS and go for 10 Insanity, is it VB>MB>SW?
    Roughly, yes.

Yeah ofc, just wanted to make sure the Insanity is what defines the priority on a straightforward scenario. Thanks for the info.

By the way, did they fix SW to trigger the extra insanity if the target dies within 1 sec or something?

15+ Year Old Account
    Just got into Beta finally

So you will see me around these parts more often again ^^

Edit: is there more than 1 beta server? are we all on a specific one if so?
    Last edited by Yvaelle; 2016-06-11 at 09:06 PM.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    Mindbender should cleave.
    Shadowcrash should deal actual damage.
    Power Infusion should be buffed.
    My wish list:

Shadow Crash should replace Mind Sear and share charges (and CD) with Mind Blast. Also, it should just be a delayed AOE nuke centered on your target rather than a ground effect (but still have the awesome spell animation).
    Power Infusion CD increased to three minutes, spell haste cut in half but also includes a flat damage buff. Rename it Delusions of Grandeur and make the spell effect purple. Give it a mechanic where entering Voidform reduces Delusions of Grandeur's CD by your Lingering Insanity stacks in seconds.
    Mindbender keeps being Mindbender.

Shadow Crash's slot should be replaced by a passive that makes Shadow Crash cause your dots to cleave from your primary target for 15 seconds. I.E. you have SWP/VT on a guy, hit the guy with Shadow Crash, now when your DOTs tick they deal 50% damage to 3 nearby targets.
    Last edited by davesignal; 2016-06-11 at 09:11 PM.

What exactly IPS stands for?

Quote Originally Posted by Malico View Post
    What exactly IPS stands for?
    Insanity per second, probably

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post

Nice, grats. I'm on beta server 1 and the pvp beta server obviously. But pvp testing is very frustrating because of the tank and melee situation.
    <inactive>

Quote Originally Posted by Kaesebrezen View Post
    Insanity per second, probably
    Yeah that's it

I'm still waiting for my first beta invite. *cries*

Quote Originally Posted by davesignal View Post
    My wish list:

Shadow Crash should replace Mind Sear and share charges (and CD) with Mind Blast. Also, it should just be a delayed AOE nuke centered on your target rather than a ground effect (but still have the awesome spell animation).
    Power Infusion CD increased to three minutes, spell haste cut in half but also includes a flat damage buff. Rename it Delusions of Grandeur and make the spell effect purple. Give it a mechanic where entering Voidform reduces Delusions of Grandeur's CD by your Lingering Insanity stacks in seconds.
    Mindbender keeps being Mindbender.

Shadow Crash's slot should be replaced by a passive that makes Shadow Crash cause your dots to cleave from your primary target for 15 seconds. I.E. you have SWP/VT on a guy, hit the guy with Shadow Crash, now when your DOTs tick they deal 50% damage to 3 nearby targets.
    Those are all really good ideas, except why would the Shadow Crash talent only cleave to 3 targets? We need better AoE, not low-target cleave.

Because we would already have better AOE by making Shadow Crash a nine second CD that scales with haste. The talent would be for even better cleave, making our DOTs hit three nearby targets. Nine second CD-haste-scaling Shadow Crash on top of infinite cleave for DOTs would probably be way too much.
    Last edited by davesignal; 2016-06-11 at 11:15 PM.

Grats! I'm on beta server 01.

Ugh I don't like Shadowcrash on the same cd as MB, especially not if it's a delayed aoe.

Homophobia is so gay.

Why? The insanity from Shadow Crash is instant, so it wouldn't be a detriment to keeping up Voidform.

The issue is with the delayed damage. You want SC for burst aoe. If you have to wait 10 years for you spell to hit the ground... most of the mobs will be dead wasting the gcd.

(tho i just realised that it'll have reduced CD aswell... so yeah that may be good but only if they increase the travel time + it's a good cleave mechanic)

Homophobia is so gay.

It doesn't take that long to travel. If all the enemies spawn and die within the couple of seconds it takes to travel then stuff is dying so ridiculously fast that you can probably just write it off as not your concern.