Thread: UEFA Euro 2016

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Should just exclude Russia from anything really. But I doubt we'll boycott 2018. None of us. We're too keen on that trophy. So unless you can present another candidate that didn't bribe itself into hosting the cup... guess we'll go to Russia and be beaten by doped up superhumans.
    I'd be in favor of Holland boycotting 2018 but it is easy to say, we won't qualify anyway.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypasonic View Post
    Well I saw it coming the whole match, we dominated the first half but went in 0-0 ??? I honestly have no clue why sterling is in the squad, he can run but literally has no clue what to do with the ball in the final third.
    Absolutely disappointed with sterling... and.... where's Vardy?

Deleted
    Should just exclude Russia from anything really. But I doubt we'll boycott 2018. None of us. We're too keen on that trophy. So unless you can present another candidate that didn't bribe itself into hosting the cup... guess we'll go to Russia and be beaten by doped up superhumans.
    I believe there'll be a fan boycott, if not a sporting one. Can't see many people wanting to go over there.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypasonic View Post
    How was girouds goal a foul? lol the keeper was terrible, there was literally no contact, do people even watch the games these days?
    it was shown in detail in the post match recap, he elbowed the keeper before hitting the ball

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tommypilgrim View Post
    Apart from the fact that the Russian scum charged into the section full of English fans, not the other way around. Think there'll be a full boycott of the 2018 World Cup.
    lol... because of a couple hooligans? Dont be a sour loser man

Deleted
    I believe there'll be a fan boycott, if not a sporting one. Can't see many people wanting to go over there.
    Russia, then Qatar hosting lol! there should be a fan boycott for qatar at least! i don't think teams will boycott at all though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    Absolutely disappointed with sterling... and.... where's Vardy?
    Sterling was really bad. I mean it's nice watching him run with the ball and all, but it never amounted to anything.

Vardy should have been substituted on but somehow Hodgon didn't think it necessary. I have bad memories from Hodgon when he was coach of Finland so color me a little biased.

Can anyone tell me why Vardy had his wrist bandaged by the way?

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Quote Originally Posted by burek View Post
    it was shown in detail in the post match recap, he elbowed the keeper before hitting the ball
    Can confirm. My dad noticed it right away, and upon noticing it in slow motion I also concluded that it was an elbow and therefore a foul.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    Sterling was really bad. I mean it's nice watching him run with the ball and all, but it never amounted to anything.

Vardy should have been substituted on but somehow Hodgon didn't think it necessary. I have bad memories from Hodgon when he was Finnish coach so color me a little biased.

Can anyone tell me why Vardy had his wrist bandaged by the way?
    Not sure if you noticed but Sterling had a golden opportunity sometime through the 2nd half but couldnt conclude because he couldnt actually stop the ball.

I'd be in favor of Holland boycotting 2018 but it is easy to say, we won't qualify anyway.
    Now that you've said it, they're almost guaranteed to win 2018... *stares*
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure if you noticed but Sterling had a golden opportunity sometime through the 2nd half but couldnt conclude because he couldnt actually stop the ball.
    Aye his ball control is poor at best. All he has going for him is that he is fast.

Deleted
    lol... because of a couple hooligans? Dont be a sour loser man
    Given the behaviour of the Russian scum I can't imagine anybody would particularly want to risk visiting. Especially with the corrupt police over there. Can't see it ending well at all.

Well, I know I'm not gonna.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

10+ Year Old Account
    Now that you've said it, they're almost guaranteed to win 2018... *stares*
    It's okay, we in Holland still have 1974 and 1978 trauma!

10+ Year Old Account
    Sterling was so bad, he runs like a gazelle but he literally does nothing with it.

Disappointed with the result but I thought it was a positive performance.

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    Russia, then Qatar hosting lol! there should be a fan boycott for qatar at least! i don't think teams will boycott at all though.
    Yeah, it shouldn't be a surprise that the FIFA corruption scandal happened. I mean, look at the hosting nations for future cup... HOW IS CORRUPTION NOT OBVIOUS?

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Holland won't be winning no world cup. That's a curse. Will get knocked out in the semi-finals/final again.

As well you should, I still haven't forgiven you 1990. Never seen such a despicable game in my life...

Deleted
    Given the behaviour of the Russian scum I can't imagine anybody would particularly want to risk visiting. Especially with the corrupt police over there. Can't see it ending well at all.
    We went through Poland and Ukraine mostly untouched. Plus Brasil and South africa.... We'll be fine bro.

Deleted
    Think there'll be a full boycott of the 2018 World Cup.
    That would make Germany automatically the winner, since they'll remain undefeated.

2022 should be boycotted. Seriously, who's "bright" idea was it to carry it out in December in such frigid weather?