Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    I've been playing WoW since Vanilla and never once have I found myself "forced into PvP" as a PvE player.
    Didn't get a legendary cloak huh.

I've been playing WoW since Vanilla and never once have I found myself "forced into PvP" as a PvE player.
    I sort of have but that was in BC when resilience helped tanks toward defense cap, and I guess in LK there was one boss it was good to have a pvp trinket.

Nothing since then tho.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    Oh yeahhhhhh

*ponder*

I think I had that done in an afternoon and blocked it from my memory lol

Must be trying your best to learn from them, never give up, keep your collection going you chromosomally challenged basement dweller.

infracted
    Last edited by Splenda; 2016-06-12 at 01:41 AM.

Must be trying your best to learn from them, never give up, keep your collection going you chromosomally challenged basement dweller.
    You seem upset about something.

You know, you're only the 120th clown in this thread who thought he was incredibly witty to point that out.

The cloak thing required you to afk in 2 (!!) BGs. That has absolutely nothing to do with "doing PvP". It's like being sent by a quest to a raid entrance to talk to an NPC and then claiming you were forced to raid. You folks are full of crap.

Man, once people realize that you can get gear from world quests that's better than both gear from mythic Gul'dan and better than the top end pvp gear, oh boy, the salt is gonna flow!

Newsflash for people that don't get it yet: In Legion, you can become almost infinitely powerful simply by putting time into the game. Being versatile though, doing more types of content, that will increase your rate of power progression.

Deleted
    oh yeah between some pokemon games I always wanna kill some people

MoP's legendary Cloak quest line required PVP.

Don't know if anyone's pointed that out yet.
    Garrosh: "LOK'TAR! HAVE A HAMBURGER."

I am The Burning Legion - Play Free Online Games

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Infernix View Post

FFS people read the thread before you respond, don't just pop in for one post after reading the title.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    FFS people read the thread before you respond, don't just pop in for one post after reading the title.
    Oops, did someone already mention the MoP Legendary Cloak quest PVP requirements?
    Garrosh: "LOK'TAR! HAVE A HAMBURGER."

I am The Burning Legion - Play Free Online Games

I didn't read the entire thread, but I read enough to understand that it all boils down to people being mad that someone isn't playing the same way they are. How DARE they put options in the game to allow people to gear up and progress differently than what I'M willing to do!!!! Don't you know that in order to maintain my spot as 3rd best DPS in my casual raiding guild, I'm FORCED to pvp in order to keep up!?!? This is OUTRAGEOUS!!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ztn View Post
    Blizzard struggle 24/7 with PVE items in PVP but it's obvious that WOW is PVE game and PVP is just small activity like pet battles etc which means nothing. And it's ok when PVE items is involved in PVP. This attracts more players to this activity. But it's absolutly another story with PVP items in PVE. It's not ok when activity like PVP or pet battles give advantage in PVE. According to bluepost you can faceroll 2-3 heroicraid-quality items every week in PVP and even mythic-quality if you take this activity seriously...
    i hope you get forced into sexual relations with a panda bear
    pvpers are sick of being forced into pve just to get legendaries
    -Proffesional Necromancer-

Quote Originally Posted by skannerz22 View Post
    i hope you get forced into sexual relations with a panda bear
    pvpers are sick of being forced into pve just to get legendaries
    Legendaries won't be usable in pvp and item level gives 90% less stats in pvp in Legion. The only significant power gap is going to come from honor levels, which give both talents that you spec into and passive abilities.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ztn View Post
    Blizzard struggle 24/7 with PVE items in PVP but it's obvious that WOW is PVE game and PVP is just small activity like pet battles etc which means nothing. And it's ok when PVE items is involved in PVP. This attracts more players to this activity. But it's absolutly another story with PVP items in PVE. It's not ok when activity like PVP or pet battles give advantage in PVE. According to bluepost you can faceroll 2-3 heroicraid-quality items every week in PVP and even mythic-quality if you take this activity seriously...
    I don't see anything in the new expansion that indicates pvp is mandatory?! Have you missed the entire pvp change in Legion? They no logner have pvp gear, instead they get pvp specific talents.

Quote Originally Posted by OmniSkribe View Post
    Really? MoP Legendary cloack quest line wasn't "forced into PVP"?
    We don't talk about that here. The more we talk about it the more Blizzard might see it and decide to do it again. /s To be honest though all you had to do was afk in the BGs, it wasn't a huge deal.

Still though, if you take PvP seriously you'll get gear from it equal to mythic pve gear. They say gladiator will award you with that gear but they'll probably lower it to like 2.6k rating. Nobody is forced into anything here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    Man, once people realize that you can get gear from world quests that's better than both gear from mythic Gul'dan and better than the top end pvp gear, oh boy, the salt is gonna flow!

Newsflash for people that don't get it yet: In Legion, you can become almost infinitely powerful simply by putting time into the game. Being versatile though, doing more types of content, that will increase your rate of power progression.
    Pfft people already see what the titanforged gear is like. Nobody likes RNG but they added more because world of diablocraft is actually becoming a thing. On a more serious note, I'd be more worried about titanforged gear than I would from world quest gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    We don't talk about that here. The more we talk about it the more Blizzard might see it and decide to do it again. /s To be honest though all you had to do was afk in the BGs, it wasn't a huge deal.

Still though, if you take PvP seriously you'll get gear from it equal to mythic pve gear. They say gladiator will award you with that gear but they'll probably lower it to like 2.6k rating. Nobody is forced into anything here.

- - - Updated - - -

Pfft people already see what the titanforged gear is like. Nobody likes RNG but they added more because world of diablocraft is actually becoming a thing. On a more serious note, I'd be more worried about titanforged gear than I would from world quest gear.
    That's the beauty of it though, world quest gear can be Titanforged! They will quite literally scale off each other, creating a system where the rich get richer.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    That's the beauty of it though, world quest gear can be Titanforged! They will quite literally scale off each other, creating a system where the rich get richer.
    Well shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Infernix View Post

Nope, no one did.

If you as a serious, competitive Mythic progression raider have the time for high-end rated PvP next to:

- lots of hours for progression raid (+ multiple split runs)
    - pushing Mythic+ dungeons for highest levels (= loot)
    - World Quest farming
    - general raid preparation
    - gearing up multiple chars

Then, yeah, you are 'forced' to do PvP in Legion.

/sarcasm

Or maybe you just need the PvP gear to outgear PvE content (asuming that you are gud enough to actually get the Glad gear...)
    Last edited by chooi; 2016-06-12 at 11:34 AM.
    #MakeBlizzardGreatAgain

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    It was a bigger deal for alliance than for horde, since the alliance win % (particularly in SSM) was bad.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"