Poll: Subsidies for illegals

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bollocks View Post
    Silly us citizens, the article especifically mentions that they can buy the insurance, however they won't receive any subsidies.
    I would be fine with them receiving the subsidies for buying their own insurance...

Illegal immigrants are here, they aren't going anywhere. They get sick, injured, etc., the same as anyone. If they go to a hospital they have to be treated...

So the options are...

Don't let them buy their own insurance/make it un-affordable to them and have their medical costs be ONE HUNDRED PERCENT SUBSIDIZED BY THE GOVERNMENT?

Or.... Let them actually buy their own insurance, with a subsidy if available... Pretty easy decision for me.

This subsidy isn't like the government giving them money... Its a tax break... So these illegals WOULD HAVE TO BE PAYING TAXES to even get the subsidy.

Well considering they r ILLEGAL, y should they get anything besides jail time and/or a ticket home.

It's not really fair to all the immigrants that come here legally, all the time and money they spend coming here legally, to have random ppl just come in illegally not respecting our laws.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Master of Coins View Post
    Part of me strongly believes that every person in need of medical assistance should get it.

Reality isn't that kind though.
    The subject isn't going after the root problem, and that's how the illegals get in. Once in, you gotta treat them. But considering how many of them are coming from Mexico, maybe we should have a talk with Enrique Peña Nieto, the president of Mexico. Maybe do something to assist them to better their country, and fix their problems so it doesn't become our problem? Probably would be cheaper than to build a stupid wall.

does it only apply to those living there already?

cause then california is going to get flooded by ... the rest of the mexicans....

half the u.s is already an annex of mexico.... better find a way to start taxing those .... fine people
    Last edited by wowaccounttom; 2016-06-11 at 08:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by oxymoronic View Post
    obamacare is actually pretty decent. i know a few broke people that use it. helped them a lot. you know anybody or just making things up cause u dont like obama?
    Medicaid covers poor people and was already doing that for about 50 years before Obamacare.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    http://www.politico.com/story/2016/0...igrants-224205

should the American people pay for subsidies for illegal immigrants?
    But the article says that they won't get any subsidies:

"If the federal government approves the waiver, undocumented immigrants in California would be able to purchase exchange plans but couldn't receive the law's insurance subsidies."
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    http://www.politico.com/story/2016/0...igrants-224205

should the American people pay for subsidies for illegal immigrants?
    Funny that the article CLEARLY STATES that they wouldn't be getting fucking subsidies.

If the federal government approves the waiver, undocumented immigrants in California would be able to purchase exchange plans but couldn't receive the law's insurance subsidies. Adults still wouldn't be eligible for expanded Medicaid coverage under Obamacare.
    You really should read your own fucking links before spouting bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by StarGazer91 View Post
    This thread is gonna go places.

Not good places. But still, places.

*sits back with popcorn*
    Can we start banning people for posts like these? Like seriously why is there always one loser who needs to say this in every single thread ever made.

Quote Originally Posted by Synadrasa View Post
    Can we start banning people for posts like these? Like seriously why is there always one loser who needs to say this in every single thread ever made.
    Sure, if we have bans in place for also posting false information like Satimy did.

15+ Year Old Account
    As you posed a kind of misleading question in the OP, here is a relevant paragraph from the story you are referencing:

If the federal government approves the waiver, undocumented immigrants in California would be able to purchase exchange plans but couldn't receive the law's insurance subsidies. Adults still wouldn't be eligible for expanded Medicaid coverage under Obamacare
    So the American people are not paying for their subsidies. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    The argument is moot, because if they need to be treated then they go to hospitals, where they will get treated and will cost more. At least with Obamacare they get treated before things get worse, and get more expensive. Unless you want to pass a law where we let people die in hospitals cause Murica?

Also when we say "illegal immagrats", we mean south Americans and Mexicans. Cause sure as shit we aren't talking about those dirty Canadians with their free heathcare.
    Yeah, those are the only people here illegally.
    While they may be the majority ...here is a link for the rest
    http://immigration.procon.org/view.r...ourceID=000845

1.17 million people here,illegally from Asia. That is NOT a small number. % wise is looks small agreed.

Mexico should pay for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Sure, if we have bans in place for also posting false information like Satimy did.
    If we banned people for posting false information we'd lose 99% of our Conservative posters.

I personally am against this. Part of having a socialized system of any kind involves getting a hold of your immigration some so you make sure that those collecting it are collectively paying into it as well if able. The abuse of employers with illegals to avoid paying livable wages or benefits along with them being desperate enough to find work to accept those circumstances go against that.

The sad thing is they could fix the problem with illegals heavily with just 2 laws if they wanted but would never do so because it would end up punishing those causing the problem instead of just attacking the symptoms of it.

Also, the humor of this is not lost on me of how people saying this would trigger trumps supporters who claim to be against handouts and freeloading but when you look at his tax plan it is literally nothing but handouts and freeloading with little to no way of paying for it.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Lets just Annex Mexico and be done with all this crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    If we banned people for posting false information we'd lose 99% of our Conservative posters.
    Yep. And that would be a wonderful day.

Quote Originally Posted by BrerBear View Post
    A strange question to ask, seeing as the article clearly points out that they would get no subsidies.
    They would have to pay full cost themselves.
    Found the guy who doesn't know what expanded coverage means.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yelmurc View Post
    Lets just Annex Mexico and be done with all this crap.
    If we did that we'd need a bunch of authoritarian supercops a la judge dredd to deal with the crime.
    I think I've had enough of removing avatars today that feature girls covered in semen. Closing.
    -Darsithis

Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Yep. And that would be a wonderful day.
    Yep. The death of intellectual and ideological diversity is always a good thing.
    Whaleshark /spits on your science.

Quote Originally Posted by Irefusetodie View Post
    Yep. The death of intellectual and ideological diversity is always a good thing.
    Not sure how it would reduce diversity when it was talking about posting FALSE information, and that would apply to both the conservatives and liberals in the groups. Conservatives who posted true stuff would be completely safe.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

While i think they should be deported if found to be here illegally, the tax payers will pay for their healthcare whether they sign up for Obomacare or not. So do they get insurance and pay a reduced premium or get it totally free.