What Happened To The Old Tier Set?

The big bulky one that looks like this:

Is it gone forever? I kind of really liked it after you saw the 3d parts, even if the new one fits the class more.

what about it...? its still in

It's still there. DH's get two variations.
    You were good, kid, real good. But as long as I'm around, you'll always be second best, see?
    ______________________________________________________________________________
    Oh, and no comment from Xe'ra about how the assault on the black temple was being led in part by the naaru. So was hatred corrupting A'dal's mind too, you pretentious windchime?
    - Volpethrope

Quote Originally Posted by Emeraldon View Post
    It's still there. DH's get two variations.
    How will that be handled in the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Outland View Post
    How will that be handled in the game?
    Assuming it works as it does now, Two different models exist. With tier being apart of LFR in Legion, LFR, normal, and heroic will each share a set (they will obviously be recolored based on difficulty). Mythic will have a unique set (the one you see above I believe). Not sure about PVP, but in the past the rules have been similar.

Deleted
    I thought this is the new Mythic T19 set : wow.zamimg.com/uploads/screenshots/normal/516635-demon-hunter-tier-v2.jpg
    While I actually prefer this one, I'm wondering what will happen to the "bulky" one too.
    Last edited by mmocbdf7a161d4; 2016-06-12 at 10:26 AM. Reason: can't post pictures yet

I don't know why people are saying it's still in game. Nothing shows it still in the beta. No items show up for it on dungeon journals, nothing on wowhead for item sets or anything.

Pretty sure they removed it after the initial feedback that it was too bulky for DH. It's too bad, I think it would have been a neat set to get for maybe HFC.

I'm pretty sure this is how it's gonna work:

Starter gear

Tier 18 Normal/Heroic

Tier 18 Mythic

Class order hall set

Tier 19 Mythic/Heroic/Normal.

You can tell that the tier 19 here is the "real" tier 19 since it follows the same design choices as the other tier 19 sets. It has a lot of extra 3D effects on the Gloves, Pants, and boots, and it also follows the same flow as heroic/mythic does for everyone else. Notice how the only difference between heroic and mythic is the fire effects coming from the shoulders/helm.

Likewise on the druid tier 19, the only difference is a glowing set of feathers above the helm and on the shoulders. Whereas the stuff I have marked as tier 18 follows the same design flow of all the other tier 18 class sets.

Right now on the beta Demon hunters have a set of armor called FerroLeather dropping from all the tier bosses, and a trinket from archimonde. I don't really think they'd bother even putting that in if they weren't going to do something for the pre-patch Demon Hunters in 7.0. Even if no one can/does get the entire set, it's nice with the new transmog system for a newer class to have a lot of choices. Death Knight and Monk didn't really have a whole lot of options when they were introduced, so this is a nice way to stick some extra matching Tmog in at the very least.

Quote Originally Posted by laughtrey View Post
    I'm pretty sure this is how it's gonna work:

Starter gear

Tier 18 Normal/Heroic

Tier 18 Mythic

Class order hall set

Tier 19 Mythic/Heroic/Normal.

You can tell that the tier 19 here is the "real" tier 19 since it follows the same design choices as the other tier 19 sets. It has a lot of extra 3D effects on the Gloves, Pants, and boots, and it also follows the same flow as heroic/mythic does for everyone else. Notice how the only difference between heroic and mythic is the fire effects coming from the shoulders/helm.

Likewise on the druid tier 19, the only difference is a glowing set of feathers above the helm and on the shoulders. Whereas the stuff I have marked as tier 18 follows the same design flow of all the other tier 18 class sets.

Right now on the beta Demon hunters have a set of armor called FerroLeather dropping from all the tier bosses, and a trinket from archimonde. I don't really think they'd bother even putting that in if they weren't going to do something for the pre-patch Demon Hunters in 7.0. Even if no one can/does get the entire set, it's nice with the new transmog system for a newer class to have a lot of choices. Death Knight and Monk didn't really have a whole lot of options when they were introduced, so this is a nice way to stick some extra matching Tmog in at the very least.
    Except what you have as t18 shows up on the Beta as tier 19. The tier 18 also has the 3D set pieces (look at the boots) Also the gloves have 3D armor.

Here's the dungeon journal with mythic t18 from Nighthold raid
    http://i.imgur.com/BpleFIm.jpg

Yep, that old set is gone. It does not appear anywhere in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimzum View Post
    Except what you have as t18 shows up on the Beta as tier 19. The tier 18 also has the 3D set pieces (look at the boots) Also the gloves have 3D armor.

Here's the dungeon journal with mythic t18 from Nighthold raid
    http://i.imgur.com/BpleFIm.jpg
    Yeah and the offset pieces from Emerald Nightmare are the same models as HFC Rogue tier. You really think that is all final? If anything that shows they had the HFC set finished first, and used it as placeholder if they're using HFC items in Emerald Nightmare. They haven't got the loot all sorted out yet, the LFR pieces are the exact same as Normal as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Yep, that old set is gone. It does not appear anywhere in the game.
    This is my fear. Shouldn't scrap the set, it was nice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just SOOOOO bulky for a class that is so about lightness and swiftness that they wear less than anyone else.

For a game that has to reuse art assets as much as WoW currently does, I doubt they are going to scrap the 1st version of the tier entirely. It will probably pop up somewhere. There are plenty of secrets in Legion and I'm sure several aren't implemented in the Beta.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rahkhun View Post

How can you look at

And think "wow that looks so nice"
    I just fucking want this boots ! The set was ugly as fuck, but the boots...

who the hell is gonna play with shoulders and helm visible as a DH anyways
    Science the shit out of it!

little necro but any news on this i really need this set in my life

Deleted
    I loved this set. the new one is just super ugly in my opinion. well, just have to use some old transmog stuff then i guess.

Hmmz they confirmed demonhunters are able to get garrisons right ? what set will drop from the salvage crates ?

It's still in the game files, as well as being in the games' credits artwork. More than likely it's going to be the set for the Tier after the launch raids.