Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    My step dad won't quit smoking. He already almost kicked it a few years ago when pneumonia and his love of smoking really just came together.

I can agree to it, It just depends on were. Does my mom want to buy buried back in Wales or in the States? I don't want to herd an Alzheimer old woman back across the sea just so I can poison her and conveniently stick her in the ground.
    Just sort of on this topic, there's a great video by the late Terry Pratchett on this (assisted suicide and dementia like illnesses), and it's a great watch. I ended up sending it to my mother as she's asked the same thing if that ever happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Arthas242 View Post
    are population growth for CITIZENS is 2.1, aka break even for sustaining population
    Isn't 2.1 slightly above break even - even in the US?

Quote Originally Posted by Chitika View Post
    How is that possible? Are people beeing forced to smoke and drink in the US?
    No, but unhealthy habits as smoking and drinking is not seen as suicide. There might be a few that actually deliberately decided to drink themselves to death - but the overwhelming majority didn't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    Well duh.

The nation with the most lax gun enforcement and some of the worst healthcare(in terms of availability and end-user cost) in the first world having higher death rates?

Color me shocked.
    Exactly. And we have the crazies going around defending the right for any nut job to buy a gun, and think Obamacare should be destroyed because their premiums went up. But no, don't tax the rich cause they wouldn't supply jobs and pay for things. The things they're not doing anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Possibly. My dad is on the early end and he's 67. So assuming average life is early 70s it's pretty close. Although I refuse to believe my dad won't live forever.

I've also said I'd ok with my parents getting assisted suicide if they get dementia diseases. I've seen what they do to people, and death is a far kinder fate.
    my dad is 66 and with diabetes (although its mostly controlled now via diet) and i also refuse to believe that he isnt inmortal, i dont want him or my mom to die
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Deleted
    Well duh.

The nation with the most lax gun enforcement and some of the worst healthcare(in terms of availability and end-user cost) in the first world having higher death rates?

Color me shocked.
    Cars kill far, faaaaaaaaaar more people than guns.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    Exactly. And we have the crazies going around defending the right for any nut job to buy a gun, and think Obamacare should be destroyed because their premiums went up. But no, don't tax the rich cause they wouldn't supply jobs and pay for things. The things they're not doing anyway.

I'll just quote myself because you know, you don't know...

Oh wow you are so right, I mean look at gun related deaths topping the charts in 2015

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/lead...s-of-death.htm

Number of deaths for leading causes of death
    Heart disease: 614,348
    • Cancer: 591,699
    • Chronic lower respiratory diseases: 147,101
    • Accidents (unintentional injuries): 136,053
    • Stroke (cerebrovascular diseases): 133,103
    • Alzheimer's disease: 93,541
    • Diabetes: 76,488
    • Influenza and pneumonia: 55,227
    • Nephritis, nephrotic syndrome, and nephrosis: 48,146
    • Intentional self-harm (suicide): 42,773

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    there is nothing wrong with authoritarianism.
    I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and roll with "sarcasm" rather than the obvious ignorance such a statement implies.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Never fear, I will do my bit to save you from extinction and increase the US population on my next visit.
    Keep your funky seed on your side of the pond.

10+ Year Old Account
    Baby Boomers + the usual none age related causes of death?

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Deleted
    maybe murica in the future will have decent elth care and scrap all the guns apart from the military and armed police etc, public cant be trustedwit guns as itshows in countless news articles of someone taking an assault rifle into a high school and killing aload of people

In this thread, burnouts complain that guns are the cause of death while ignoring the cancer blooming in their skulls.
    You're not to think you are anything special. You're not to think you are as good as we are. You're not to think you are smarter than we are. You're not to convince yourself that you are better than we are. You're not to think you know more than we do. You're not to think you are more important than we are. You're not to think you are good at anything. You're not to laugh at us. You're not to think anyone cares about you. You're not to think you can teach us anything.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's called thinning the herd

Deleted
    Nothing special about death rates. It always comes in peak, ie when a generation reaches high age, then it drops and rises again.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FurryFoxWolf View Post
    maybe murica in the future will have decent elth care and scrap all the guns apart from the military and armed police etc, public cant be trustedwit guns as itshows in countless news articles of someone taking an assault rifle into a high school and killing aload of people
    Quote Originally Posted by StarGazer91 View Post
    Lets have a look shall we?

America has to get involved in every war, lest they feel like they've been left out.
    Extremely high fat diets with almost no exercise.
    Easy access to weapons.
    Americans seem to have no real regards to safety. Combine this with stupid trends, ala planking, it doesn't help much.
    And though the birthrate is going down, there are many more people in america when compared to most countries.

So ofcourse the death rate is going is going to be going up. Stupid people are getting stupider, being told it's ok to be unhealthily fat, putting their lives in danger. It makes sense.
    I wonder how maybe people I can fit in a single reply...

Oh wow you are so right, I mean look at gun related deaths topping the charts in 2015

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/lead...s-of-death.htm

Number of deaths for leading causes of death
    Heart disease: 614,348
    • Cancer: 591,699
    • Chronic lower respiratory diseases: 147,101
    • Accidents (unintentional injuries): 136,053
    • Stroke (cerebrovascular diseases): 133,103
    • Alzheimer's disease: 93,541
    • Diabetes: 76,488
    • Influenza and pneumonia: 55,227
    • Nephritis, nephrotic syndrome, and nephrosis: 48,146
    • Intentional self-harm (suicide): 42,773

Well duh.

Color me shocked.
    That doesn't make sense because gun laws haven't changed and for years the death rate was going down. Also, are you saying Obamacare has led to more deaths and we should've stuck to the old way? Because literally that is the only change that relates to guns and healthcare.
    X

Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    Cars kill far, faaaaaaaaaar more people than guns.
    Cars have utility and economic value outside of killing others. Unless of course, you would like to go on foot all day every day? Not like they are mutually exclusive to begin with.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Drekker17 View Post
    That doesn't make sense because gun laws haven't changed and for years the death rate was going down. Also, are you saying Obamacare has led to more deaths and we should've stuck to the old way? Because literally that is the only change that relates to guns and healthcare.
    Just because I mentioned gun and healthcare in the same breath doesn't mean I said they were related. But nice strawman.

Also, gun laws have gotten less stringent over the years, the death rate was going down before all of that "guns protect innocents from guns" crap.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Possibly. My dad is on the early end and he's 67. So assuming average life is early 70s it's pretty close. Although I refuse to believe my dad won't live forever.

I've also said I'd ok with my parents getting assisted suicide if they get dementia diseases. I've seen what they do to people, and death is a far kinder fate.
    My dad is only 48. Closing in on 50. I'm already preparing for the writeoff because men on my dad's side rarely see past mid-late 50s.

It'll be either heart disease or some kind of cancer. It runs deep.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The BANNzoman View Post
    My dad is only 48. Closing in on 50. I'm already preparing for the writeoff because men on my dad's side rarely see past mid-late 50s.

Never know. My dad died when he was 62, his dad was 43, his one brother was 48, another was 76 and one was 84 when they died. All from heart disease. So do not be so quick to write him off just yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The BANNzoman View Post

My dad is an anomaly. He's already outlived both his father (49) and grandfathers (mid 60s). However he doesn't smoke, which is what all his male relatives did. So he's likely to live awhile if he can get his weight based diabetes fixed, since the women in the family live to their 90s.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Coins View Post
    Better to overdose on freedom than to live long oppressed under a nanny-state.
    Its repressed you fool, not oppressed.

Infracted - minor spam
    Last edited by Crissi; 2016-06-12 at 03:21 AM.

Cars have utility and economic value outside of killing others. Unless of course, you would like to go on foot all day every day? Not like they are mutually exclusive to begin with.
    They don't really though. Cars obfuscate their cost pretty well by pushing it off onto others, but their net economic value is much less than zero. Guns kill, but they just kill. Cars on the other hand promote obesity, ruin air quality, increase the spread of disease, deform the landscape, encourage farming methods that destroy the environment, promote over use of antibiotics, increase population density and move that dense population close to extremely dense industrial businesses that cause their own share of problems. And since cars pretty much create the sort of living space required for guns to be a serious health issue, you have to give cars much of the credit for gun deaths as well.