Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HardlyWaken View Post
    I'll need to look further into it, to be honest. I only know a little about that situation, but from what I gathered, he felt he couldn't be properly judged because of how the media has distorted him and his favorability among hispanics... that's not really that farfetched. However, I'll look more into it. Or feel free to fill me in.
    Guess what? Criminals don't get to pick who judges them.

If everyone could pick and choose only judges favorable to them, then no one would go to prison for anything and the entire criminal justice system would be pointless.

He also said Muslims and women could not judge him either. Next it will be Mitt Romney and other Never Trumpers can't judge him. Who can judge him then? Only himself apparently: and that is nothing short of the kind of dictator that he is showing so much love to.

A lot of marks against Trump can be applied to most politicians is the funny thing. This is one of them. Not exactly defending him, just saying that arguments against him certainly shouldnt be applying to 90% of all other politicians.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    A lot of marks against Trump can be applied to most politicians is the funny thing. This is one of them. Not exactly defending him, just saying that arguments against him certainly shouldnt be applying to 90% of all other politicians.
    Umm, it is a little more specific than that.

Yeah, no offense, Wells, but I refuse to get into any debate with you. You're about the furthest left "I only believe it if it supports my views" person on this forum. It'd be like arguing with Tennis, no thanks.
    You're really bad at crafting and defending arguments. You brought up HuffPo's editorial note. If you're not willing to defend the claims about the thing you said within a single post of getting questioned then many political threads aren't for you.

Much of the stuff people complain about Trump applies to all of the candidates, the only difference is people get far more offended when Trump says something about a group people are currently white-knighting. I'm not going to try to speak logic into that circle jerk.
    I haven't heard any other candidates say a respected judge was incapable of being impartial because of his race.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean fuck, even Paul Ryan said it was textbook racism.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    This sounds a lot like "if you cherry pick what he's said he's totally not racist or sexist".
    No, thats what you're doing to prove he's racist. Illegals and Muslims aren't a race though, he has gone on the record to say he loves immigrants (he's married to immigrants) But he slips up and the left finds a way to be offended. Totally cool about Clinton calling blacks super predators though, that gets a pass cause Bill was like an honorary black guy right?

Which also isn't what they said in the quote you're supposed to be talking about.
    Well here is one factual statement, he cant ban all muslims for entering some are already in the US. But it wouldn't be the first time the US has ever used internment camps, I think you're forgetting we are still in an open war, if we want to be in it or not, against radical muslims, who by the way aren't just a handful of them, a lot of muslims hold views that most western civilizations would see as "radical" and are one of the biggest opponents to feminism and equality.

Holy christ you're trying hard here.
    This is not an argument.

"The media" sure did trick millions of Hispanics....

No way they could just despise the man if they knew The Truth.
    So what about the Hispanics who love Trump? I guess those are the bad ones right. The reality is the ones who hate Trump the most are the ones who are in the country illegally.

You have to love Donald Trump. Even when he is talking silly, he makes it worse by adding his ego to it.

"I am least racist person in world".

Notice the use of "least"...He is just so good at everything! You know how you avoid capture? You dodge service!

Quote Originally Posted by Telomerase View Post

If everyone could pick and choose only judges favorable to them, then no one would go to prison for anything and the entire criminal justice system would be pointless.

He also said Muslims and women could not judge him either. Next it will be Mitt Romney and other Never Trumpers can't judge him. Who can judge him then? Only himself apparently: and that is nothing short of the kind of dictator that he is showing so much love to.
    There is no right answer. He's not perfect, I'm not trying to say he is, never have. I personally just tend to favor him over the other main runners. However, it's a rough time to be in court when you're on the news 24/7 with an entire media army doing everything they can to shape America's views against you to curb their likeness to an opposing party candidate. Think about it for a second. He's being smeared 24/7 with the actual intent to lower his likeness for the sake of someone else. It probably is hard to find someone able to give an unbiased judgement.

And sure, "criminals can't pick their judges" but judgement is supposed to be unbiased, it's a no-win game. Don't pin me for something I'm not. I'm not a die-hard Trump fan, but he's probably not wrong to suggest that, let's be totally honest. Truth isn't racism, it's just unpleasant sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Guchie View Post

So what about the Hispanics who love Trump? I guess those are the bad ones right. The reality is the ones who hate Trump the most are the ones who are in the country illegally.

So Judge Curiel is an illegal? According to Trump, Curiel clearly hates him..

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't think the intent was to endorse Hillary or something similar. But to dispell the idea of Trump being a pro-veteran.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbond592 View Post
    You have to love Donald Trump. Even when he is talking silly, he makes it worse by adding his ego to it.

"I am least racist person in world".

Notice the use of "least"...He is just so good at everything! You know how you avoid capture? You dodge service!
    Wow, nice catch!

Talk about a Freudian Slip.

No, thats what you're doing to prove he's racist. Illegals and Muslims aren't a race though, he has gone on the record to say he loves immigrants (he's married to immigrants) But he slips up and the left finds a way to be offended. Totally cool about Clinton calling blacks super predators though, that gets a pass cause Bill was like an honorary black guy right?
    "He slips up" doesn't hold any water when he doubles down on which races aren't able to be impartial judges in his cases.

Well here is one factual statement, he cant ban all muslims for entering some are already in the US. But it wouldn't be the first time the US has ever used internment camps, I think you're forgetting we are still in an open war, if we want to be in it or not, against radical muslims, who by the way aren't just a handful of them, a lot of muslims hold views that most western civilizations would see as "radical" and are one of the biggest opponents to feminism and equality.
    I don't give a shit if you agree with his proposal to ban muslims from entering the country. Its still something he proposed to the HuffPo editorial comment is correct.
    So what about the Hispanics who love Trump?
    What about them? Are you trying to argue that Trump is not wildly disliked among Hispanics?

The reality is the ones who hate Trump the most are the ones who are in the country illegally.
    Cite your source.

You're right, but the accused do have a right to a fair trial. It's not about getting a favorable judge, just a judge without any possibility of a bias. Justice is blind after all.

Except it all pertains to veterans. You disagreeing for rhetorical reasons doesn't make it any less so.
    No, it doesn't. The fuck does Trump mocking reporters have to do with veterans? Fuck all, that's what.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'll need to look further into it, to be honest. I only know a little about that situation, but from what I gathered, he felt he couldn't be properly judged because of how the media has distorted him and his favorability among hispanics... that's not really that farfetched. However, I'll look more into it. Or feel free to fill me in.
    Here let the Speaker of the House help you.

House Speaker Paul Ryan ripped Donald Trump's recent remarks saying a judge presiding over a lawsuit involving his business was biased because of his Mexican heritage as "the textbook definition of a racist comment."
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    No, it doesn't. The fuck does Trump mocking reporters have to do with veterans? Fuck all, that's what.
    Did you even read it? You clearly didn't. Plugging your ears while humming is not the equivalent of reading.

Mocking a disabled reporter. The veteran author is disabled from active duty.

Umm, it is a little more specific than that.
    No. It really isn't.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

"He slips up" doesn't hold any water when he doubles down on which races aren't able to be impartial judges in his cases.

I don't give a shit if you agree with his proposal to ban muslims from entering the country. Its still something he proposed to the HuffPo editorial comment is correct.

What about them? Are you trying to argue that Trump is not wildly disliked among Hispanics?

Cite your source.
    You're citing editorial pieces, I think sources go out the window. THis is an online debate and you're only source is editorials where they have a very anti-Donald bias, you dont post any facts other than cherry picking words to fit your narrative, I'm just doing the same back to you, if you find it annoying, try shutting up.

7+ Year Old Account
    You're right, but the accused do have a right to a fair trial. It's not about getting a favorable judge, just a judge without any possibility of a bias. Justice is blind after all.
    If you read what Trump said at the time it does seem like a butthurt answer, trying to appeal to the judge's "nationality" to dismiss him

10+ Year Old Account
    No. It really isn't.
    The "reading comprehension" on this one...

Did you even read it? You clearly didn't. Plugging your ears while humming is not the equivalent of reading.

Mocking a disabled reporter. The veteran author is disabled from active duty.
    And? Trump was mocking him for being disabled, not because he was a veteran.