Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Telomerase View Post
    What he has to gain is avoiding prison time for fraud. Convince your supporters it is politically motivated because you are running for president and they will argue in your defense without knowing all of the details.

I wouldn't be surprised if this was the entire reason he is running for president. The whole "open up the libel laws" comment out of left field was a big clue to this.
    He said he already knew, and wasn't getting prison time. I specifically was wondering what he had to gain from the comment if he already knew he wasn't going to prison. I'm trying to pick up some facts here in the midst of the mud-slinging, so you have to bare with me, but what you explained is, yes, why he'd say that if he didn't know the extent of his punishment. However, he said it was said afterwards, so he must have has some alternative motive.

Deleted
    If anything a good reason to vote Trump is because he opposes the Manmade Global Warming hoax.

Quote Originally Posted by Telomerase View Post
    Another straw man.

Keep trying, maybe the 10th time it will stick.
    Haha you're fun man, you should really read your own signature sometime and take it to heart, would do you some good in the future cause your brain is completely shut off to anything outside your own narrative.

Unlike you this will be my last response to you, no go one and claim it as a victory, I'm sure you will.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by vexew View Post
    If anything a good reason to vote Trump is because he opposes the Manmade Global Warming hoax.
    Low quality bait friend. BUT at least he isn't an anti-vaxxer.

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Guchie View Post
    Haha you're fun man, you should really read your own signature sometime and take it to heart, would do you some good in the future cause your brain is completely shut off to anything outside your own narrative.

Unlike you this will be my last response to you, no go one and claim it as a victory, I'm sure you will.
    But I thought you already won? And here you are giving up.

The irony.

7+ Year Old Account
    Maybe he can't, maybe the Judge won't be biased. But the defense does have the right to bring up the possibility and have it looked into. The judge could recuse himself and let someone else take the case, I mean isn't like he has any vested interest in it, it's just another case to him. If Trump is guilty any judge will do correct?
    And have you wondered why the lawyers for Trump haven't raised it? They aren't raising it at all. Only Trump is.

"Trump's attorneys in the case did not respond to inquiries from CNN. But one of them, Daniel Petrocelli, said a month ago, "We're not seeking to recuse the judge." He told Yahoo News, "The judge is doing his job.""

There is no need for the judge to recuse himself because Trump is a bigot and in fact he can't as he has no conflict. Trump needs to show something other than his bigoted reasoning and then formally make his claims. Again have you wondered why he hasn't? Because he can't.
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pangean View Post
    And have you wondered why the lawyers for Trump haven't raised it? They aren't raising it at all. Only Trump is.

"Trump's attorneys in the case did not respond to inquiries from CNN. But one of them, Daniel Petrocelli, said a month ago, "We're not seeking to recuse the judge." He told Yahoo News, "The judge is doing his job.""

There is no need for the judge to recuse himself because Trump is a bigot and in fact he can't as he has no conflict. Trump needs to show something other than his bigoted reasoning and then formally make his claims. Again have you wondered why he hasn't? Because he can't.
    Because all he wanted from this is a way to save face in front of his supporters when the judge rules against the university. It is, and always has been about the campaign, not the trial.

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vexew View Post
    Except that we have isotopic evidence already, so...

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Magnus View Post
    Because one is systemic, one is speculative.
    Oh good someone who is open to comment. Ok so we got systemic racism in play, but you have to proof it. Incarceration rates would be a good start, we can see that black men are typically sentenced to longer sentences then their white counterparts, I'll give you that, I will even concede there is a bias, and judgments are harsher on black men then white men.

But if we apply that same logic, doesn't that prove systemic sexism against men? ALL men, regardless of race, see harsher prison sentences (and other justice rulings favoring women over men in different courts) then their female counterparts?

And further, if we do admit that there is sexism against men in the courts it would diminish the possibility of systemic sexism against women thus be an argument against third wave feminism and "patriarchy"?

- - - Updated - - -

The attorneys dont have to raise it, Trump did, now the media talks about it non stop. It's already out there, even if Trump gets called a bigot, its out there and questioned.

Again, I have no proof of the judge being biased, I think it could be possible but that is just an assumption, anyone COULD be biased though. My shock comes from the fact that people can call Trump a racist for suggesting it.

I mostly find it funny cause it wasnt until Trump got into Politics that he was accused of being a racist so harshly.

7+ Year Old Account
    This is a good question and I dont know. I think in high profile cases it matters, to send a message out, I dont think the DoJ should step in and force the judge to recuse himself, but I think the judge should to remove all doubt.

Best way to safe face without setting precedent at least.

The point is supposed to be a fair trial, or the illusion of one, not sticking it to Trump.
    Uh no. Judges don't recuse themselves to make someone feel all warm and fuzzy. They do so when there is an actual conflict. There is none.

"Federal judges have an affirmative obligation not to recuse themselves except for legally sufficient grounds. That stops the reverse of judge-shopping: ditching unpleasant, boring, or otherwise undesirable cases."
    https://popehat.com/2016/06/06/lawsp...selves-anyway/

Because all he wanted from this is a way to save face in front of his supporters when the judge rules against the university. It is, and always has been about the campaign, not the trial.
    I like you, you're logical.

What you say makes sense, he probably know Trump U was a lost cause and is trying to save face for the campaign.

- - - Updated - - -

Uh no. Judges don't recuse themselves to make someone feel all warm and fuzzy. They do so when there is an actual conflict. There is none.

"Federal judges have an affirmative obligation not to recuse themselves except for legally sufficient grounds. That stops the reverse of judge-shopping: ditching unpleasant, boring, or otherwise undesirable cases."
    https://popehat.com/2016/06/06/lawsp...selves-anyway/

Haha ok that is funny and you are totally right. Thanks for the info man.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HardlyWaken View Post
    This part is relevant, and good to know.

As for the first part, it's not unprecedented. The GOP didn't want him in the first place, he essentially sabotaged their plans. They've been trying to keep him out since he began. So saying Ryan disagreed with him really doesn't mean a whole lot.

The highlighted bit is a good bit of information, but here's the thing. In 2013 he wasn't running for president and didn't have a 70-something unfavorable view from Hispanics. He was in his corner until he was media-bashed and was turned into the mega-racist he's known for now, and is now not in his favor. Now, I'm not saying he should be in his favor, but it shouldn't be hard to see how this could feel like it was relevant to and had connections to the unfavorable painting from the media that only started recently, technically.

Not that I support this, because it's very dangerous, but I'd imagine the twisting of his words and image to turn him into a monster to push political agendas has probably made him literally paranoid. That's the feeling I get, is that he's paranoid. But at the same time, I find it hard to fault him for being paranoid.
    Yeah it is. Find me another comment from a sitting house speaker against his party's presidential candidate of this magnitude.

Trump's use of dog whistles and outright examples of bigotry as with the judge are more than enough to conclude the following. He is either a bigot who believes what he is saying. Or he is someone who doesn't but uses those things to draw in people who are. Neither one speaks well of him.

It only became relevant when he was ruled against on Summary Judgment. Till then not a word. But the fact is it's the way Trump acts when things don't go his way. Look at his childishness in the debates, with the name calling and distortions. His actions with the judge are simply an extension of that. The problem is he took on someone in a way that went way beyond his normal bullshit. And the facts were all there for folks to see. And when they saw it they saw him have a temper tantrum and use bigotry as an excuse for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    So much hate
    I may not agree with what you say but I will fight to the death to defend your right to say it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yuip. The case isn't looking good for him and he is pre-building his excuse for a possible loss. What I find amusing though is why he did the Trump U thing to begin with. It's a penny ante thing that wouldn't raise a lot of money. It's almost like he is scraping the barrel for money. A funny behavior from someone who claims to have 10 Billion dollar worth. It's almost like he isn't a Billionaire. Hmmmm.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bushtuckrman View Post
    So much hate
    It took the entire media to force him into donating to veterans

Quote Originally Posted by Bushtuckrman View Post
    So much hate
    so much lying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bollocks View Post
    It took the entire media to force him into donating to veterans
    lol no r u for real or what? Trump haters just can't accept reality

Just stop with all the race baitin
    I may not agree with what you say but I will fight to the death to defend your right to say it.

I don't think he "hates" them, but I do think that if someone speaks out against him, he won't pull his punches, citizen or veteran alike. Look at McCain, he essentially called him a loser for being a prisoner of war. I don't think Trump "hates" anyone, I feel like he is on your side until you aren't useful to him anymore, and I think that's just as dangerous, if not more than hate.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

One person speaking for a bunch of people they have no right to speak for. "Veterans" are not one cohesive demographic of like-minded people; they all have their own opinions on things, including on Donald Trump.

7+ Year Old Account
    The attorneys dont have to raise it, Trump did, now the media talks about it non stop. It's already out there, even if Trump gets called a bigot, its out there and questioned.

Again, I have no proof of the judge being biased, I think it could be possible but that is just an assumption, anyone COULD be biased though. My shock comes from the fact that people can call Trump a racist for suggesting it.

I mostly find it funny cause it wasnt until Trump got into Politics that he was accused of being a racist so harshly.
    Thank you for admitting it's bullshit. If he believed it was true he should have pressed for recusal. He won't because he knows if he does his is going to be sanctioned for it because it's a lie. And how did his campaign do when he went on this bigoted jag? His polling numbers went down across the board and GOP leaders were calling his comments racist and a disgrace. That is certainly a winner move on his part.

Oh and Trumps racism was raised before he going into the 2016 race? Step out of the bubble. http://www.snopes.com/donald-trump-racist-meme/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    I don't think he "hates" them, but I do think that if someone speaks out against him, he won't pull his punches, citizen or veteran alike. Look at McCain, he essentially called him a loser for being a prisoner of war. I don't think Trump "hates" anyone, I feel like he is on your side until you aren't useful to him anymore, and I think that's just as dangerous, if not more than hate.
    I think its more he is on your side until you do something against him. Look at late last year with the republican nomination he didm't attack anyone who didn't attack him. He said nothing bad about Ted Cruz until Ted made a move against him for example.