Poll: Is legion the end of alt armys ?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    No it isn't, jesus christ I wish you people would learn to read or listen to stuff people say..........Ion has stated SEVERAL times there are going to be catch up mechanics for artifacts and alts.
    Maybe you should rerezd those statemens then. The devs specifically said there would be catch up mechanics within the dame same char (thus for the char's different specs) and NO catch up mechanic for alts.

Maybe they'll add it after a few patcher but definately not at launch. (Just speculating here)
    made by Shyama

10+ Year Old Account
    Dunno know how it'll play out but as it is, I'll probably just be playing my shaman (horde) and my death knight (alliance). If its easier to catch up alts, I'll then play my paladin (alliance) and then my demon hunter (undecided yet).
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Quote Originally Posted by gruxxar View Post
    Maybe you should rerezd those statemens then. The devs specifically said there would be catch up mechanics within the dame same char (thus for the char's different specs) and NO catch up mechanic for alts.

Maybe they'll add it after a few patcher but definately not at launch. (Just speculating here)
    Here is a relevant quote from the interviews:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Chilton and Chris Robinson
    There are catch up mechanics for alts, other specs, and for everyone as time passes for leveling Artifact weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Rather:

You level all your alts to 110 ASAP. You start artifact knowledge research, login every 5 days to update the alts, repeat. After the first 50 days you go back to playing all your alts (go do Suramar with each of them and you will have boatloads of AP).
    We have a winner.

You have to do some World Quests for 1.5k Ressources per Research sometime, though.

And Artifact Knowledge doesn't increase AP gain from Quest AP like Suramar. It only increases repeatable AP gains (World Quests, Dungeons, random drops, etc.) - so you can safely quest Suramar before
    #MakeBlizzardGreatAgain

There will be catch up mechanics for sure, they said something in the recent summit interview about faster AP gain over time and stuff so. Offspec will also get their big bonus from resarching extra AP gain, think it can go all the way up to 200 or 300% or something after a few months or so. It will be more work than before for sure, but still not a big problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinndor View Post
    No for alts. For other specs. Alts will not have boosted Artifact power leveling. And if they will then it will completly devalue any sor of work what have you dont on your main. Spending tons of hours on your main character weapoon then swap to alt and do same progression what will take less time will just destroy progression on your main. All that effort and work what you have done on your main completly useless becouse now your other chars for some ranrdom reason can do same thing much much faster.
    Tom Chilton and Chris Robinson

There are catch up mechanics for alts, other specs, and for everyone as time passes for leveling Artifact weapons.

Maybe you guys should read the main page?
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiyr View Post
    Here is a relevant quote from the interviews:
    I stand corrected then. Maybe I read an earlier statement then.
    In any case, thats good news, cause i love my alt!
    made by Shyama

Yes-Its a good thing. I have 16 100s and only 1 feels kind of meaningful...because hes 740+ lol

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Where is the "I hope so" option?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Ah that has been tested? I wasn't sure exactly how it worked. So, collect NO treasures till you cap research, then get the inevitable addon and go on an exploration spree (instead of Suramar).

You will get a lot of Resource doing your class campaign while leveling to 110; it gives massive amounts of resource.
    Most treasures are a one-time thing thus not repeatable. So no, I guess they won't count for artifact knowledge but I can't verify.
    #MakeBlizzardGreatAgain

If it is, it's about damn time. Poll sucks btw.

You play alts for variety, so what does it matter how far back your alt is on the artifact? Even then, they said it would take roughly 2 months to cap out your weapon if you do the stuff thats needed every week and playing somewhat activly. pretty sure you can cap out your alts artifact in the upcoming 26 months after.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

The reason for me having 33 toons at 100, is that WoD had fuck all in terms of meaningful content beyond leveling, Garrison and Raiding. I'm VERY happy that Legion will be a return to having a main and alts that matter to you. I'll probably only get my "main 12" to 110. There will be catch-up mechanics as usual eventually in the expansion.

Naaah. I mean, maybe if by army you mean 10+ active characters, but from my experiences with AP you could easily get alts up to raid-ready status if you wanted to. Sure, Artifact Points are a grind, but I think it's often overestimated how much value you actually get from a maxed artifact as opposed to an alt's only 60-70% done artifact. Depending on the class it could barely matter at all.

If you really like alts, you're still going to have them and I'd argue the grind means you'll play them more rather than less. You may be playing less alts but I'd argue (I may bite myself in the ass for saying this now if Legion sucks) you'll be enjoying them a lot more.

you want to have all alt max level in 1 week ? for god sake, learn to farm , i'm not against the fact that could take a few months having all class to max level and in good position to doing anything in legion

It's a good thing I'm casual as sin.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

It's a bit weird how people can repeat the same worries every damned expansion, yet it ALWAYS turns out fine with catch-up mechanics and shit...

I'm split on this. I always like having a shit ton of decent alts to do stuff with, as i get bored with 1 char, but i also like the repercussions, making me focus on 1-2 chars only, instead of a dozen.

That being said, it remains to be seen how penalizing it will be to your main if you have alts, and the potential loss of artifact power.

Also, most people play with alts when they're done with the main for the week... did the raid, reached cap on valor\wtv, and have nothing else to do. With Artifact Power not having a limit, you'll actually be penalizing your main if you play on alts, since you could be improving him further.

hint : add a weekly cap for artifact power pls.

Deleted
    Love it is all I can say. Finally you start making some meaningful choices - you just "can't" spec to your offspec for some encounter, and then perform just as good. At least not untill you reached all traits on your main artifact and start to improve your offspec.
    Those who prefers arms over fury don't have to go fury, just because it is better for one or two single encounters in a raid.
    I look at offspec artifact as a new kind of *alt* toon

I'm all in for *chose the spec you want and play it* approach

Excuse me if I've been misinformed. But doesnt blizzard normally say this artifact power catch up is for ALT SPECS rather than alt characters?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    It's a bit weird how people can repeat the same worries every damned expansion, yet it ALWAYS turns out fine with catch-up mechanics and shit...
    There has never been anything like this in prior expansions.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg