Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Tai Rin View Post
    I'm sure that if they did that it would only apply to the open world, not to dungeons or raids. Being able to solo those is important to enough people that I don't think Blizzard would take it away (especially not after spending a lot of time in WoD beta making sure everything pre-MoP was soloable).
    They could always offer two modes: scalable or at level. That would let those that want a challenge to let the dungeon scale and to those that want to solo, they can just roll through.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    Indeed. It allready happened in swtor. They scaled everything with no option to turn off. It is a good thing for many players to get more content per say. But when you can't toggle it. It ruins it for many aswell. I quit swtor a few weeks after the scaling happened.
    Why would you quit because of scaling? Even with the scaling the quests are easy enough that you can still easily solo the hardest of the quests (Heroic 4+).

Quote Originally Posted by Alydael View Post
    Why would you quit because of scaling? Even with the scaling the quests are easy enough that you can still easily solo the hardest of the quests (Heroic 4+).
    Not world bosses and dungeons and such.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by skannerz22 View Post
    how the fuck does zone scaling even work?

a level 20 is standing next to a level 100 in goldshire
    does the level 20 get attacked by a level 100 wolf next to that cow?

or does the level 100 see the level 20 get attacked by a level 20 wolf and when the level 100 tries to help they are unable to 1hit the wolf because the level 100 now sees a level 100 wolf attacking the level 20?
    wtf
    what wtf????????????

because if they are on seperate phases the players unable to see each other then that just makes the world feel more empty
    Afaik they improved their phasing technology so much that a lvl 20 and lvl 100 could technically be in the same instance and see eachother, but the lvl 20 would see a lvl 20 wolf that the lvl 100 does not see, and a lvl 100 sees a lvl 100 wolf that the lvl 20 does not see.

E.g. mobs phase in and out individually based on your character level.
    It's insanely advanced tech, hence they want to iron it out in Legion first to get it 100% flawless before applying it to the old world (if a lvl 110 mob bugs out and attacks a lvl 100 it is much less impact than a lvl 110 mob bugging out and attacking a lvl 10).

Quote Originally Posted by Voidmaster View Post
    Afaik they improved their phasing technology so much that a lvl 20 and lvl 100 could technically be in the same instance and see eachother, but the lvl 20 would see a lvl 20 wolf that the lvl 100 does not see, and a lvl 100 sees a lvl 100 wolf that the lvl 20 does not see.

E.g. mobs phase in and out individually based on your character level.
    It's insanely advanced tech, hence they want to iron it out in Legion first to get it 100% flawless before applying it to the old world (if a lvl 110 mob bugs out and attacks a lvl 100 it is much less impact than a lvl 110 mob bugging out and attacking a lvl 10).
    But hows does the dmg work then ? Me lvl 110 was fighting a mob lvl 110 with my lvl 103 friend. the same mob we both fought was lvl 110 and 103 at the same time. How do they calculate when the mob dies seeing he has 2 health pools and 2 dmg sources doing different dmg. Because when i hit the mob on my screen., His lower lvl mob lost health on his. and vice versa.

Do they add the health pools internaly and then making it avarage ? My small brain is noit grasping any of this.
    Or maybe its as simple as i dmg wolf 110 for 3 % dmg. Wolf 100 will also take 3% dmg. Then the amount of dmg i doo to my 110 wolf will not matter much. Since its the same %
    Last edited by glowpipe; 2016-06-12 at 12:53 PM.

It's more sustainable to scale us to the content.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Deleted
    But hows does the dmg work then ? Me lvl 110 was fighting a mob lvl 110 with my lvl 103 friend. the same mob we both fought was lvl 110 and 103 at the same time. How do they calculate when the mob dies seeing he has 2 health pools and 2 dmg sources doing different dmg. Because when i hit the mob on my screen., His lower lvl mob lost health on his. and vice versa.

Do they add the health pools internaly and then making it avarage ? My small brain is noit grasping any of this.
    Or maybe its as simple as i dmg wolf 110 for 3 % dmg. Wolf 100 will also take 3% dmg. Then the amount of dmg i doo to my 110 wolf will not matter much. Since its the same %
    You have to get off the idea of hitting the same mob when not grouped. You see a lvl 110 mob if you're lvl 110, a lvl 103 see's lvl 103 mob in the same place, they are 2 different mobs, you see one, other guy see's the other.

When you are grouped you indeed see the same mob and it works percentual like you said.

They are testing zone scaling now in legion and later gonna decide on scaling old content.

What if they decide to scale everything up to lvl 110 including dungeons and raids ?
    I for one would rage hard if i am unable to go back soloing old content, farming transmogs, working on reputations and such.
    Need a group of 20+ to do molten core for full tier 1 transmogs. Hell no.

I guess one way would be to add scaling up til a certain level. Say vanilla zones would scale until you dinged 61 and then it stopped scaling and reverted back to its original levels and dungeons they could just add a new scaled difficulty.

How do you think they will implement this if they decide to ?
    I feel the opposite as you it seems. I'd love to have everything scaled to level in some form or another. I didn't enjoy one shotting every single thing level up and I don't enjoy one shotting every single thing at maximum level. That is brain dead boring content.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefsquatch View Post
    If it works well in Legion, I'm sure they'll implement it in all of the game world. They should introduce world quests and what not to the rest of the world too. It would make the game INSANELY huge. Endless content, literally. We have an entire game world that is pretty much useless. No one visits these places anymore and it kind of kills the immersion a bit, for me anyway. So I hope it happens.
    Agreed, we have an entire world that we hardly even use. So many zones that are extremely nice and well made but are ignored because there's no reason to go. If they actually used this scaling tech for the rest of the world we'd have one giant ass game for sure. Hopefully they decide to do this, would put the world back in world of Warcraft.