Page 1 of 11
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

So why has blizzard stopped connecting servers togheter?

Or am i missing something?
    Back at Mists of Pandaria they actively tried to solve the dead realm issue and they were working hard on it, almost weekly an announcement of servers mergconnecting and now in Warlords of Draenor they just dropped the ball and stopped connecting even 1 realm togheter.

What is their excuse?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

10+ Year Old Account
    honestly im surprised they didnt just lump all the servers in to 3 (or 4) timezone based mega realms.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Septik View Post
    honestly im surprised they didnt just lump all the servers in to 3 (or 4) timezone based mega realms.
    Because people already complain that they cant go offline in a MMORPG. So having so many people on your server will sure bring some whinners to the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    What is their excuse?
    Plain laziness, as usual. The whole management structure needs to be shaken up in order for something to change.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Because the servers they connected have stable realms?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel SnackyCakes View Post
    Not by a long shot. Some of them may be, but a lot of other connected dead realms are still dead.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Because they want you to pay for a character transfer.

Because people already complain that they cant go offline in a MMORPG. So having so many people on your server will sure bring some whinners to the forums.
    Completely unrelated issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Darkconda View Post
    Because they want you to pay for a character transfer.
    This right here.

The server I've played on since vanilla was connected to another server early on in this process. Two nearly dead servers does not equal one live server unfortunately.

So stable when there are 30 people online on Hellscream/Aggrammar EU and it's been dead for most of the expansion. And lately due to subs even larger servers like Tarren Mill EU are classified as Low most of the time.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    So stable when there are 30 people online on Hellscream/Aggrammar EU and it's been dead for most of the expansion. And lately due to subs even larger servers like Tarren Mill EU are classified as Low most of the time.
    actually no, it isn't dueto subs, it is due to server capacity being doubled. All the OCE realms that are connected have great populations.

actually no, it isn't dueto subs, it is due to server capacity being doubled. All the OCE realms that are connected have great populations.
    No it's because they are dead, in the first week it was because of your reason and it was at Medium and occasionally bumped back up to High.. Now it's just low all the time and the server is dead compared to before, so you're entirely wrong.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

10+ Year Old Account
    Or am i missing something?
    Back at Mists of Pandaria they actively tried to solve the dead realm issue and they were working hard on it, almost weekly an announcement of servers mergconnecting and now in Warlords of Draenor they just dropped the ball and stopped connecting even 1 realm togheter.

What is their excuse?
    They haven't announced that they are done, but they have to keep track on the servers first and see what the best choice it.

Quote Originally Posted by Septik View Post
    No, please, god no.. I wouldn't mind them merging all servers, but it should be RP, RPpvp, PvP and PvE - Not timezones.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    No it's because they are dead, in the first week it was because of your reason and it was at Medium and occasionally bumped back up to High.. Now it's just low all the time and the server is dead compared to before, so you're entirely wrong.
    Well my server is still extremely busy and isn't even the most "populated" of the battlegroup. So it is all just anecdotal evidence.

Though you seem to be exaggerating a bit.

I just want another server connected to shadow council and blackwater raiders.
    Is that too much to ask for?
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    My server got connected and we're already experiencing a queue.

Because an expansion is about to drop and there's a possibility (granted it's small) that dead/dying realms will see new life after it drops.

I would expect more mergers around the time 7.1 hits if realm populations remain low, however.

There's a fair few CR realms that are hovering just over 100k-200k CHARACTERS, while healthier populations have 400k-600k... they should constantly connect realms to keep this above 300k ...

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Because an expansion is about to drop and there's a possibility (granted it's small) that dead/dying realms will see new life after it drops.

I would expect more mergers around the time 7.1 hits if realm populations remain low, however.
    This right here.

The best time to do a server merger is after Legion launches when the game is active again but server populations have stabilized.

7+ Year Old Account
    Because the population is so low right now, that even if they connected every realm together it would make little difference. They're going to wait until after the expansion to see what the population is before doing anything.