Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    To be fair, that's one heck of a border you have to monitor there. I heard you actually need helicopters just to spot people, because anything else requires too much manpower. And then they're picked up 50 miles behind the border in the desert or something.
    Immigration is way too powerful of a wedge issue for politicians to give up by actually doing something about the border. So we're basically stuck with this for the indefinite future.

If the shooter was named John Roberts, well will call it an act of a lone mad man (behind the doors many will appreciate his effort to keep gay count low). Since the shooter is a Muslim, it has to be handy work of all powerful ISIS. Terrorism has come to America.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Direpenguin View Post
    The last time your nation decided to take everyone's guns, it ended up killing millions of people in death camps. So please don't talk to us about "how backwards" a country can be.
    Really? Canada did this? I had no idea....

Quote Originally Posted by Mavett View Post
    What's an "official" source for you?
    Anybody actually involved in investigating the crime. News sources will postulate 20 possible suspects by lunch time unless an official release comes out before then.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

10+ Year Old Account
    According to NBC the name Omar Mateen is confirmed.
    But we'll know more in about 15 min.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    Except neither Omar nor Mateen are even close to exclusively Islamic names. Now, if his middle names are actually "Mir Sadique," that's much more likely Arabic/Islamic, but we don't actually know this.

Omar is 100% Muslim name. I have no idea where "Mateen" comes from.

His family is from Afghanistan he was born in the US his first name is Omar and he is Muslim. He has made terrorist threats in the past, Orlando police were watching him and he was on the FBI watch list.

Except neither Omar nor Mateen are even close to exclusively Islamic names. Now, if his middle names are actually "Mir Sadique," that's much more likely Arabic/Islamic, but we don't actually know this.
    Both Omar and Mateen are pretty common in Arabic countries.

Quote Originally Posted by jdbond592 View Post
    My friend from high school Omar Luna, the hispanic Catholic, would disagree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Xandrigity View Post
    Hate to bust your bubble but it wasn't a white extremist it was a Muslim extremist on the FBI's watch list.
    SHUT UP HATEMONGER!!!!!! Stop blaming radical Islam!!! Even though you did not suggest that all Muslims are Islamists, or terrorists, I will accuse you of this anyway in order to silence you!!!

Look:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...80%93June_2015
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...3December_2015

Out of the 391 acts of terrorism listed here for last year, only 317 (my counting could be out by a little) are attributed (groups or individuals) to Islamist attackers, so only 81% of those listed was due to Islamists, so stop talking as if there is a problem with Islamism and violence. What about the 19% not carried out by Islamists? Huh? Of which, a high proportion are unknown attackers in areas which have been attacked by Islamists before.

Enough with the racism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Mavett View Post
    Both Omar and Mateen are pretty common in Arabic countries.
    But they aren't exclusively Arabic.

If the shooter was named John Roberts, well will call it an act of a lone mad man (behind the doors many will appreciate his effort to keep gay count low). Since the shooter is a Muslim, it has to be handy work of all powerful ISIS. Terrorism has come to America.
    Wow, lets not go there. You really think many people would "appreciate his effort to keep gay count low" ...? I know you want to prove racism or something, but cmon...

Quote Originally Posted by tehealadin View Post
    SHUT UP HATEMONGER!!!!!! Stop blaming radical Islam!!! Even though you did not suggest that all Muslims are Islamists, or terrorists, I will accuse you of this anyway in order to silence you!!!

Look:

Out of the 391 acts of terrorism listed here for last year, only 317 (my counting could be out by a little) are attributed (groups or individuals) to Islamist attackers, so only 81% of those listed was due to Islamists, so stop talking as if there is a problem with Islamism and violence. What about the 19% not carried out by Islamists? Huh? Of which, a high proportion are unknown attackers in areas which have been attacked by Islamists before.

Enough with the racism.

I clearly said extremist. Enough said. Don't add words or context where is doesn't exist in what I said.

10+ Year Old Account
    There goes the good guy with a gun idea.... One of the casualties is a police officer.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

What? No? I've known white people named Omar.

Deleted
    Clearly a radical zoroastrian, this can't have anything to do with Islam.

But they aren't exclusively Arabic.
    Omar isn't, Mateen is however.

Quote Originally Posted by tehealadin View Post

Look:

Enough with the racism.
    Whoa dude, calm your tits. He said it was a Muslim extremist. Not that he was any Muslim. That's possibly a fairly accurate description and not a statement about Muslims in general.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

My friend from high school Omar Luna, the hispanic Catholic, would disagree with you.

Clearly as clever as Shaquille O'neal.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    What? No? I've known white people named Omar.
    I mean, shit, I even said in my post that it's certainly possible he's Islamic/Arabic, and in previous posts that the FBI has "indications he was influenced by radical Islamism." But noooooo, unless I jump to the conclusion he's 100% Arabic based on a name that could come from literally anywhere I'm "apologizing for Islamic extremists."