Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Holidae View Post
    Because teenagers (and idiotic adults)think they know everything, and therefore can't be told what to do.
    So in essence... people think they know everything.

The internet in general is bad-tempered. Hence the Greater Internet Fuckwad Theory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Ever go to a middle school?? Actually, it may be early elementary school nowadays, with this youth...
    You know, when a child learns how to curse and discovers hormones? It's either that, or they keep discovering them over and over for years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Like Resentful says...no one likes taking orders.

Hermits maybe?

I did get angry in wow, because it was WoW. The anger comes from frustrations of getting the loot or farming honor etc. Don't be wondering why there are many angry wow players. Honestly they dont have anything to do other than raging at anyone for no reasons. Bad Anger management problems can start there, just by playing wow.

I feel sorry for those sick persons, really they need help.

I get like this after a while. If I go through a string of REALLY BAD bg's where everyone basically hs their head up their ass my fuse will get very short.

Quote Originally Posted by makketota View Post
    I was in wsg on my level 40 druid today, and I asked the healer to keep an eye on the flag carrier, and stop focusing on people that were farming hks. I got a quick capslocked reply - "DONT FUCKING TELL ME WHAT TO DO WHEN I KNOW, U FUCKING SHIT" I mean , this happens pretty often and not only in pvp. Why are people so angry ?
    You were on your Druid, were you healing or flag carrying? I suspect people get tired of being spammed at to heal by other people capable of healing.
    I was in a low level (~70) BG the other day and a guy asked if he should heal or not. Cue 3 Paladins, 1 Shaman and 2 Druids insisting he heal because we desperately needed healers, but none of them would do it.

That said, it all depends on how you approached the issue. Some people's ideas of requesting something are.. Well, rude.

My favourite screenshot is from someone on the PTR - everyone's trying out a BG and the rage because they're losing is totally insane. People screaming and raging at each other over a game on the PTR.... I mean, what's the point...?

Because Random BGs, LFG and LFR made them anonymous.

A blast from the past.

Basically, what the first couple of posts said it best. "People don't being told what to do."

Combine these two things:

- People who are often very introverted, with little social experience

- Jaded people who think they know everything about the game and naturally, everyone else should as well

...And it should be obvious. WoW's an old game, and the reason it forces such huge, dynamic changes so often is to keep players out of ruts like we're seeing in WoD. Everyone thinks they know every aspect of the game at this point even if they don't, and unfortunately a lot of them lack social skills as well. It leads to a lot of vitriolic and downright pathetic shades of shut-ins and douchebags who don't know how to deal with other people.

I was in wsg on my level 40 druid today, and I asked the healer to keep an eye on the flag carrier, and stop focusing on people that were farming hks. I got a quick capslocked reply - "DONT FUCKING TELL ME WHAT TO DO WHEN I KNOW, U FUCKING SHIT" I mean , this happens pretty often and not only in pvp. Why are people so angry ?
    There is actually a good life lesson in that.

If I ask nicely for someone to help me with something in BGs (e.g. going to get the flag), I usually get a good response. If I send a critical tell to someone saying, "Stop focusing on people in the middle," I usually get a pretty negative response.

As others have said, no one likes being bitched at by some random stranger in a BG that has no actual authority over them.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not just the WoW players, it's online players in general. When I was playing Battlefield, you could expect the same level of retardation in random games as well.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

10+ Year Old Account
    Please don't put this generalisation on every WoW player. It is only down to the person you meet in the end. I don't tend to rage or go ill tempered, and I have met many who doesn't either. It is just about example of choice, sadly you have met the wrong people.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Uzi View Post
    Because many have no real-life interaction experience whatsoever and have no idea how to treat and approach other people.
    I've seen this on these very forums. So many response are just full of vitriol, even masked. Passive-aggressiveness, sarcasm, snarkiness. It's pretty insufferable.

This is all because people on here and on the official forums tend to get extremely emotional about topics. They defend things with an absolute fervor, almost like they are afraid that what the other person is arguing for might happen that very moment. It's that anxiety that gives birth to the disgusting attitudes that are prevalent here.

How do I know? Because I do these things, too. Because everyone else does it, I don't feel I should show anyone any respect when they show me zero. Thus the board culture is born.

Deleted
    Or maybe Op, just maybe he/she didn't want to be told what to do. It gets a little annoying when people insistently tell you how to do things and go about things when you just want to play.

Because you were in PvP, and competition brings out the worst in people.

This isn't just in game. This is in real life. This asshats are everywhere.

Deleted
    It's a simple case of "Don't give your opinion unless asked", especially to some random strange.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    It's a simple case of "Don't give your opinion unless asked", especially to some random strange.
    This, too.

Although I gave an explanation because I think the WoW community overall is pretty terrible for an MMORPG, I don't really think in your case that his negative response was unwarranted. Even if someone's doing something wrong, unless they say something that would give you the idea they want help, and even if you think you're being nice...just keep your mouth shut. Unsolicited advice is annoying. It would be better to kick someone from a group than to tell them how to play the game. Even if they're in the wrong, you are seriously not going to accomplish anything unless you want to piss someone off or start an argument.

And to be totally blunt, most people don't give a shit about the objectives in BGs and just want to kill. And since they give no format to do that, complaining about the "midfielders" is pointless. There are no rules stating that they can't just PvP if they so choose.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, because the WoW community is the most toxic environment of all time. Between trade trolls, LFR trolls, new players being clueless, veteran players being entitled/arrogant, it's one giant clusterfuck
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore